BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

11 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

From the Community Trust’s most recent accounts - looks like the club are making a profit from a charity…

IMG_1737.thumb.jpeg.6fd2db46774195b1f25b72f3aa0be209.jpeg

That is awful and is up there with one of the worst things I've read during the Venky period. So a significant portion of our income comes from the clubs award winning charity!? Surely, this isn't normal and doesn't happen at other clubs.

1 hour ago, Polky said:

Wahlstedt has officially left the building! 

Translation:

AGF has bought Leopold Wahlstedt. 

Tipsbladet can reveal that. 

According to Tipsbladet's information, the 24-year-old goalkeeper has signed a five-year contract with the Superliga club, and thus the deal with Blackburn Rovers has gone through. 

Already several weeks ago, Tipsbladet was able to reveal that AGF and Blackburn Rovers had agreed on a price of approximately one million euros, 7.5 million kroner, and it was simply up to the goalkeeper himself whether he wanted to switch to the Superliga the club. 

On Sunday, Tipsbladet was the first media to report that the goalkeeper had decided that he would come to Denmark on Monday to have his medical check-up. 

It has gone completely according to plan, so now Leopold Wahlstedt has put his signature, which makes him AGF keeper until the summer of 2029. 

Thus, a long-awaited name finally comes to Danish football, because it is not more than a year ago that Leopold Wahlstedt was extremely close to moving to Brøndby from Odd, but at the last moment Blackburn Rovers came in from the right and seduced him to the Championship .

Leopold Wahlstedt got almost half of the league games in the Blackburn Rovers cage, but that's all over, because AGF has nipped him.”

Good 

9 minutes ago, Hannoverover said:

That is awful and is up there with one of the worst things I've read during the Venky period. So a significant portion of our income comes from the clubs award winning charity!? Surely, this isn't normal and doesn't happen at other clubs.

no it is`nt,the club is rotten to the core and it`s ceo is an unpleasant individual who would charge his own mother to use the toilet

• Like 4

• Backroom
54 minutes ago, bringdunnback said:

This is exactly why this forum has gone down over the years. Poor.

That is oddly specific, but ok

I’m not active nearly as much these days but I’ve been a mod here for near 15 years.

This isn’t a forum to cater to any one posters ideals. This thread is often the most populated in pre season and often discussion will naturally wander and this story is 100% relevant to the current plight, much more so than some random tenuous link Nicko will fill a column with.

If we discussed purely transfers in here we would have 5 pages discussing a young Irish lad coming in, Ruddy being a target, a bit about some scholars and Leo leaving.

Edited by Tom
  • Like 7

• Backroom

Good luck to the lad, really wanted him to be brilliant, good or at least half decent, sadly he showed a lack of fundamental assets a keeper needs.

A worthwhile experiment but one thats right to end.

Pears is barely any better though if at all!

• Like 2

The LET has an 'exclusive' on Dolan's contract today. Noting recent comments on the Rovers reporters they've had the article, in my view, is poor. Essentially outlines the state of play as being the same and then all the common sense scenarios people are generally aware of - could sign a better contract, leave for compensation in 12 months or go if we get a good bid. Hardly rocket science. 

1 minute ago, alex l said:

The LET has an 'exclusive' on Dolan's contract today. Noting recent comments on the Rovers reporters they've had the article, in my view, is poor. Essentially outlines the state of play as being the same and then all the common sense scenarios people are generally aware of - could sign a better contract, leave for compensation in 12 months or go if we get a good bid. Hardly rocket science. 

Best case scenario we can hope for with this would be Gallagher is sold, and whilst most of his wage and fee would go towards keeping the lights on (I do not believe his sale would facilitate an incoming transfer), they might be able to stretch to giving Dolan the wage he wants, whatever some people may think of him, Dolan is a useful Championship player with decent resale value.

Dolan is either good or garbage, there's not much of an inbetween. I definitely find myself saying for fucks sake Dolan more than well played Dolan over the course of a season too. Could say the same for half this squad though in fairness.

Can't see him having many teams clamouring for his services, I know Luton were mentioned at some point but I find that hard to believe. 

• Like 1

Brighton bid 30m for Rutter, its criminal that he's gonna end up going for way more than Szmodics when he didn't have anywhere near as good a season. Well aware of the age difference, just sad to see. Although we wouldn't see any of the 30m anyway so maybe I shouldn't be that arsed.

11 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Regarding the ongoing discussions around the Women’s team…

I don’t think there has been any reduction to the women’s team budget. It’s exactly the same as it has been for the last 2 years. I do need to clarify this 100% though.

There’s big pressure in the fan led review to improve the focus on the women’s teams, the phrasing mentions parity between Men’s and Women’s teams, hence they playing at Ewood far more regularly last season, and the pressure is on to get them moved over to a full time model. It’s obviously a money losing venture, and to go full time would cost probably £1-2 million per year so that’s a way off at present. The club also now have to include losses of the women’s team in FFP/P&S calculations, previously they were exempt. At present there is a complete reluctance to add another significant expense on to the balance sheet.

I’m not sure how big a story the players leaving is. It’s similar to non-league in that there is an exodus of players every year, it’s just the reality of the situation. Saffron Jordan packed it in last year to concentrate on her full time career. Having said that some good ones have moved on, but some of the more profile ones have remained. 

Several of those who have left have apparently done so as they’ve got the opportunity to go full time.

When did that change Duncan? I have searched and can't find any reference to it. 

Beyond the creative accounting, there are a number of other expenses which do not count towards PSR. These are not set in stone, but are generally accepted as being costs which are incurred 'in the general interests of football' such as a club's infrastructure, any associated women's team and the cost of running their academy.

22 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Brighton bid 30m for Rutter, its criminal that he's gonna end up going for way more than Szmodics when he didn't have anywhere near as good a season. Well aware of the age difference, just sad to see. Although we wouldn't see any of the 30m anyway so maybe I shouldn't be that arsed.

He's played 50 games in the Bundesliga with 11 goals and a dozen games in the Prem so a comparison purely on last season and age doesnt tell the full picture. 

The Dolan situation has been rumbling on for a year now and he is another who'll stroll about this season then leave for nothing.

This club is rotten to the core he should have been sold way before now as there is no money to give him a pay rise and it has seemed clear for a year he won't sign unless he gets a decent one.

Useless absolutely useless, it's hard supporting players who don't really want to be here anymore but it's even harder trying to justify supporting a club with administrators and owners like this one.

Tossers but obviously it'll all be the players fault.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

"John Eustace is working with a tight budget to improve his squad this summer" - after we've brought in north of £25m since last summer from player sales.

There's actually nothing to look forward to anymore regarding Rovers. No matter who we sell and how much we get, it's irrelevant - it all goes towards running costs, just to save the negligent billionaire owners a few quid.

It was incredibly clear after last season, that we'll go down without proper investment.

Yet, they have the audacity to talk about it being 30 years since we won the PL and will release kits reminiscent of 94/95... while relegation to League One is pretty much nailed on.

It's actually quite poetic, in a sense that it will perfectly encapsulate how the Venky's have dismantled everything Jack built.

I constantly hope for something to be happy about as a Rovers fan, but always get the opposite.

We're very clearly in a managed decline. The Venky's, Suhail, and Waggott are absolute scum. August 20th can't come soon enough - get them out.

Where’s that quote on the first line from about the tight budget. 

edit: it’s from Dolan story in LT. 

No wonder Gestede didn’t want to talk about it at the WATR AGM. 

Venky’s Out! 

Edited by Forever Blue
  • Like 3

No point in selling Dolan now when the money is being used to keep the lights on and helps out venkys.

Would rather keep the player as he won't be replaced.

He won't go for free anyway in the summer if he stays in this country.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The Dolan situation has been rumbling on for a year now and he is another who'll stroll about this season then leave for nothing.

This club is rotten to the core he should have been sold way before now as there is no money to give him a pay rise and it has seemed clear for a year he won't sign unless he gets a decent one.

Useless absolutely useless, it's hard supporting players who don't really want to be here anymore but it's even harder trying to justify supporting a club with administrators and owners like this one.

2 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

No point in selling Dolan now when the money is being used to keep the lights on and helps out venkys.

Would rather keep the player as he won't be replaced.

He won't go for free anyway in the summer if he stays in this country.

Because of his age, Dolan only leaves for free if he moves abroad next summer.  Still a risk, but if there is no money to replace him, then its one that needs to be taken

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

‘Tight budget’

So the club issued a misleading statement about funding 

or

Venkys can fund us but won’t, and are using the Wharton/Raya money instead. 

It is down right depressing what the are up to and I just wish they would be honest.

As we know, they have stated that funds have been requested and that Pasha has been over to discuss budgets, but now this.

We are back to the miss leading statements again and how this court case does affect Rovers, despite the narrative, that it doesn't. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I've never known a club so poor and weak at handling its assets or dealing with these situations.

Rothwell, Lenihan, Diaz, Nyambe - you'd have thought after those debacles costing tens of millions of pounds that heads would have rolled or serious lessons learned. It seems not. We're gearing up for more of the same with Gallagher and Dolan, who like them or loathe them are two of the few players we have remaining who can attract serious interest from rival Championship clubs.

We seem to be pinned into a corner whereby we don't want to lose or sell these people at the right time, but are totally incapable or unwilling to extend their terms. It is obvious why we aren't doing the latter - drastic Venky cuts make it almost impossible to offer terms to players that are appropriate and other clubs will offer far better - the question is why we don't sell before this point and I suspect the answer is because they know that even with some cash in from those sales we aren't going to be able to source as good or better because none of it will be reinvested and the wages will never be re-allocated.

Once upon a time they could successfully lay the blame at the door of greedy players and agents but I've come to the conclusion that they aren't the problem here, far from it, and it is the actions of the club, or lack of action of the club, that is forcing these situations to develop and players to look elsewhere. It's happening far too frequently for it to be anything else.

• Like 9