BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

7 minutes ago, neophox said:

Another sale of a goalkeeper who will soon be s regular in Swedens team for sure...were in for a dire season...sold a lot of players and a lot of money coming in but no signings nothing to look forward too.

We can't afford the luxury of letting him make so many errors while on the job. Our GKs did their best to send us down last season and needs improving. No big loss.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, neophox said:

Another sale of a goalkeeper who will soon be s regular in Swedens team for sure...were in for a dire season...sold a lot of players and a lot of money coming in but no signings nothing to look forward too.

Despite if he's involved for Sweden... He's comfortably the worst keeper I've ever seen. Thank f*ck he's gone and we got that money back. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheRevAshton said:

"John Eustace is working with a tight budget to improve his squad this summer" - after we've brought in north of £25m since last summer from player sales.

There's actually nothing to look forward to anymore regarding Rovers. No matter who we sell and how much we get, it's irrelevant - it all goes towards running costs, just to save the negligent billionaire owners a few quid.

It was incredibly clear after last season, that we'll go down without proper investment.

Yet, they have the audacity to talk about it being 30 years since we won the PL and will release kits reminiscent of 94/95... while relegation to League One is pretty much nailed on.

It's actually quite poetic, in a sense that it will perfectly encapsulate how the Venky's have dismantled everything Jack built.

I constantly hope for something to be happy about as a Rovers fan, but always get the opposite.

We're very clearly in a managed decline. The Venky's, Suhail, and Waggott are absolute scum. August 20th can't come soon enough - get them out.

I say ot all the time but anybody that defends them or supports them in any way is not, never was and never will be a fan of Blackburn Rovers.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, TheRevAshton said:

"John Eustace is working with a tight budget to improve his squad this summer" - after we've brought in north of £25m since last summer from player sales.

There's actually nothing to look forward to anymore regarding Rovers. No matter who we sell and how much we get, it's irrelevant - it all goes towards running costs, just to save the negligent billionaire owners a few quid.

It was incredibly clear after last season, that we'll go down without proper investment.

Yet, they have the audacity to talk about it being 30 years since we won the PL and will release kits reminiscent of 94/95... while relegation to League One is pretty much nailed on.

It's actually quite poetic, in a sense that it will perfectly encapsulate how the Venky's have dismantled everything Jack built.

I constantly hope for something to be happy about as a Rovers fan, but always get the opposite.

We're very clearly in a managed decline. The Venky's, Suhail, and Waggott are absolute scum. August 20th can't come soon enough - get them out.

The comment you've made about nothing to look forward to anymore is spot on. 

The ownership is a complete disaster and it's been a managed decline for years now.

Bringing in a significant amount in transfer fees, only to keep the lights on is fucking depressing. 

It's basically another God awful season on the horizon and we're going to be down at the bottom of the league, hoping that basically there are 3 worse teams than us to keep us up.

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, neophox said:

Sweden must be awful

12 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Something that really, really irritated me this week was reading the Travis article on the club website

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/july/02/eustace--trav-better-following-his-tractor-boys-experience/

Within there it talks about how he helped Ipswich to promotion to the PL for the first time in 22 years and about how that loan will have helped him and how it will have been a great experience and it even comes with a photo of him in an Ipswich shirt celebrating promotion.

These people are just totally shameless aren't they?

I've still not fully digested the fact that we bundled him out the back door in the first week of January (club captain) to a league rival. I still find it difficult to digest that clubs such as Ipswich can come through League One and straight through to the Premier League under bright and ambitious management.

Meanwhile they reduce this club further and further every season , falling further and further behind such clubs all the time.

But for Rovers to now pretend that this diabolical maneuver was a positive decision for the club and player, that it will somehow benefit Rovers, that we are supposed to tolerate this sort of thing, plastering photos over our own website of our captain celebrating Ipswich's promotion last season whilst we limped our way to survival.

Simply incredible to me that anyone employed by Rovers can even talk about it with a straight face. Scandalous.

They need to be working out a way to emulate the mighty Ipswich not acting grateful that our captain has benefited from their promotion when in reality it was nothing  more than a sinister money saving scheme.

Fully agree.

The title rubbed me up the wrong way too "Trav better following his Tractor Boys experience"...

They only loaned him because Morsy was unavailable, and he hardly played in the end.

He's the player he is today thanks to Blackburn Rovers, and our Academy - 333 minutes across 9 games at Ipswich hasn't suddenly turned him into Roy fucking Keane.

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, J*B said:

And there we have it in black and white. Despite earning tens of millions of pounds in transfer fees including:

Forcing a generational talent out of the door to keep the lights on

Selling an incredibly well thought after centre half to Spurs

The 4M pound sell on fee for a player we sold for 3M as he moves to the potential Premier League winners this season

The training ground - Jack Walkers last legacy - sold which we now rent from our Indian Overlords.

We have a 'limited' transfer budget. At the same time last seasons captain, Hyam, one of our few international players, Sigurdsson, our only striker, Gallagher and our most effective winger, Dolan all out of contract in 12 months and show no signs of renegotiating new deals. 

If you're going to come here and try to find positives, or talk about optimism, you're going to need to show some receipts. Because as I see it, there's absolutely nothing to be enthusiastic about in regards to this football clubs short term success. My money is on relegation. 

Relegation, is a racing certainty, just as it was when we lost our Premier status... Deliberately manufactured!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheRevAshton said:

As I said the other day, the only hope is if the Indian courts don't budge then the end game has to be coming because Szmodics aside, you'd struggle to get a couple of million for the lot.

Keeping everything crossed that this season is the last of their disastrous reign. We'll be left in an absolute state - likely League One at best, but IMO bring it on if it means they are gone.

• Like 9

43 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Something that really, really irritated me this week was reading the Travis article on the club website

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/july/02/eustace--trav-better-following-his-tractor-boys-experience/

Within there it talks about how he helped Ipswich to promotion to the PL for the first time in 22 years and about how that loan will have helped him and how it will have been a great experience and it even comes with a photo of him in an Ipswich shirt celebrating promotion.

These people are just totally shameless aren't they?

I've still not fully digested the fact that we bundled him out the back door in the first week of January (club captain) to a league rival. I still find it difficult to digest that clubs such as Ipswich can come through League One and straight through to the Premier League under bright and ambitious management.

Meanwhile they reduce this club further and further every season , falling further and further behind such clubs all the time.

But for Rovers to now pretend that this diabolical maneuver was a positive decision for the club and player, that it will somehow benefit Rovers, that we are supposed to tolerate this sort of thing, plastering photos over our own website of our captain celebrating Ipswich's promotion last season whilst we limped our way to survival.

Simply incredible to me that anyone employed by Rovers can even talk about it with a straight face. Scandalous.

They need to be working out a way to emulate the mighty Ipswich not acting grateful that our captain has benefited from their promotion when in reality it was nothing  more than a sinister money saving scheme.

I am actually beginning to think, that they have forgotten how to tell the truth, or they think every BRFC fan is a gullible moron.

At the player of the year award, the back slapping done was incredible and the reference made several times to how wonderful our owners are, just beggars belief. 

• Like 3

We all know that there is next to nothing to spend on transfers.

I can’t see us spending a fee to bring in 35 year old, Tim Krul who’s played 23 games in two seasons.

We’ll promote Hilton or Eastham as the number two keeper for the season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Polky said:

We all know that there is next to nothing to spend on transfers.

I can’t see us spending a fee to bring in 35 year old, Tim Krul who’s played 23 games in two seasons.

We’ll promote Hilton or Eastham as the number two keeper for the season.

Getting some desperate cash for either Leo or Pears, and promoting Hilton or Eastham, has always been the plan IMO.

They'll try and justify it as 'career pathways'.

• Like 4