BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

5 minutes ago, Mercer said:

No surprise this is only 'made known' after Phase 1 of ST sales has ended.

IMO, wholly cynical.

Who in their right minds, are surprised by the budget. Anyone who bought a season ticket because it was cheaper have got what everyone expected.  

• Like 1

Another exit for cash where there wasn't a sudden inexplicable breakdown in dealing with the administrative requirements.

Funny that. Only happens when big wages and a fee needs to be paid out....

Likewise perfectly able to commit to outgoings at this 'early' stage in the window but we are being drilled by the Telegraph not to expect incomings for a while, something about the Euros etc.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lraC said:

It is down right depressing what the are up to and I just wish they would be honest.

As we know, they have stated that funds have been requested and that Pasha has been over to discuss budgets, but now this.

We are back to the miss leading statements again and how this court case does affect Rovers, despite the narrative, that it doesn't. 

The problem (for them) is if they are honest in the ST window, sales tank when they basically need.... cash. So they have told a whopper to deflect attention and made the ST window only 1 month long to maximise sales before the cat escapes its bag.

We did all know that, right?

• Like 4

"Head of Emerging Talent" Paul Aladejare left last week

https://www.linkedin.com/in/paul-aladejare-62a4ab66/

Friday was my last day at Blackburn and it has been a great journey within the first team recruitment department. Working with some top people with some really good work and business being done in the game and player trading model. Massive thanks to Gregg, Sean, Tom, Luke, Lewis and Stuart for all your support.

With things around the direction of the club changing and external factors surrounding the club I believe it’s a great time for me to explore new opportunities.

From waking up at 3am / 4am most days to get video work done just to compete against Premier League clubs with vast global scouting recruitment teams has been the biggest bow to my string. Identification of nemourous players valued at £350k 12/14 months ago now valued at £25-40million.The vast Hours of hard work, due diligence and data driven evidence based work to build a global database of talent from scratch has been my greatest job satisfaction which will yield fruits going forward. I am really proud we have been able to break barriers, engage and build relationships across the UK and afar with communities and organisations that felt disengaged with the club prior.

Talent ID and recruitment is consistently evolving and I’ll be doing UK and European club visits over the next few weeks and look forward to seeing some new and familiar faces as well as continuing my personal development.

The future belongs to those who prepare for it today. Winners embrace hard work they love the discipline of it, the trade off needed to win.

It has been a absolute privilege and I wish the entire club, Steve, Suhail, Rudy and the gaffer the very best in the future.

Yours in sport,

Paul Aladejare

Edited by KentExile

image.thumb.jpeg.94d1b019a93e7162f1c4b8ab9a70cfe6.jpeg

Steven Caulker has done an interview about his career this week.

I knew we were linked with Caulker but hadn’t realised we’d offered him a two year contract. 

Offering someone a contract and then reducing it last second is straight out of the Steve Waggott playbook 😬

• Like 3

Let's be honest, the club is screwed and there's only one family responsible. Sure, the likes of Waggott aren't blameless in how they treat fans but ultimately the owners have taken a stable Premier League club and seem like they won't sell even if it's only worth scrap value by the time it is done.

There's no chance the club can sell the £20m+ annually it needs and be able to invest to stay in the league. At this point I'm more confident of hitting non-league in the next 10 years than I am Premier League.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Or if we don’t offer him a new contract on at least his current terms.

He has already ben offered a new contract and even in our current state, they will have been able to match what he is currently on (otherwise they wouldn't have triggered his year option), so I don't think we have to worry there

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KentExile said:

"Head of Emerging Talent" Paul Aladejare left last week

https://www.linkedin.com/in/paul-aladejare-62a4ab66/

Friday was my last day at Blackburn and it has been a great journey within the first team recruitment department. Working with some top people with some really good work and business being done in the game and player trading model. Massive thanks to Gregg, Sean, Tom, Luke, Lewis and Stuart for all your support.

With things around the direction of the club changing and external factors surrounding the club I believe it’s a great time for me to explore new opportunities.

From waking up at 3am / 4am most days to get video work done just to compete against Premier League clubs with vast global scouting recruitment teams has been the biggest bow to my string. Identification of nemourous players valued at £350k 12/14 months ago now valued at £25-40million.The vast Hours of hard work, due diligence and data driven evidence based work to build a global database of talent from scratch has been my greatest job satisfaction which will yield fruits going forward. I am really proud we have been able to break barriers, engage and build relationships across the UK and afar with communities and organisations that felt disengaged with the club prior.

Talent ID and recruitment is consistently evolving and I’ll be doing UK and European club visits over the next few weeks and look forward to seeing some new and familiar faces as well as continuing my personal development.

The future belongs to those who prepare for it today. Winners embrace hard work they love the discipline of it, the trade off needed to win.

It has been a absolute privilege and I wish the entire club, Steve, Suhail, Rudy and the gaffer the very best in the future.

Yours in sport,

Paul Aladejare

Anyone that can is deserting the sinking ship.

In the event we go into Administration, those that are left can’t say there weren’t any warning signs.

I’d persnally rather stack shelves than work for this lot. 

Venkys (Raos)  just go.

Honour Jack’s legacy my arse.  

• Like 9

4 hours ago, neophox said:

Another sale of a goalkeeper who will soon be s regular in Swedens team for sure...were in for a dire season...sold a lot of players and a lot of money coming in but no signings nothing to look forward too.

Even if Wahlstedt improves beyond all recognition, he is not getting in Sweden's first 11 in front of Viktor Johansson (who isn't even first choice himself)

Edited by KentExile

I don't doubt we have little to no budget for transfers, all signs seem to point to it being the case. However, there does seem to be some hypocrisy when it comes to people's views on Elliot Jackson's work. 

There seems to have been a fair number of comments along the lines of him having no information about going ons at the club. Yet now he has published something which suits the narrative of the club having financial issues, very few of the same people are questioning his information. 

1 minute ago, alex l said:

I don't doubt we have little to no budget for transfers, all signs seem to point to it being the case. However, there does seem to be some hypocrisy when it comes to people's views on Elliot Jackson's work. 

There seems to have been a fair number of comments along the lines of him having no information about going ons at the club. Yet now he has published something which suits the narrative of the club having financial issues, very few of the same people are questioning his information. 

I don't think they are actually. 

He did write about there being no impediment on the owners sending funds and also stated that funds have been requested to bring in players and to run the club for the coming season. He has now stated that the budget is tight, so it conflicts with what has been previously been reported. 

56 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Another exit for cash where there wasn't a sudden inexplicable breakdown in dealing with the administrative requirements.

Funny that. Only happens when big wages and a fee needs to be paid out....

Actually one of the three times it happened was the puny fee for Ethan Brierley. 

Next Seasons Squad

Pears, Michalski, older GK if they can get one cheap, if not then either Hilton/Eastham

Hyam, Carter, O'Riordan, Atcheson left footed CB on loan/Gamble

Pickering, Gent

Brittain, Duru

Tronstad, JRC, Travis, Buckley, Garrett, Edmondson

Hedges, fast headless chicken winger on loan/Markanday

Sigurdsson, Gilsenan

Dolan, Leonard, Vale, Tijon

Szmodics, Gallagher sold to save money/keep lights on

Telalovic back to the continent on loan with an option to buy

Not including Wharton due to his injury

Batty, loaned out.

Markanday & Gamble loaned out if they get loans in who may be better

Then all cross our fingers and hope court case goes ok in late August and scramble for late cast offs

Not particularly hopeful

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, toogs said:

Anyone that can is deserting the sinking ship.

In the event we go into Administration, those that are left can’t say there weren’t any warning signs.

I’d persnally rather stack shelves than work for this lot. 

Venkys (Raos)  just go.

Honour Jack’s legacy my arse.  

Not so sure about the comment regarding turning 350k players into £25-30m in 12 months. Who is he referring to?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Not so sure about the comment regarding turning 350k players into £25-30m in 12 months. Who is he referring to?

Probably players we refused to put our hands in our wallets for, or were beaten to by clubs that aren't a mess.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

And how many of those did we give the support in buying? Ffs

Yep, identifying talent does not mean that we bought said talent

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lraC said:

I don't think they are actually. 

He did write about there being no impediment on the owners sending funds and also stated that funds have been requested to bring in players and to run the club for the coming season. He has now stated that the budget is tight, so it conflicts with what has been previously been reported. 

Not exactly the easiest job. I imagine there are people high up in the blackburn staff that dont really know whats going on. I imagine budget goalposts get changed by the second, and i imagine only a very select couple of people may know. But with the Venkys, you've just got the unknown, he may well get told something by a rovers official only for things to just rapidly change. Either way I cant imagine the football club are going to phone him and tell him exact figures and plans. I would imagine the budget is going to be limited anyway. Its like us fans wanting to know whats going on, in what world do any clubs tell fans whats going on. Im sure we can all make our own conclusions of the mess were probably in, but it blows my mind sometimes when I read things on socials about fans not knowing about things. Club needs some form of tactical strategy when trying to purchase players. If we start sounding out we have a war chest its not the brightest strategy is it. And I'm in no way saying this is the case, just giving a potential alternative view. But I think people need to realise the clubs not going to be telling someone the ins and outs, maybe snippets to show some communication with fans, but we cant expect to be told the exact truths most of the times. 

I highly doubt he would release statements he didnt believe was true, knowing it will only make himself look silly.

• Like 1