BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

9 minutes ago, martonrover said:

A bit of objectivity - 

No new manager / head coach is going to come in and immediately start biting the hand that feeds him.

Unlike Gestede, Eustace has not publicly rimmed Suhail and Waggott. Instead, he's just got on with the job.

Given our desperate plight, we probably wouldn't replace Eustace with anyone more likely to keep us in the Championship.

Yep, would almost certainly be either someone in the Kean/Coyle mould, or flipping a coin on a guy in his first managerial role

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, martonrover said:

A bit of objectivity - 

No new manager / head coach is going to come in and immediately start biting the hand that feeds him.

Unlike Gestede, Eustace has not publicly rimmed Suhail and Waggott. Instead, he's just got on with the job.

Given our desperate plight, we probably wouldn't replace Eustace with anyone more likely to keep us in the Championship.

Correct.

Their one and only flirt with a real go getting ambitious young coach whose desire was to build a top 6 side quickly but on a budget they pulled the plug on. Very strange and some would say suspicious seeing as that was the type of guy and the objective they always claim they've desired.

Even more odd their safe as houses steady plodder actually finally delivered a tilt at the play offs after 5 years and ironically after a budget cut and they let him go in order to appoint the young ambitious coach.

So now we have Eustace who is here and was brought in soley because he is a firefighter who knows damn well what hes walking into. It's a no lose situation for someone like him and there is nothing better on the horizon he's actually the right man for the job when the only aim is to finish one point or place better than last season amid all the sales and cutbacks.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Correct.

Their one and only flirt with a real go getting ambitious young coach whose desire was to build a top 6 side quickly but on a budget they pulled the plug on. Very strange and some would say suspicious seeing as that was the type of guy and the objective they always claim they've desired.

Even more odd their safe as houses steady plodder actually finally delivered a tilt at the play offs after 5 years and ironically after a budget cut and they let him go in order to appoint the young ambitious coach.

So now we have Eustace who is here and was brought in soley because he is a firefighter who knows damn well what hes walking into. It's a no lose situation for someone like him and there is nothing better on the horizon he's actually the right man for the job when the only aim is to finish one point or place better than last season amid all the sales and cutbacks.

I think here we just see the inconsistencies and nuances of Venky ownership. Too many different ideas and decision makers.

I firmly believe that the reason Mowbray was able to quickly establish himself as the dominant power at the club was because straight after relegation in 2017 he jumped on a plane to Pune and met with Desai and husband. As with Kean and Bowyer that secured him a contract extension and by Venky standards a hefty transfer and wage budget. This is because they will grant such face-to-face requests and those two are the ultimate controllers of funds.

For that reason Mowbray was as safe as houses for 5 years and was never, ever, going to get sacked or replaced until his contract expired. Results, performances, progress, all totally immaterial as with Kean. I'm not comparing the two blokes as I think Kean to be despicable whereas Mowbray a well meaning and competent manager albeit very frustrating at times. But similar patterns in their job security and links to the top dogs in India.

After Mowbray finally left I think and suspect that the top 2 took a back seat and left the next decision to a combination of Waggott, Pasha and Balaji (the more time that goes by I suspect it was less to do with Waggott and more others).

This is why we get something more resembling a modern, professional, forward thinking structure with a plan behind it, but totally hamstrung by a lack of serious funding created by virtue of the top 2 owners having no involvement in it and not having that personal link to the management.

I think they tried to overcome this problem in summer 2023 by attempting to set up a meeting for Broughton and JDT to go to India to meet the top 2. Clearly after a positive first season and concerns about budgets this was an attempt to persuade the top 2 to relinquish funds to support JDT who was getting restless and had offered to leave.

But for one reason or another that meeting never occurred, no money comes through and inevitably he leaves.

In the chaos of February I think the Eustace appointment was similar to the Mowbray one in 2017 - simply turning to an out of work bloke with a reasonable reputation from elsewhere and hoping he can firefight. The difference this time around is that Eustace hasn't had the India jolly, so isn't going to be armed with a hefty transfer kitty. Instead he's going to have to work with peanuts like the other non-India visitors Lambert, Coyle and JDT got.

All boils down to technically having 3/4 different owners with different plans, ideas and financial capabilities, ultimately the proper serious money being in the control of Desai and husband, those two refusing to engage in the process unless people go out to India and wait to meet them, and between all that people like Waggott and Pasha with their own opinions, wishes, feelings and power struggles to win.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, roverblue said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they needed the Whalstedt cash to pay some bills hence the quick sale. Expect more to come 

I think it is likely that we were due to pay the next installment of his fee… 

Strongly suspect that the buying club merely took on our obligations as there is no way in hell we got the reported fee for him

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Roverthechimp said:

I think it is likely that we were due to pay the next installment of his fee… 

Strongly suspect that the buying club merely took on our obligations as there is no way in hell we got the reported fee for him

I strongly suspect you are on to something there but either way coming out of that deal with the minimal of damage done finance wise can't be a bad thing.

In a better organisation we'd have loaned him out and brought in instant competition or replacement for Pears but in this madhouse any bit of common sense has to be applauded.

5 hours ago, KentExile said:

"Head of Emerging Talent" Paul Aladejare left last week

https://www.linkedin.com/in/paul-aladejare-62a4ab66/

Friday was my last day at Blackburn and it has been a great journey within the first team recruitment department. Working with some top people with some really good work and business being done in the game and player trading model. Massive thanks to Gregg, Sean, Tom, Luke, Lewis and Stuart for all your support.

With things around the direction of the club changing and external factors surrounding the club I believe it’s a great time for me to explore new opportunities.

From waking up at 3am / 4am most days to get video work done just to compete against Premier League clubs with vast global scouting recruitment teams has been the biggest bow to my string. Identification of nemourous players valued at £350k 12/14 months ago now valued at £25-40million.The vast Hours of hard work, due diligence and data driven evidence based work to build a global database of talent from scratch has been my greatest job satisfaction which will yield fruits going forward. I am really proud we have been able to break barriers, engage and build relationships across the UK and afar with communities and organisations that felt disengaged with the club prior.

Talent ID and recruitment is consistently evolving and I’ll be doing UK and European club visits over the next few weeks and look forward to seeing some new and familiar faces as well as continuing my personal development.

The future belongs to those who prepare for it today. Winners embrace hard work they love the discipline of it, the trade off needed to win.

It has been a absolute privilege and I wish the entire club, Steve, Suhail, Rudy and the gaffer the very best in the future.

Yours in sport,

Paul Aladejare

Pity Swag and the lunatics didn’t sign any of these £350/400k gems !

• Like 2

From waking up at 3am / 4am most days to get video work done just to compete against Premier League clubs with vast global scouting recruitment teams has been the biggest bow to my string. 

Bow to my string? Sure to be a huge loss, this one.

And why was he waking up at 3am like something is time sensitive or would move quickly? Didn't he know who he was working for?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, rock steady said:

From waking up at 3am / 4am most days to get video work done just to compete against Premier League clubs with vast global scouting recruitment teams has been the biggest bow to my string. 

And why was he waking up at 3am like something is time sensitive or would move quickly? Didn't he know who he was working for?

More elbow to his power. 

• Like 2

I can see what’s coming now.
No significant incomings. Sell a couple. Court case goes against us. Fire sale. Transfer window closes and the following day Burnley get proper revenge for the April Fools day massacre.

Edited by Hasta

26 minutes ago, rock steady said:

Must have been incredibly rewarding. All that effort resulting in no actual signings.

• Like 2

After the disastrous summer last year I was hoping for a better one this time around. Yet it seems to be more of the same chaos behind the scenes. It's never good when there's an exodus of people leaving of their own accord, that is very telling. 

We have Waggot, Park, Owen, Gestede, Sulhal et al at the top yet none of them have any real power and I suspect it will be a case of too many cooks and no decisions are ever made or agreed upon. It doesn't matter anyway when you have the incompetence of Venkys running the show.

It also looks and feels like we are really short on cash again this summer despite bringing in a huge amount of revenue with the Wharton and Raya deals. Clearly there are huge issues remaining with the owners sending money over despite the official soundbites to the contrary.

Obviously there's still time to prove otherwise but we're shopping in the bargain basement again I strongly suspect. Probably hoping to pick up some good loan deals and bring through some academy players, and a couple of Tim Krul-esque signings.