BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

2 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

After the disastrous summer last year I was hoping for a better one this time around. Yet it seems to be more of the same chaos behind the scenes. It's never good when there's an exodus of people leaving of their own accord, that is very telling. 

Why?  All signs pointed to more of the same

3 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Obviously there's still time to prove otherwise but we're shopping in the bargain basement again I strongly suspect. Probably hoping to pick up some good loan deals and bring through some academy players, and a couple of Tim Krul-esque signings. 

if you are skint then you need a good scouting network to find bargains at a low price,we don`t have one,which is very worrying indeed

I renewed my season ticket, at the end very end of the first deadline, on a pay monthly basis. I did so because I wanted the option to change my mind, if Waggot’s (and the lot above’s) piss poor leadership of the club continued. 

I’ll be blunt- if we don’t spend some of that Wharton money within the 14 day cooling off period, I’ll be knocking it on the head.

I’m not paying my hard earned cash to watch us be run into ground by Waggot and the lot above. 

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Why?  All signs pointed to more of the same

We didn't have the Wharton or Raya funds last summer and we were told that there are "no longer any issues" with the owners sending over money. 

On the plus side, I do for the first time have some hope that venkys may sell the club. I only ever thought they would for political or economic reasons and when they are essentially forced to. The Indian government are making it very hard for them which may force their hand eventually.

• Like 7

I really believe that Waggott just comes out with what he thinks people want to hear as and when he's under pressure or the spotlight. 

I don't think he cares whether it is true or not, he doesn't think anyone will bother pulling him up on it and just assumes people will forget or that if they do remember it will be too late for anything to happen.

So when put on the spot about the owners funding 'issues' last year he'll have said the bare minimum designed to get the pressure off his back and appear positive to the fans. That's what he's always done. Said very little but what he has said cleverly designed to protect his masters from any hassle, criticism or grief.

So now when we are thinking about whether he was being accurate, truthful or sincere back last year or many months ago it isn't worth getting too hung up on. He's a proven liar but to be fair he probably knows a lot less than you'd expect a CEO to know. I bet he is just given a budget to work to and he'll be lucky to get wind of the owners issues a few times a year. 

Then when the only interrogation you get all year round is the Telegraph, Radio Lancashire, club media and the fans forum every few months it becomes pretty easy to blag your way through.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

I really believe that Waggott just comes out with what he thinks people want to hear as and when he's under pressure or the spotlight. 

I don't think he cares whether it is true or not, he doesn't think anyone will bother pulling him up on it and just assumes people will forget or that if they do remember it will be too late for anything to happen.

So when put on the spot about the owners funding 'issues' last year he'll have said the bare minimum designed to get the pressure off his back and appear positive to the fans. That's what he's always done. Said very little but what he has said cleverly designed to protect his masters from any hassle, criticism or grief.

So now when we are thinking about whether he was being accurate, truthful or sincere back last year or many months ago it isn't worth getting too hung up on. He's a proven liar but to be fair he probably knows a lot less than you'd expect a CEO to know. I bet he is just given a budget to work to and he'll be lucky to get wind of the owners issues a few times a year. 

Then when the only interrogation you get all year round is the Telegraph, Radio Lancashire, club media and the fans forum every few months it becomes pretty easy to blag your way through.

I think he just doesn't know himself from one day to the next so he just does his salesman job and pays lip service in favour of the owners because he daren't do anything else.

He's been proven to be a bullshitter several times even having to back track himself so his word is worth fresh air but the actual truth is most things go on above him.

• Like 2

Times have changed mostly for the better but I would like to turn the clock back 50 years or so , Waggott and the shadow man  , would be looking over their shoulders every minute on a Saturday, home or away ...

One day it's coming and I hope I am on  Ewood Park to see it ! 

Venkys Out !

• Like 3

1 hour ago, B16Rover said:

Is there any record anywhere of his statements Vs reality at Charlton and Coventry. I realise ultimately he's just the message boy but it'd be a good 'pack' for sharing the message (i.e. he's not trustworthy)

ask any coventry or charlton fans,he`s just as disliked there as he is here,basically did the same to them as he`s done here,petty cost cutting,major league bull*****g,consistent half truths and lining his pockets with an undeserved six figure salary,hopefully this coming season,which all of us can see as being disastrous will his nadir

7 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

ask any coventry or charlton fans,he`s just as disliked there as he is here,basically did the same to them as he`s done here,petty cost cutting,major league bull*****g,consistent half truths and lining his pockets with an undeserved six figure salary,hopefully this coming season,which all of us can see as being disastrous will his nadir

I suppose that's the point I'm making.  I'm semi shocked there's no timeline from either fan on their message boards but I've never asked in fairness 

28 minutes ago, Danishfan said:

Well, I am pleased Leo is leaving Rovers, but why did he have to join AGF of all clubs in the world! AGF  is my local team and the team I support in Superligaen, so I am still stuck with him 😂😆

At least you can track and keep us updated on his progress 👍

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Danishfan said:

Well, I am pleased Leo is leaving Rovers, but why did he have to join AGF of all clubs in the world! AGF  is my local team and the team I support in Superligaen, so I am still stuck with him 😂😆

9 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

At least you can track and keep us updated on his progress 👍

Out of interest, what is the standard of goalkeeping in Denmark?   Dingle Peacock-Farrell was at AGF last season and has always struck me as not very good.  How did he do in comparison to other GKs in the top division in Denmark?

Edited by KentExile

1 hour ago, Danishfan said:

KSDH! 

As a fellow AGF fan I am also sceptic but I have come to the conclusion that he will come good and be great for AGF

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Hate the people that have somehow ended up owning and running Blackburn Rovers, all this is so depressing because we love the club.

It stems from there, no doubt, but there’s absolute fucking clowns based at Ewood too that could and should be doing much better. 

John Park will bring his own people into his department, so I wouldn’t read too much into the Head of Emerging Talent leaving. What “emerging talents” have we recruited over the past few years to justify his role? The only decent players we have signed in recent years were established pro’s in the championship and one from the Eredivisie.

Money is clearly a massive issue despite Waggot’s cock and bull stories. A change of tact is required. Get the likes of Tim Krul, Liam Cooper, John Fleck (if fit) to be the spine of the team then perhaps loanees to play in the wide areas. A centre forward gamble from Europe and another if we get a decent offer for Gallagher.

I can’t see any significant cash buys, except maybe those similar to Wahlstedt and Telalovic towards the end of the window.

• Like 1