BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

1 minute ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Still no major strengthening of a side that struggled so much last Season,we all know what is needed.

Feel sorry for the ST holders but expect another season of survival being the name of the game..if SS doesn't hit the heights again or is sold at the last minute then its God help us!

Let’s not abbreviate Szmodics shall we 🤣

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, FE123 said:

John Park will bring his own people into his department, so I wouldn’t read too much into the Head of Emerging Talent leaving. What “emerging talents” have we recruited over the past few years to justify his role? The only decent players we have signed in recent years were established pro’s in the championship and one from the Eredivisie.

Money is clearly a massive issue despite Waggot’s cock and bull stories. A change of tact is required. Get the likes of Tim Krul, Liam Cooper, John Fleck (if fit) to be the spine of the team then perhaps loanees to play in the wide areas. A centre forward gamble from Europe and another if we get a decent offer for Gallagher.

I can’t see any significant cash buys, except maybe those similar to Wahlstedt and Telalovic towards the end of the window.

Depends upon the age groups we are looking at (I would guess "emerging talent" relates to players 18 and under, but I may be wrong)

The guy in question (Paul Aladejare) joined Rovers in January 2023, so has had to operate when Venkys had the taps turned off.  Off the top of my head, Tijon was brought in from Rochdale last summer, Doherty this summer.  The failed move for Brierly (now at Brentford) was also in this time period.

I suppose if Rovers have no funds, to complete many of these deals, then his wage is another that can be cut, as he can identify all the talent he likes, and if no money is available for fees/wages, then it is an exercise in futility.

Edited by KentExile

16 hours ago, scotchrover said:

I renewed my season ticket, at the end very end of the first deadline, on a pay monthly basis. I did so because I wanted the option to change my mind, if Waggot’s (and the lot above’s) piss poor leadership of the club continued. 

I’ll be blunt- if we don’t spend some of that Wharton money within the 14 day cooling off period, I’ll be knocking it on the head.

I’m not paying my hard earned cash to watch us be run into ground by Waggot and the lot above. 

So we have until end of play Saturday to spend some of that cash, I wouldn't hold your breath!

3 minutes ago, MB Rover said:

They’re not adequate starters never mind their replacements. 

In this squad, I'd argue they are. This squad is awful, yet the optics don't look good for it being improved significantly. 

I'm basing my point on today not on how strong I believe we should be.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cesus said:

At what point do we get scared at the thought of letting Gallagher and Dolan go this summer, due to having no faith in getting adequate replacements?

*I'm not a million miles away!

7 minutes ago, MB Rover said:

They’re not adequate starters never mind their replacements. 

There will probably not be any replacements for them (even inadequate ones) if/when they are sold

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

Due to the collapse of the printed local press the LT is now hugely reliant for its survival on Rovers related clicks for online ad revenue.

So it needs club access and to keep it onside so is therefore in reality now the media arm of the club, which is nice for Swqg considering the club has scrapped the radio station and programme.

So don’t expect this club’s decent to be the subject of any objective/investigatory journalism.

• Like 1

Jay Haddow (former U21s player) doesn't seem too happy with how he was treated

https://www.scmp.com/sport/football/article/3269107/ex-blackburn-rovers-defender-ready-help-kitchee-return-top-hong-kong-pile

“Any time I asked about my plan, I received no clear answers,” Haddow said. “If I tried to look for a loan move, Blackburn provided no support. I played more than 60 matches in Premier League under-21 competitions, but my playing position was constantly changed.

“My coaches were fantastic, but some individuals were clearly hindering my development. I was relieved when I was allowed to leave at the end of my contract.”

• Like 9

23 hours ago, roverblue said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they needed the Whalstedt cash to pay some bills hence the quick sale. Expect more to come 

But it wasn't a quick sale. All of the reports suggest that it was agreed to weeks ago and that we've waited some time down to the player deciding and, most likely, so that it falls within a new financial reporting period. 

Lots of reasons to be critical of sales and how money is being used, but we don't have to go full conspiracy theory on everything. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Eddie said:

But it wasn't a quick sale. All of the reports suggest that it was agreed to weeks ago and that we've waited some time down to the player deciding and, most likely, so that it falls within a new financial reporting period. 

Lots of reasons to be critical of sales and how money is being used, but we don't have to go full conspiracy theory on everything. 

Bingo

4 hours ago, FE123 said:

John Park will bring his own people into his department, so I wouldn’t read too much into the Head of Emerging Talent leaving. What “emerging talents” have we recruited over the past few years to justify his role? The only decent players we have signed in recent years were established pro’s in the championship and one from the Eredivisie.

Money is clearly a massive issue despite Waggot’s cock and bull stories. A change of tact is required. Get the likes of Tim Krul, Liam Cooper, John Fleck (if fit) to be the spine of the team then perhaps loanees to play in the wide areas. A centre forward gamble from Europe and another if we get a decent offer for Gallagher.

I can’t see any significant cash buys, except maybe those similar to Wahlstedt and Telalovic towards the end of the window.

Reminds me of when we signed Danny Murphy etc. 

Wonder what kind of wages Krul is on.

29 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Reminds me of when we signed Danny Murphy etc. 

Wonder what kind of wages Krul is on.

I've heard circa £30K/week last season in the Prem, If that figure is vaguely correct then no doubt a relegation wage decrease will have by now taken that down to £15Kish/week.

Still sounds well out of Rovers budget unless he is desperate for game time and has no other options

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, KentExile said:

I've heard circa £30K/week last season in the Prem, If that figure is vaguely correct then no doubt a relegation wage decrease will have by now taken that down to £15Kish/week.

Still sounds well out of Rovers budget unless he is desperate for game time and has no other options

Leo = 800k plus c5k a week back in the coffers so a 12 month contract for Krull....... ?