BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Leo = 800k plus c5k a week back in the coffers so a 12 month contract for Krull....... ?

I'm guessing we will have to pay some sort of fee for him as well?

Edited by MarkBRFC

Posted (edited)

Has McGuire signed yet?

Edit: Don't know if it's been mentioned, but Raya to ARSEnal on a permanent basis should give us some money. SHOULD at least. Fully expect us to only sign freebies, and fuck up the paper work for any potential transfers that involve any kind of fee.

Edited by rickard

16 minutes ago, JHRover said:

£26 million from Ash Phillips, Kaminski and Adam Wharton since this time last year should have given us some money, but already it seems that has been forgotten about. So I doubt another £4-5 million for Raya is going to make an ounce of difference.

Whether we bring in £1 million, £10 million or another £20 million this summer I suspect the budget for fees is the same - very little - and on the wages front at the very most we can replace like for like so outgoings first then incomings to fill the void.

Awful isn’t it. That money for a normal club would be fuel for a good strong tilt at promotion. For us it keeps us going for an undefined amount of time at best. When will it end??

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I'm guessing we will have to pay some sort of fee for him as well?

I was thinking he was out of or would be released from his contract and we'd take it over, Waggot is good at that. It's probably the easiest form of transfer deal to do for an old player who just wants to play if his present club wants him off the books.

I think Luton had him as experienced Prem back up for TK but will probably look for a younger one now whilst back in the champ.

3 hours ago, cesus said:

At what point do we get scared at the thought of letting Gallagher and Dolan go this summer, due to having no faith in getting adequate replacements?

*I'm not a million miles away!

I’m already there

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

Awful isn’t it. That money for a normal club would be fuel for a good strong tilt at promotion. For us it keeps us going for an undefined amount of time at best. When will it end??

Its sickening! If we were following the Brentford model they have banged on about previously, we would be putting together a 10m Toney-style purchase after getting in 40m for Watkins.

We're a million miles from that though, and just run from top to bottom by absolute con men.

Obviously we can all see it here, I wonder what is the vibe on Twitter and the Facebook groups these days, are any of them on that beginning to get itchy feet about all this. At least enough that there could be some concentrated effort to make Waggott and Suhail uncomfortable.

• Like 7

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, DanielMB said:

KSDH! 

As a fellow AGF fan I am also sceptic but I have come to the conclusion that he will come good and be great for AGF

Still optimistic? We lost 4-0 in his debut match, he let in 4 goals in 30 min. 😲

Horror debute for new AGF player:

https://www.tipsbladet.dk/nyhed/superliga/skraekdebut-ny-agfer-mod-fc-midtjylland

Edited by Danishfan
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Irish_Rover said:

Its sickening! If we were following the Brentford model they have banged on about previously, we would be putting together a 10m Toney-style purchase after getting in 40m for Watkins.

We're a million miles from that though, and just run from top to bottom by absolute con men.

Obviously we can all see it here, I wonder what is the vibe on Twitter and the Facebook groups these days, are any of them on that beginning to get itchy feet about all this. At least enough that there could be some concentrated effort to make Waggott and Suhail uncomfortable.

It's the Barnsley model Waggot had in mind.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Danishfan said:

Still optimistic? We lost 4-0 in his debut match, he let in 4 goals in 30 min. 😲

https://www.tipsbladet.dk/nyhed/superliga/skraekdebut-ny-agfer-mod-fc-midtjylland

For those of us who dont speak Danish

Terrible debut for new AGF against FC Midtjylland

AGF's new goalkeeper, Leopold Wahlstedt, made his unofficial debut in a test match against FC Midtjylland, and four times he had to retrieve the ball from his goal.

AGF presented a new goalkeeper in Leopold Wahlstedt from Blackburn Rovers on Wednesday, and already on Thursday he was thrown into action for the Århusians in a test match of two times 60 minutes against FC Midtjylland.

Without the great success of course.

The first 60 minutes of the match was Jesper Hansen, and the first hour came and went without scores. But for the remaining 60 minutes, Leopold Wahlstedt had to guard the cage for AGF, and he had to retrieve the ball from his goal four times.

FC Midtjylland opened the scoring after 68 minutes, and here the Swedish goalkeeper did not look too good. He couldn't control a long shot from Edward Chilufya, and then the rebound ended up at the feet of Alhaji Kamara, who was able to poke the ball into the goal.

Right after, FC Midtjylland came close to doubling the lead via an own goal from Aarhus, but this time Wahlstedt was on the mark.

A minute later, however, the lead was doubled. Mads Nybo tapped in from an acute angle, where Wahlstedt got a hand on the ball, but could not keep it out of the goal.

In the 86th minute it was crazy again. Aral Simsir broke through on the left side of the mid-judges and sent the ball over, where Wahlstedt got his hands on it. Unfortunately for him, the rebound ended up in the small area where Alhaji Kamara could score his second goal of the match.

The last goal of the match was scored after 88 minutes, when a cross from Central Jutland was sent into the box. Here Edward Chilufya was quite free and could easily head the ball past Wahlstedt in the goal.

A terrible debut for Wahlstedt, who conceded four goals, but was not helped to that extent by his defense, which primarily consisted of new or young players in the second half of the match.  

Then the Mid-Jutland fans could sing, and no more were scored before the 120-minute long test match was blown. Among other things, AGF can thank the aforementioned Wahlstedt for that, because he also made some good saves while the Aarhusian defense had problems. 

Below you can see how the two teams started the 1st and 2nd half respectively*:
FC Midtjylland in the 1st half:
 Elias Olafsson - Joel Andersson, Ousmane Diao, Juninho, Victor Bak - Charles, André Rømer, Denil Castillo, Mikel Gogorza - Ola Brynhildsen, Franculino Djú

FC Midtjylland in the 2nd half: Jonas Lössl - Adam Gabriel, Lee Han-beom, Mads Bech, Mads Nybo - Valdemar Byskov, Oliver Sørensen, Andreas Nibe, Aral Simsir - Edward Chilufya, Alhaji Kamara

AGF in the 1st half: Jesper Hansen - Jonas Jensen-Abbew, Frederik Tingager, Eric Kahl - Jacob Andersen, Frederik Brandhof, Nicolai Poulsen, Mads Emil Madsen, Gift Links - Patrick Mortensen, Sigurd Haugen

AGF in the 2nd half: Leopold Wahlstedt - Aksel Halsgaard, Henrik Dalsgaard, Mikkel Kannegaard Kristensen - Jacob Andersen, Frederik Brandhof, Luka Callø, Mikael Anderson, Tobias Bach - Patrick Mortensen, Sigurd Haugen

*Several were replaced along the way, especially in the second half. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Danishfan said:

Yep. 4-0 defeat. Leo only played half the game and at fault for 3 of them.

The first three goals are at:-

1hr 31

1hr 33:40

1hr 50

Pears is bad but I don't get those who don't see this guy as worse.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Yep. 4-0 defeat. Leo only played half the game and at fault for 3 of them.

The first three goals are at:-

1hr 31

1hr 33:40

1hr 50

Pears is bad but I don't get those who don't see this guy as worse.

So often the ball just seems to go right through Wahlstedt into the net. Abysmal rebound control as well. 

Pears is very poor as well though. Saying someone is better than Pears is not much of a compliment.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tomphil said:

It'll be one out one in as per so with Leo gone i'd expect an incoming soon although it won't be for 800k !

I suspect this is correct, With links to Ruddy and Krul as a result of the club knowing there was money coming in from Wahlstedt.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rickard said:

Has McGuire signed yet?

Edit: Don't know if it's been mentioned, but Raya to ARSEnal on a permanent basis should give us some money. SHOULD at least. Fully expect us to only sign freebies, and fuck up the paper work for any potential transfers that involve any kind of fee.

I noticed McGuire didn't even make the USA squad for the copa america