BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

30 minutes ago, FE123 said:

I still wouldn’t be surprised by a cheap McGuire deal in the coming weeks. He’s turned down another contract at Orlando, they’ll be concerned about losing him for nothing.

Would also be an “I told you so” moment for Waggott who would claim to the press and owners that he’s cleared up a mess caused by others in January who have now been removed from the club.

I would sign Hardie from Plymouth and free agent Campbell or Joe Taylor from Luton. Sell Gallagher and Telalovic 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I would sign Hardie from Plymouth and free agent Campbell or Joe Taylor from Luton. Sell Gallagher and Telalovic 

With what money would you sign Hardie.

Plymouth would be looking for at the very least 2 or 3 million for Hardie .We won't be paying that for a player 

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Don't forget to add the fees for Ennis and Whalstedt.

Only Telalovic to sell now and we will have sold the 3 cash signings we made last summer

Sorry ennis was a free

Wasn't the Telalovic fee just the cobbled together loose change from underneath Broughtons and JDTs sofas?

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Eddie said:

But it wasn't a quick sale. All of the reports suggest that it was agreed to weeks ago and that we've waited some time down to the player deciding and, most likely, so that it falls within a new financial reporting period. 

Lots of reasons to be critical of sales and how money is being used, but we don't have to go full conspiracy theory on everything. 

I don't think its conspiratorial to suggest a club whose owners haven't sent a penny to the club for 8 months (that loses £20m per year) might need to sell players in order to pay bills. Its a fact.

The timing is more likely down to external factors rather than Rovers wishes.

10 minutes ago, islander200 said:

With what money would you sign Hardie.

Plymouth would be looking for at the very least 2 or 3 million for Hardie .We won't be paying that for a player 

Who knows what money we got. No one knows for sure. I did say sell Gallagher and Telalovic in my post.

5 minutes ago, islander200 said:

At least one positive is we have got a fee for Ennis and Whalstedt and recouped our outlay 

In the Mowbray era  those players would have been kept on the books and loaned out with us paying most their wages due to the daft contracts we would have given them 

And then when injured they would be given an extension (Gladwin)

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Surely if it was a simple case of Hyam becoming available last minute, then we wouldnt have offered him 1 year, the offer would have just been withdrawn totally.

Its another example of us treating a player shoddily yet even now, people still give the benefit of the doubt and assume it was a reasonable strategic decision made in good faith.

We signed Hyam around that time. Hyam came quickly available cos Coventry needed money. 

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

So what do you think of the previous assumption that a suggestion of funds being available suggests that the club had authorised and confirmed such news? Do you still expect a decent budget or has this changed?

We see at the end of the window

24 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Also didn't JDT say he wanted another centre back in that window?They would have signed both Caulker and Hyam if the owners had signed off on a 2 year deal 

We sign Mola and Hyam. We wanted the Liverpool defender Van Der Berg but he went to Germany on loan. 

16 minutes ago, MB Rover said:

With the additional £5million of Raya money; that brings the transfer warchest to £30million right? Guys???

Since last summer...

Phillips - £2m
Kaminski - £2.5m
Ennis - £0.5m
A. Wharton - £18m
Raya - £5m
Wahlstedt - £1m

£29m from selling assets right there...

We're also likely to get another £8m-£12m for Szmodics, plus it's very possible that we'll sell the likes of Gallagher, Travis and Dolan too.

There is absolutely no excuse for them to not spend a decent £10m-£15m or so on players... but they don't care, they still won't spend a penny.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

My only hope is that Jackson hasn’t got a clue whether it’s a ‘tight budget’ or not. 

Tbf he probably doesn't. A few weeks ago he was calling it a competitive budget or something like that. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Since last summer...

Phillips - £2m
Kaminski - £2.5m
Ennis - £0.5m
A. Wharton - £18m
Raya - £5m
Wahlstedt - £1m

We're also likely to get another £8m-£12m for Szmodics, plus it's very possible that we'll sell the likes of Gallagher, Travis and Dolan too.

There is absolutely no excuse for them to not spend a decent £10m-£15m or so on players... but they don't care, they still won't spend a penny.

Let's keep these figures firmly in our thoughts, as there is no excuse, other than the issues with the court hearing, that we have been told, isn't really an issue.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Tbf he probably doesn't. A few weeks ago he was calling it a competitive budget or something like that. 

He was the same with Ruddy. He seems to get told stuff by his sources that turn out to be inaccurate, and then he tends to backtrack. 

on the  ‘tight budget’  it was just one line in the LT. he backed it up on twitter by saying that was the impression he got from the people he’d spoken to. He didn’t say who those people were. 

He might well be right but it all seemed very vague, and I’m surprised he put it in the LT without any evidence or quotes. 

32 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

He was the same with Ruddy. He seems to get told stuff by his sources that turn out to be inaccurate, and then he tends to backtrack. 

on the  ‘tight budget’  it was just one line in the LT. he backed it up on twitter by saying that was the impression he got from the people he’d spoken to. He didn’t say who those people were. 

He might well be right but it all seemed very vague, and I’m surprised he put it in the LT without any evidence or quotes. 

I could be wrong, but wonder if he is told what to report on and say at times.

There was once an accidental quote left in one of his articles, which said please remove. It was thought that came from the club, hence thinking what i have here. 

40 minutes ago, KentExile said:

I seem to have a blind spot in my memory when it comes to Fleck (its quite nice, others should try it too, at least one painful memory erased)

Sadly there's every chance it's the future as well as the past, so, hard to forget!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, lraC said:

I could be wrong, but wonder if he is told what to report on and say at times.

There was once an accidental quote left in one of his articles, which said please remove. It was thought that came from the club, hence thinking what i have here. 

Tbf that's more likely his editor's notes. The editing at the LT is even worse than the journalism so no surprise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheRevAshton said:

Since last summer...

Phillips - £2m
Kaminski - £2.5m
Ennis - £0.5m
A. Wharton - £18m
Raya - £5m
Wahlstedt - £1m

The absolute state of this club, the people running it should hang their heads in shame. 

How can you bring in such vast amounts and still be able to spend nothing?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Inferi said:

Nevermind. I guess it's sensible to just close your eyes and appreciate the honourable owners who makes sure the bills are paid.

Nobody said that. I just don’t know what being divisive achieves. Is it not better to make the argument against the owners, rather than condescend to people who still don’t get it? 

Im enthusiastic about Rovers and always will be. I also despise the contempt in which the people who own and run our club hold the fanbase. 

55 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

The absolute state of this club, the people running it should hang their heads in shame. 

How can you bring in such vast amounts and still be able to spend nothing?

All depends on the current situation is in India with the owners and whether that money has to fund Rovers for the full season or 2 seasons. All knows.