BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

59 minutes ago, rigger said:

I believe if we loose Szmodic our squad will be weaker, but if he does leave I still believe that his position can be covered with players we already have. I do not see the coming season as all doom and gloom. I may be wrong, but I live in hope.

IMG_0521.thumb.png.6c45340aafebfc06674c67a85c2f7b8b.png

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

ever heard the old adage,never argue with an idiot,they bring you down to their level

No, but I won't.

Edited by rigger

26 minutes ago, London blue said:

I'm curious, where would the goals come from, in your opinion?

Edit: Has been asked a few times already

And still the answer is, I don't know.  But I did not know last season ,or the season before, or the season before that. If I had to take a guess I would say Sigurdsson or Markanday. 

23 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Are you related to Chaddy? Similar level of delusion

Lets wait and see, bye the way I have Chaddy on ignore. That is because his posts iritate me

7 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

IMG_0521.thumb.png.6c45340aafebfc06674c67a85c2f7b8b.png

Just for a bit of extra context, Szmodics scored just under 40% of our goals last season.  There just isn’t a logical argument to suggest any single player in our squad could replace his goals. In fact, the top 8 scorers after Szmod (I’ve taken out Moran as he is gone) would all have to double their tallies for the season simply to make up the difference.

You can’t possibly believe that is even remotely realistic. 

Posted (edited)

I think the point is, we were having this discussion last summer when Diaz and Dack left. Who had scored around 30 between them the season before.

Nobody expected Szmodics to step up with over 30 goals, anyone saying as much would have rightly been shut down as unrealistic.

You just never know that someone might just step again, I personally think it's unlikely and our run of goalscorers will come to an end, but you just never know.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 6

10 minutes ago, rigger said:

And still the answer is, I don't know.  But I did not know last season ,or the season before, or the season before that. If I had to take a guess I would say Sigurdsson or Markanday. 

Markanday only made 6 appearances (at least 5 as a sub) in Eustace’s 17 games in charge, and scored 1 league goal all season. Would have to be some turnaround for him to become anything like a reliable goal scorer for us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

Markanday only made 6 appearances (at least 5 as a sub) in Eustace’s 17 games in charge, and scored 1 league goal all season. Would have to be some turnaround for him to become anything like a reliable goal scorer for us.

Being played in the correct position might just help.

6 minutes ago, rigger said:

Being played in the correct position might just help.

God help us if anyone at Rovers thinks the answer to our problems is to simply play Dilan Markanday in the ‘correct’ position. 

What even is his correct position? 

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

God help us if anyone at Rovers thinks the answer to our problems is to simply play Dilan Markanday in the ‘correct’ position. 

What even is his correct position? 

Central attacking midfield, or if you like, the position Szmodics plays. Markanday will also be behind Sigurdsson for that position. But just to clarify, it would help if players were played in their best positions.

Edited by rigger

3 minutes ago, rigger said:

Central attacking midfield, or if you like, the position Szmodics plays. Markanday will also be behind Sigurdsson for that position.

If Markanday is the replacement for Sammie we really are fucked. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

off topic i know but there is a shocking lack of food discussion on here compared to last year🙂

All this talk of venkys has made us lose our appetites.

Maybe we'll get back to the food discussion when we're not talking about something that resembles the sludge you'd find in the bottom of a septic tank.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Szmodics is most likely leaving so we really need to sign two strikers who can score at least 15 goals each as we won’t be able to afford one who can score 30.

Whatever Dolan, Gallagher, Leonard and Sigurdsson chip in with will be a bonus. 

Edited by Uddersfelt Blue
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Szmodics is most likely leaving so we really need don’t sign two strikers who can score at least 15 goals each as we won’t be able to afford one who can score 30.

Whatever Dolan, Gallagher, Leaonard and Sigurdsson chip in with will be a bonus. 

It will probably be the difference as to our finishing position in the league. A solid defence is the best position to start with.

Edited by rigger

1 hour ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Szmodics is most likely leaving so we really need to sign two strikers who can score at least 15 goals each as we won’t be able to afford one who can score 30.

Whatever Dolan, Gallagher, Leonard and Sigurdsson chip in with will be a bonus. 

Given that we won't be signing the two strikers necessary then we're absolutely fucked.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, davulsukur said:

The absolute state of this club, the people running it should hang their heads in shame. 

How can you bring in such vast amounts and still be able to spend nothing?

13 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

All depends on the current situation is in India with the owners and whether that money has to fund Rovers for the full season or 2 seasons. All knows. 

Sums up the point perfectly how they can recoup so much & spend so little is scandalous! 😡 Yes I agree Chaddy we don't know the situation in India but it's very simple if the Indian Govt are refusing to let them invest they should do the right thing admit they're the worst owners in our history & just sell up and leave to someone who has a modicum of common sense on how to run a football club the longer they continue to be stubborn the worse they make this!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Brfcrule1 said:

Yes I agree Chaddy we don't know the situation in India but it's very simple if the Indian Govt are refusing to let them invest they should do the right thing admit they're the worst owners in our history & just sell up

I agree. We would all like new ownership of Blackburn Rovers