BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

48 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

The fans aren’t the bad guys. It’s a credit to the fan base that 9k still keep buying STs after 14 years of bullshit. 

Yes but according to some fruitloops the fans are the problem because 19k aren't buying season tickets !

16 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I know thuis should go elsewhere, but.........I see Dakota Biotech is sponsoring Rovers' women, and I spotted a line on FB saying the CEO, a Rovers' fan is interested in buying the club.

I read the company biography and I actually know the guy who seems to be the owner. He is originally from Darwen and lived close by to me when we were young and used to travel on the old Ribblesdale coaches with a lot of other Darreners. I can vouch for fact his love of Rovers is sincere. I actually worked at ICI with him where he was an Instruments Engineer but from memory he emigrated to America in the late 70's and has clearly been successful. I don't know the size of Dakota Biotech and hadn't seen anything about the interest in buying Rovers.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/july/06/rovers-appoint-adam-owen/

Just been announced,... another head of...

“You just have to look at Adam Wharton as a real success story and I think the key point is ‘who’s the next one?’ Lots of clubs are becoming a bit more sustainable from that point of view and I think the way this club wants to go, in terms of developing their own and seeing them progress, that’s one of the reasons why I’ve joined the club.”

So there we have it, lets get those young players developed and sold off asap!

Edited by KentExile

12 minutes ago, KentExile said:

“You just have to look at Adam Wharton as a real success story and I think the key point is ‘who’s the next one?’ Lots of clubs are becoming a bit more sustainable from that point of view and I think the way this club wants to go, in terms of developing their own and seeing them progress, that’s one of the reasons why I’ve joined the club.”

Well there it is. It’s a choice to go down the development route. Owen is obviously a lot more on board with that than GB was.

I think GB gave the game away when he did that interview about how he’d made the board aware of how he thought the Wharton money should spent. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Forever Blue said:

The fans aren’t the bad guys. It’s a credit to the fan base that 9k still keep buying STs after 14 years of bullshit. 

I don't disagree.

However, IMO, our owners/exec management might just think they can continue to p1ss all over the fans and they'll just keep coming back for more!

Just now, Gamst said:

There’s an awful lot of ‘Head of’ appointments and no actual signings. Me thinks we are rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic. 

Wait for the next one,

"Head of mismanagement and managed decline"

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I know thuis should go elsewhere, but.........I see Dakota Biotech is sponsoring Rovers' women, and I spotted a line on FB saying the CEO, a Rovers' fan is interested in buying the club.

There is a bit of noise (and not on social media) that 2 or 3 Americans, of which he may well be one, are looking at and monitoring Rovers' situation.  I have no other detail but there is certainly something out there.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

There is a bit of noise that 2 or 3 Americans, of which he may well be one, are looking at and monitoring Rovers' situation.  I have no other detail but there is certainly something out there.

🙏

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I read the company biography and I actually know the guy who seems to be the owner. He is originally from Darwen and lived close by to me when we were young and used to travel on the old Ribblesdale coaches with a lot of other Darreners. I can vouch for fact his love of Rovers is sincere. I actually worked at ICI with him where he was an Instruments Engineer but from memory he emigrated to America in the late 70's and has clearly been successful. I don't know the size of Dakota Biotech and hadn't seen anything about the interest in buying Rovers.

We live in hope. 

12 minutes ago, Mercer said:

There is a bit of noise (and not on social media) that 2 or 3 Americans, of which he may well be one, are looking at and monitoring Rovers' situation.  I have no other detail but there is certainly something out there.

If I were a Rovers fan with deep enough pockets to sustain a period (4 years or so) of losses, on top of a lot of infrastructural/organisational capex, I’d be keeping my powder dry to the point of the club being in administration.

Why give the owners a penny back of their investment when they’ve completely mismanaged it into that position? Why let them slip a non-disclosure/non-disparagement clause in there? You pick it up for buttons and use any cash earmarked for the sale itself investing in the club, while hopefully exposing/leaking exactly how mismanaged it was for all that time, instantly earning goodwill/buy-in from the fans.

FWIW, if I were of the profile above, I’d also quietly make my way into the club via sponsorship, ingratiate myself to the executives and start to grease the wheels for a smoother eventual process.

No idea how deep their pockets are, but in this day and age you’d be raising finance for a deal, anyway, from LPs or institutions. Even still, their brand footprint is basically non-existent, by the looks of it, in an already niche market (you’re looking at glorified TikTok shop people in this space) so unless they’re doing white label for much bigger or a lot of other brands, I don’t see where the capital is coming from, excepting borrowing/venture/PE

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

A shame the 8,500 who bought ST's didn't realise this before parting with their brass!

People buying ST's or home shirts aren't the problem

53 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Well another one Nicko gets right 

35 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Well there it is. It’s a choice to go down the development route. Owen is obviously a lot more on board with that than GB was.

I think GB gave the game away when he did that interview about how he’d made the board aware of how he thought the Wharton money should spent. 

You can still develop good young players whilst signing good solid players. 

We shouldn't just rely on youngsters. 

We should be buying good young players like Tyjon or O'Riordan then develop them then signing gold solid experience players

22 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Problem is we need a willing seller first.

I'm sure if we were available for sale we would domestic and international interest in buying the club.