BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You can still develop good young players whilst signing good solid players. 

We shouldn't just rely on youngsters. 

We should be buying good young players like Tyjon or O'Riordan then develop them then signing gold solid experience players

Of course we should, quality experienced signings should complement the quality players we have coming through the Academy. The question this summer, like last summer, is will they?

Jackson talking about a tight budget, Nixon on the other hand  saying ‘scare stories’ being put about re the budget and that there is money to spend. We’ll see who’s right come the end of the window. 

Edited by Forever Blue
  • Like 1

Maybe we are approaching this wrong, culturally with the club.  Has anyone emailed to suggest we appoint a few 'Head of Scoring Goals' or a 'Head of Beating his man and running the line' - we might see some traction then 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, KentExile said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/july/06/rovers-appoint-adam-owen/

Just been announced,... another head of...

“You just have to look at Adam Wharton as a real success story and I think the key point is ‘who’s the next one?’ Lots of clubs are becoming a bit more sustainable from that point of view and I think the way this club wants to go, in terms of developing their own and seeing them progress, that’s one of the reasons why I’ve joined the club.”

So there we have it, lets get those young players developed and sold off asap!

More "Heads of" than first team players but sure, whatever.

Isn't this the guy who's rarely in a job for longer than 12 months? 

We'll be announcing his departure this time next year.

1 minute ago, davulsukur said:

More "Heads of" than first team players but sure, whatever.

Isn't this the guy who's rarely in a job for longer than 12 months? 

We'll be announcing his departure this time next year.

2003–2006 Celtic (Performance)
2006–2007 Sheffield Wednesday (Assistant)
2007–2013 Rangers (Performance Director)
2008–2018 Wales (Assistant)
2013–2014 Sheffield Utd (Assistant)
2014–2017 Servette FC (Assistant)
2017–2018 Lechia Gdańsk (Head Coach)
2018–2019 Hebei China Fortune F.C. (Performance Director)
2019-2021 Seattle Sounders FC (Performance Director)
2022–2023 Hibernian (Assistant)
2021–2024 Lech Poznań (Technical Advisor)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Owen

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Definitely doesn't hang about for long!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Did Lech Poznan know he was moonlighting at Hibs??

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

I’ve heard we won’t be making any signings until the Euro’s are over as some of the players we are looking at are still involved! 

Cue Chaddy and the Danny Olmo and Alvaro Morata link

• Like 2

13 hours ago, rigger said:

Central attacking midfield, or if you like, the position Szmodics plays. Markanday will also be behind Sigurdsson for that position. But just to clarify, it would help if players were played in their best positions.

That frightens the living daylights out of me...league 1 bound.

2 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

One player that i noticed was in the Germany squad that we did seriously fked up on missing out on due to our boards fk uppery is Deniz Undev

Tbf that one didn't seem to be the board's fault, the player just decided to stay and fight for his place at Brighton.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bethnal said:

If I were a Rovers fan with deep enough pockets to sustain a period (4 years or so) of losses, on top of a lot of infrastructural/organisational capex, I’d be keeping my powder dry to the point of the club being in administration.

Why give the owners a penny back of their investment when they’ve completely mismanaged it into that position? Why let them slip a non-disclosure/non-disparagement clause in there? You pick it up for buttons and use any cash earmarked for the sale itself investing in the club, while hopefully exposing/leaking exactly how mismanaged it was for all that time, instantly earning goodwill/buy-in from the fans.

FWIW, if I were of the profile above, I’d also quietly make my way into the club via sponsorship, ingratiate myself to the executives and start to grease the wheels for a smoother eventual process.

No idea how deep their pockets are, but in this day and age you’d be raising finance for a deal, anyway, from LPs or institutions. Even still, their brand footprint is basically non-existent, by the looks of it, in an already niche market (you’re looking at glorified TikTok shop people in this space) so unless they’re doing white label for much bigger or a lot of other brands, I don’t see where the capital is coming from, excepting borrowing/venture/PE

You'd have to be absolutely minted to buy a football club.

Your accountants would be doing everything they could to advise you against it. 

11 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Tbf that one didn't seem to be the board's fault, the player just decided to stay and fight for his place at Brighton.

arrived for talks but then decided to leg it back down the m6,probably after discusions with broughton and swag,undev and o`brien would have seen us into the play offs easily,no wonder jdt got ****** off,ambition not welcome at ewood

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Or they'd be saying it's a grand idea if you wanted to 'lose' millions in profit through the books and advertise your brand. All whilst giving younger family members something to play with and keep them occupied and away from the daily company stuff.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KentExile said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/july/06/rovers-appoint-adam-owen/

Just been announced,... another head of...

“You just have to look at Adam Wharton as a real success story and I think the key point is ‘who’s the next one?’ Lots of clubs are becoming a bit more sustainable from that point of view and I think the way this club wants to go, in terms of developing their own and seeing them progress, that’s one of the reasons why I’ve joined the club.”

So there we have it, lets get those young players developed and sold off asap!

But we are letting hem go for nothing or letting them get poached by the bigger clubs for next to nothing after nurturing them from the age of 8.

How is that going to change because from where i'm looking at it it's now the trend and business model of the massive wealthy clubs and their agent friends.

Only way to sustain and prosper a club like this is aim for and put everything into getting to the Prem, even if it's just to be a yoyo club.

Anything else is pointless.

6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Or they'd be saying it's a grand idea if you wanted to 'lose' millions in profit through the books and advertise your brand. All whilst giving younger family members something to play with and keep them occupied and away from the daily company stuff.

Dakota Biotech doesn't look anywhere near big enough to do that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I mean, read the post again, I’m pointing out that it needs a Rovers fan with deep pockets to be comfortable spending as much of their own money as this club would need.

At the end, I mention venture/PE investors. If they thought there’s enough in it to potentially turn a profit on a subsequent sale/exit, they’ll take a look at it. If venture/PE think they can spend £200m on something and eventually achieve a £2bn sale, they’ll very strongly consider it and you could make a case that football is on a constant upward trajectory to the point that this becomes a no-brainer (I don’t personally believe that). Brighton is probably (according to Forbes) worth £500m, Crystal Palace £650m and West Ham £800m. All currently having a much better existence but a big part of the difference is our owners and their stewardship of the club has been orders of magnitude worse than those clubs’.

The probability of their management being beneficial enough as to achieve that exit is not as important a driver as you’d think in their considerations, they have capital from LPs that they have to deploy and they all believe they are excellent at their jobs.

I don’t believe any of the above is likely to happen any time soon, but it’s worth saying that the world of finance at that level has a sufficiently batshit baseline risk tolerance to do it, so there are a lot of accountants out there who wouldn’t be doing much at all to advise you against it.

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

There is a bit of noise (and not on social media) that 2 or 3 Americans, of which he may well be one, are looking at and monitoring Rovers' situation.  I have no other detail but there is certainly something out there.

Interesting.

Reckon Venkys will sell?