BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Langstaff from Notts County apparently signing for Millwall for less than £750K.

If we had any finances at all, that is a punt I would have liked to see

I would have taken a punt on him last season. 

I think we need a striker who has played at Championship and proven on this level.

Edited by chaddyrovers

5 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

That's behind closed doors at Tranmere on Tuesday, so good luck with that!! 🤞

Saturday according to Rovers site, not Tuesday

Macclesfield have announced a game v Rovers, but think that will be our U21s

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would have taken a punt on him last season. 

I think we need a striker who has played at Championship and proven on this level.

I would be amazed if Rovers spend the amount of money that it would take to get someone of that description through the door.

The closest Rovers have come to a proven at this level signing in recent years was Hyam.  Szmodics and Brittain had just been relegated when Rovers signed them, so hardly proven at this level,  Tronstad had never played at this level 

Even if you look at our better loan signings in recent years, they were not proven at this level before signing for us.  Players like Tosin, Van Hecke, Elliott etc turned out to be very good at this level, but they were far from proven when Rovers signed them, and to expect "proven" players through the door is setting yourself up for disappointment.

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Saturday according to Rovers site, not Tuesday

Macclesfield have announced a game v Rovers, but think that will be our U21s

I think the point was that it is behind closed doors, so not much good for a whip-round.

2 hours ago, martonrover said:

Welcome to Phase Two of this Summer’s Transfer Window.

We are now in the realisation (for those who are slow learners) and mild panic phase.

I’ve spent the last few years in the ‘I’ll believe it when I see it’ phase. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

What’s the difference between last season and this?

His movement was improve and when he comes short and runs in behind. He should have scored yesterday

58 minutes ago, KentExile said:

I would be amazed if Rovers spend the amount of money that it would take to get someone of that description through the door.

The closest Rovers have come to a proven at this level signing in recent years was Hyam.  Szmodics and Brittain had just been relegated when Rovers signed them, so hardly proven at this level,  Tronstad had never played at this level 

Even if you look at our better loan signings in recent years, they were not proven at this level before signing for us.  Players like Tosin, Van Hecke, Elliott etc turned out to be very good at this level, but they were far from proven when Rovers signed them, and to expect "proven" players through the door is setting yourself up for disappointment.

You would need around £3m to bring in a quality striker like Hardie or Thomas-Asante for example. I think Connolly or Campbell would be good signing and gives us option. Its seem Eustace wants his number 9 striker staying central and not running down the channels. 

Yes they were good loan signings but none where striker. I championed Jay Stansfield from Fulham on loan all last summer who had a good season at Birmingham and would have good loan signing. 

55 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I think we all want and recognise the need for an experienced goalkeeper after what we witnessed last season.

But what we might want and what these awful owners and executives allow us to have are totally different 

Eustace can say until he's blue in the face that he wants a proven goalkeeper. JDT repeatedly said he wanted an experienced CB. Didn't get it 

The owners and executives don't care what we or the coaching staff want

They'll get what suits the owners on cost and timescales. And that in the vast majority of cases means the proven players look elsewhere.

Yes we all agree we need an experience keeper as number 1. 

I think the difference between now and then was Waggott picked Eustace to come in to replace JDT and Waggott has brought in 3 backroom staff in key off the field roles. 

9 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Not you, Chadders, you’d still be optimistic if your back-up parachute failed 😉

Abit unfair that, Most clubs haven't made loads of signings but I think we need to make the right signings and I don't think we did last summer in terms of strikers signings looking back

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Abit unfair that, Most clubs haven't made loads of signings but I think we need to make the right signings and I don't think we did last summer in terms of strikers signings looking back

I thought you would be happy with that description 🙂

I think this is where Eustace finds out how deceitful the people he is working for are.

We will doubtless miss out on targets as we agree one set of terms with a player, then offer a downgraded version, resulting in the player moving elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, martonrover said:

I thought you would be happy with that description 🙂

I think this is where Eustace finds out how deceitful the people he is working for are.

We will doubtless miss out on targets as we agree one set of terms with a player, then offer a downgraded version, resulting in the player moving elsewhere.

Eustace would have known all about what's gone on here previously but he is still here. Given the problems he worked under at Birmingham which was worse than here

Every club misses out on targets but us fans don't hear about them

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Eustace would have known all about what's gone on here previously but he is still here. Given the problems he worked under at Birmingham which was worse than here

Every club misses out on targets but us fans don't hear about them

No he wouldn’t. He might have had a vague idea about what’s gone on here previously.

Eustace has come in as outsider, and it’s not just about lack of finances, it’s about disgusting, vile, untrustworthy people who can lie without a care in the World.

Eustace would not have known about that.

He will now.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, martonrover said:

No he wouldn’t. He might have had a vague idea about what’s gone on here previously.

Eustace has come in as outsider, and it’s not just about lack of finances, it’s about disgusting, vile, untrustworthy people who can lie without a care in the World.

Eustace would not have known about that.

He will now.

Of course he would. People talk in football whether its agents or other footballing people. 

Also look at his situation at Birmingham he was working in

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

His movement was improve and when he comes short and runs in behind. He should have scored yesterday

You would need around £3m to bring in a quality striker like Hardie or Thomas-Asante for example. I think Connolly or Campbell would be good signing and gives us option. Its seem Eustace wants his number 9 striker staying central and not running down the channels. 

Yes they were good loan signings but none where striker. I championed Jay Stansfield from Fulham on loan all last summer who had a good season at Birmingham and would have good loan signing. 

Yes we all agree we need an experience keeper as number 1. 

I think the difference between now and then was Waggott picked Eustace to come in to replace JDT and Waggott has brought in 3 backroom staff in key off the field roles. 

waggot now has control of recruitment it seems,the jdt experiment no doubt shook him up as he was faced with a formidable opponent

• Like 2

I think the worry is that the recruitment team are identifying targets and the money men are saying no. This is the situation JDT got pissed off with. I’d imagine if Eustace doesn’t get the wingers and GK he wants then he will be equally pissed off. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

The majority of his signings were poor, the successes were few and far between.

Szmodics, Brittain, Hyam and Tronstad were good signings. Hirst should have good signing here given what he has done post Rovers. Thomas didn't work out. Mola very poor, Morton decent/good loan signing. Sigurdsson decent enough, Ennis poor, Wahlstedt didn't work out, Telalovic punt didn't work out and feel for him tbh, Hill good loan signing, Moran good till December post Bristol City and never look the same. January 2024, Chrisene and Ayari were decent enough, Koumetio pointless, Fleck lasted 20 mins, McFadzean good, O'Riordan signed for the future. 

12 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

I think the worry is that the recruitment team are identifying targets and the money men are saying no. This is the situation JDT got pissed off with. I’d imagine if Eustace doesn’t get the wingers and GK he wants then he will be equally pissed off. 

Given what Eustace said post match yesterday 

"Hopefully (they can add soon). We know we need to add quality to the group.

"Everyone is working hard to do that. It's clear to the recruitment team what they have to work with.

"We have good people in the building to make things to get the right players that we need. We know we need to add quality to the group."

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Szmodics, Brittain, Hyam and Tronstad were good signings. Hirst should have good signing here given what he has done post Rovers. Thomas didn't work out. Mola very poor, Morton decent/good loan signing. Sigurdsson decent enough, Ennis poor, Wahlstedt didn't work out, Telalovic punt didn't work out and feel for him tbh, Hill good loan signing, Moran good till December post Bristol City and never look the same. January 2024, Chrisene and Ayari were decent enough, Koumetio pointless, Fleck lasted 20 mins, McFadzean good, O'Riordan signed for the future. 

Given what Eustace said post match yesterday 

"Hopefully (they can add soon). We know we need to add quality to the group.

"Everyone is working hard to do that. It's clear to the recruitment team what they have to work with.

"We have good people in the building to make things to get the right players that we need. We know we need to add quality to the group."

So the majority were poor, then.

• Like 1