BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

8 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Sticker books, pieces of paper, what will the social media team be working on for this summer? Players being fished out of the reject bin a la Raggy Dolls?

I reckon they'll go for the handcuffed players with hoods on being bundled out of car boots.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

broughton especially was poor,he was in over his ability imo,definately was`nt sorry to see him go

Definitely - if recent stories are true about an exit for Telalovic being negotiated then that will cement Broughton's reputation in the Hall of Shame as signing three strikers for Rovers who didn't register a single goal between them. 

Which is a record that is never likely to be bettered or worsened as it were.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Definitely - if recent stories are true about an exit for Telalovic being negotiated then that will cement Broughton's reputation in the Hall of Shame as signing three strikers for Rovers who didn't register a single goal between them. 

Which is a record that is never likely to be bettered or worsened as it were.

For a grand total of what, £200k?

• Like 5

5 hours ago, KentExile said:

Langstaff from Notts County apparently signing for Millwall for less than £750K.

If we had any finances at all, that is a punt I would have liked to see

I think he’ll be a good signing at that money. 

• Like 4

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

Bit of a dodgy list that.

szmodics and brittain both on it,only one i`ll give credit to the egg for is tronstadt,siggy flatters to deceive though i think he`d improve if they moved him into a central position,got a good first touch and is a good finisher

35 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

You forgot to add that Szmodics will be sold late in August, leaving us no time to bring in a replacement: "We tried to get deals over the line, but we ran out of time" - and of course no mention of the £30m+ they've banked.

Yep, I have no doubts that will happen and a section of the fans will accept it as well.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

conveniently got hold of the mowbrey regime list imo

According to Waggott who told a few fans In the comfort of his office.Isnt he a proven liar

Broughton said on a podcast (that can be listened too by anyone ) and again on his departure post that Szmodic and Hyam weren't on any lists and that Szmodic was identified by Ben Rosen.

Anyway Broughton wasn't head of recruitment his role wasn't to scout players 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, islander200 said:

According to Waggott who told a few fans In the comfort of his office.Isnt he a proven liar

Broughton said on a podcast (that can be listened too by anyone ) and again on his departure post that Szmodic and Hyam weren't on any lists and that Szmodic was identified by Ben Rosen.

Anyway Broughton wasn't head of recruitment his role wasn't to scout players 

im`e not sure what greggs role was,i think it involved a bit of everthing

Posted (edited)

Broughton's role was director of football. He was responsible for 6 footballing departments. 

Now that role has been split into 2 roles plus a new head of recruitment and scouting staff

Edited by chaddyrovers

IMO, our structure is a feckin joke.  I honestly don't know what all our 'Heads' do other than draw, no doubt, very decent salaries.

I assume the 'charismatic' Lowe is still in situ..  I think that guy must have the only key to the cupboard hiding all the skeletons!!!

Far too many heads and far, far too little quality and nous.

We are doomed, well and truly.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Mercer said:

IMO, our structure is a feckin joke.  I honestly don't know what all our 'Heads' do other than draw, no doubt, very decent salaries.

I assume the 'charismatic' Lowe is still in situ..  I think that guy must have the only key to the cupboard hiding all the skeletons!!!

We've a fighting chance Mercer and that's what makes football worldwide a great sport. Brings us all together as one team, if we win its great, get beat we move on. Was at Stanley game yesterday and pleased to see Travis back, Buckley showing he can lead and a manager who wants to prove a point. We need a proper structure at the top so lets see if they can produce because they have the team that has the backing of true support.

Edited by Cherry Blue
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Too many heads,  not enough brains 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Injuries etc

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/july/07/absentees-explained/

Apparently Leonard has had a setback in his recovery, will be out for a "few weeks", Gilsenan, Sigurdsson & Hedges sound like they will be back this week, 

Back injuries with younger players are very problematical and a recurrence is a bad sign. Would doubt he'll be playing this season. 

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Eustace wants an experience keeper and lets see if we get one. Plenty of options out there for us. 

Would you be happy if we sign Krul as our keeper signing this summer

I would prefer him to no-one coming in but it would be very underwhelming considering Darlow at Leeds Utd is younger & if possible we should try to get Darlow & Gelhardt on loan & if they impress try to get both permanent both would massively the team however with these clowns I wouldn't put it past them to penny pinch

5 hours ago, martonrover said:

I thought you would be happy with that description 🙂

I think this is where Eustace finds out how deceitful the people he is working for are.

We will doubtless miss out on targets as we agree one set of terms with a player, then offer a downgraded version, resulting in the player moving elsewhere.

He must know that after the LOB, EB & DM c***ups

5 hours ago, martonrover said:

No he wouldn’t. He might have had a vague idea about what’s gone on here previously.

Eustace has come in as outsider, and it’s not just about lack of finances, it’s about disgusting, vile, untrustworthy people who can lie without a care in the World.

Eustace would not have known about that.

He will now.

He'll just have a look at what's happened before & will know 

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

Yep, I have no doubts that will happen and a section of the fans will accept it as well.

Well I certainly won't unless money is spent to address the glaring weaknesses in the squad then there's no way I'll accept their excuses & I would encourage anyone to protest to get these people out my patience is now running very very thin & it will eventually break 

12 minutes ago, Brfcrule1 said:

I would prefer him to no-one coming in but it would be very underwhelming considering Darlow at Leeds Utd is younger & if possible we should try to get Darlow & Gelhardt on loan & if they impress try to get both permanent both would massively the team

Darlow has just signed there permanently after his loan there last season. Gelhardt no thanks

I don't mind Krul but I would go for Hladky and Campbell/Connolly on free transfers myself

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, alcd said:

Back injuries with younger players are very problematical and a recurrence is a bad sign. Would doubt he'll be playing this season. 

Those of us who are old enough will remember Martin Britt and Allan Gilliver and I think it's fair to say Rovers signed both strikers with back issues which curtailed their careers.  If my memory is correct, both were signed in the same season some 60 years ago.

I know medicine has moved forward but back issues can be very problematic.

Edited by Mercer