BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

2 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

I know we aren't a normal club so any sensible optimistic business is pointless, but Scott Banks from Palace has been released and wouldn't mind him here 

Weren’t we half linked with his last year? He went to st pauli didn’t he last year? 

Honestly that's a bit of a blow. Not that it was a strong contest, but a fit Leonard could have been our second highest scorer last season imo, and I'd hoped he'd be back to kick on. 

Let's hope Tygon is the real deal because let's be honest, I highly doubt we're going to invest in anyone decent.

3 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

I know we aren't a normal club so any sensible optimistic business is pointless, but Scott Banks from Palace has been released and wouldn't mind him here 

there are lots of free transfers who are good value out there,no one in the corridors of ewood seems interested though😰

5 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Weren’t we half linked with his last year? He went to st pauli didn’t he last year? 

8 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

Edit - he’s joined ST Pauli permanently it says.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Those of us who are old enough will remember Martin Britt and Allan Gilliver and I think it's fair to say Rovers signed both strikers with back issues which curtailed their careers.  If my memory is correct, both were signed in the same season some 60 years ago.

I know medicine has moved forward but back issues can be very problematic.

Britt came to Rovers with a serious knee problem. He was on his way to being a top class player until he did his knee. This was before medicals. Gilliver came with a back problem. It was a result of the Gilliver case that medicals were brought in by the Football League.  I believe he eventually had a disc fusion but he was never the same player I saw at Huddersfield as a young striker. I used to see the physio that treated Gilliver when I did my back.

Somebody once told me this about disc problems - “ You’ve Got A Friend For Life “ and he was right.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RTM08 said:

Honestly that's a bit of a blow. Not that it was a strong contest, but a fit Leonard could have been our second highest scorer last season imo, and I'd hoped he'd be back to kick on. 

Let's hope Tygon is the real deal because let's be honest, I highly doubt we're going to invest in anyone decent.

In the interview I seen with Tygon after his renewal he sounded confident over getting minutes this season.I really hope we ain't making promises to a 16 year old and go into the season with Gallagher,Tygon , Leonard or  Dolan to play as the 9

Even if we get lucky and the bids are too low for even us to accept and Szmodic stays he won't be getting 30 goals again 

14 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

I hear that Wharton lad at Palace is quite decent but unfortunately he’s not currently available 

• Like 4

Looks like Hull will be coming into money soon , £35 million by selling two players to the premier league .

Watch their owner put a good chunk of that back into the side while we take our begging bowls to premier league academy's after taking similar transfer income in in last 12 month , more if Szmodic goes 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Looks like Hull will be coming into money soon , £35 million by selling two players to the premier league .

Watch their owner put a good chunk of that back into the side while we take our begging bowls to premier league academy's after taking similar transfer income in in last 12 month , more if Szmodic goes 

What about all the FFP though?

That prevents any club other than a parachute club to spend a single penny on anything.

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Britt came to Rovers with a serious knee problem. He was on his way to being a top class player until he did his knee. This was before medicals. Gilliver came with a back problem. It was a result of the Gilliver case that medicals were brought in by the Football League.  I believe he eventually had a disc fusion but he was never the same player I saw at Huddersfield as a young striker. I used to see the physio that treated Gilliver when I did my back.

Somebody once told me this about disc problems - “ You’ve Got A Friend For Life “ and he was right.

Your memory is better than mine!  

Yes you are right, it was a knee problem with Britt I now recall and wasn't it done in training at West Ham in a 'clash' with one of the 'fab three'?

Edited by Mercer

13 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Your memory is better than mine!  

Yes you are right, it was a knee problem with Britt I now recall and wasn't it done in training at West Ham in a 'clash' with one of the 'fab three'?

There’s a photo on the internet of him in Blackburn town centre walking with a stick looking completely lost. I wonder how much support he got from the club back then. He never played another game after leaving Rovers. He’d mangled Tommy Smith in the Youth Cup Final when he got a hat trick for West Ham. What might have been ?

• Like 1

Agree with the point that Waggott needs to put his big boy pants on and front up to the media (well, the fans).

Tell us what is going on.
What we should expect in the transfer window; set some expectations.
Why all of the backroom changes, including Rudy's role.

It's the absolute basic level of leadership.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andy said:

Agree with the point that Waggott needs to put his big boy pants on and front up to the media (well, the fans).

Tell us what is going on.
What we should expect in the transfer window; set some expectations.
Why all of the backroom changes, including Rudy's role.

It's the absolute basic level of leadership.

Absolutely no point in him saying anything as it is more than likely just going to be lies.

The person who really needs to front up is the shadow man.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Absolutely no point in him saying anything as it is more than likely just going to be lies.

The person who really needs to front up is the shadow man.

He’s CEO. He gets paid to front up.

Jackson has said he’s asked for interview so lets hope Waggott is made to front up. Preferably by radio lancs  and not some cosy in-house bullshit. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Hhmmm how best to explain this....

Think of Steve as Pinocchio

Strings go up into the shadows

Think of Suhail as Geppetto

Yeah, we all know this. The point is he is paid to be accountable. By not making him accountable he gets an easy ride. And he’s had a very easy ride here. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Yeah, we all know this. The point is he is paid to be accountable. By not making him accountable he gets an easy ride. 

He only gets paid to keep Suhail in the shadows.

Talking about Waggott, instead of making Suhail accountable means he gets an easy ride.

Steve couldn't give a fuck as he gets paid very handsomely for his professional deception.

Look how Stevie handled the slight pressure given to him last year - He didn’t. 

So, ramp it up against him.

He’ll then start to worry and slowly crumble, if he is aways looking over his back. Something that hasn’t be done before to any extent.

He needs to be taught a big lesson. He has had such and easy ride. Once he is “targeted” and questioned more about what he says/does, he’ll know we are starting to put the pressure on him. 

He won’t feel comfortable to continue taking the piss out of us fans. He has been doing this for too long and needs to be quoted more on things his said/done. 

Once this happens, he’ll trip up more and more and we just keep embarrassing him, with come backs and pressuring him. 

Pick him up and quote him on everything he says/does. Not accepting the crap he says to us. 

Don’t just take “We’ll look into this”. That really is a cop out.

People say about him earning his salary, what about The Trust? I know they say, they can get “heated”, when replying to some of his answers, but they need to really put pressure on him with his brush offs.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

He only gets paid to keep Suhail in the shadows.

Talking about Waggott, instead of making Suhail accountable means he gets an easy ride.

Steve couldn't give a fuck as he gets paid very handsomely for his professional deception.

Steve has proven he gives a fuck by his actions last season. I’d imagine Suhail gives less of a fuck. 

1 minute ago, Moptop1 said:

Look how Stevie handled the slight pressure given to him last year - He didn’t. 

So, ramp it up against him.

He’ll then start to worry and slowly crumble, if he is aways looking over his back. Something that hasn’t be done before to any extent.

He needs to be taught a big lesson. He has had such and easy ride. Once he is “targeted” and questioned more about what he says/does, he’ll know we are starting to put the pressure on him. 

He won’t feel comfortable to continue taking the piss out of us fans. He has been doing this for too long and needs to be quoted more on things his said/done. 

Once this happens, he’ll trip up more and more and we just keep embarrassing him, with come backs and pressuring him. 

Pick him up and quote him on everything he says/does. Not accepting the crap he says to us. 

Don’t just take “We’ll look into this”. That really is a cop out.

People say about him earning his salary, what about The Trust? I know they say, they can get “heated”, when replying to some of his answers, but they need to really put pressure on him with his brush offs.

The problem is we no longer have a supporters group willing to make him accountable or ask difficult questions. 

• Like 3