BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

1 hour ago, Forever Blue said:

He’s CEO. He gets paid to front up.

Jackson has said he’s asked for interview so lets hope Waggott is made to front up. Preferably by radio lancs  and not some cosy in-house bullshit. 

Rovers management don't used our in house TV system enough to communicate to the fan base whether its the CEO or CFO explaining the situation to the club. The owners could have done an interview with Rovers TV explaining the current financial situation to the fan base. This has been problem for many many years. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers management don't used our in house TV system enough to communicate to the fan base whether its the CEO or CFO explaining the situation to the club. The owners could have done an interview with Rovers TV explaining the current financial situation to the fan base. This has been problem for many many years. 

If they did it would only be the party line of "The owners have reaffirmed their ongoing commitment to the Club and events in India "shouldn't" affect the day to day running of Blackburn Rovers."

Whist in the meantime actual events tend to suggest very much the contrary.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

I doubt the club mgmt actually know, they sent Pasha to India a few weeks back to find out according to the Trust, so presumably until that gets decided we just drift along.

Edited by roverblue

1 minute ago, roverblue said:

I doubt the club mgmt actually know, they sent Pasha to India a few weeks back to find out according to the Trust, so presumably until that gets decided we just drift along.

It must have been decided cos Eustace said at the weekend that the recruitment team know what they’re working with (about a tenner presumably)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

If we're gonna make signings, they'll need a proper pre-season. They need to start getting active in the window, since they'll now know the budget.

The "quiet while the Euro's are on" excuse can be dropped too - unless of course, we're looking at International players for England, Spain, Netherlands or France...

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

If we're gonna make signings, they'll need a proper pre-season. They need to start getting active in the window, since they'll now know the budget.

The "quiet while the Euro's are on" excuse can be dropped too - unless of course, we're looking at International players for England, Spain, Netherlands or France...

Considering most our signings will in all probability be loans, then the euros will affect us as clubs won't loan out as early due to senior players returning late to their clubs 

I am worried about letting players go before we bring in replacements now Wharton and Whalstedt are gone, Telalovic to follow.

It's just an excuse to cost cut and replace them with u23 players or loans as the squad gets smaller and smaller. 

Happy to eat my words if we go out and buy 6-7 players but doubt we will.

Eustace quoted in the Lancashire Telegraph as being open minded about McFadzean and Fleck and wanting the former to sign in particular.

We should sign neither, so I question Eustace's judgement. But it is pretty indicative of our problems that we cant get either signed. The easiest deals ever to do and we could at least get them fit in pre season so it highlights the mess stemming from the owners.

• Like 7

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Considering most our signings will in all probability be loans, then the euros will affect us as clubs won't loan out as early due to senior players returning late to their clubs 

Most decent loans from Prem teams are not sorted until the last couple of weeks of the window anyway.  So don't think the Euros impact us at all in honesty, it is just another reason for our top brass to hide behind the lack of transfer activity

The only players Prem teams are happy to loan out earlier in the window tend to be the Clarkson's etc who are so far away from ready for their parent club, that they are unlikely to make an impact at Rovers.

It seems fairly evident that there are not the funds to complete permanent deals at this stage, and evidence points towards crossing our fingers and toes for 20th August court hearing

Edited by KentExile

1 hour ago, Forever Blue said:

It must have been decided cos Eustace said at the weekend that the recruitment team know what they’re working with (about a tenner presumably)

lets see what's happened in the next couple of weeks

1 hour ago, TheRevAshton said:

they will be having pre season at their clubs anyway. 

We will bids out there, speaking to agents and clubs but the market is slow cos of the Euro's as is always the case. It will start picking up now 

11 minutes ago, roverblue said:

I am worried about letting players go before we bring in replacements now Wharton and Whalstedt are gone, Telalovic to follow.

It's just an excuse to cost cut and replace them with u23 players or loans as the squad gets smaller and smaller. 

Its clear we want a new keeper and striker given Eustace comments at the weekend

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The season finished 2 months ago and we still seemingly are not in a position to sign players.

We are talking to clubs and agents but as always the market is slow cos of Euro and people at clubs are away. Is there any player who has signed for another championship you wish we had sign so far this summer? Its a simple question, please can you answer this

22 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Eustace quoted in the Lancashire Telegraph as being open minded about McFadzean and Fleck and wanting the former to sign in particular.

We should sign neither, so I question Eustace's judgement. But it is pretty indicative of our problems that we cant get either signed. The easiest deals ever to do and we could at least get them fit in pre season so it highlights the mess stemming from the owners.

Open minded because he is waiting for Waggott to tell him what's happening. I really don't think Eustace has much say in the matter.

Eustace seems very non-committal on most subjects and he has already stated that the target for the season is simply to improve on last season - reflecting Waggott's lack of ambition at the start of last season. 

27 minutes ago, roverblue said:

This is where I'm at. I have no issue at all with us offloading the likes of Wahltstedt and Telalovic IF they are replaced with new signings.

But the more likely outcome is it will be another couple of wages off the books and another £1 million in sales and then we turn to academy kids and if lucky an Everton or Liverpool loanee or two.

It will be popular with some for getting shut of those two and their wages and bringing in some cash, but it really doesn't get us anywhere unless we are bringing in some quality the other way.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We are talking to clubs and agents but as always the market is slow cos of Euro and people at clubs are away. Is there any player who has signed for another championship you wish we had sign so far this summer? Its a simple question, please can you answer this

Jerry Yates wouldn't be my first choice, but he would have improved the squad 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

lets see what's happened in the next couple of weeks

they will be having pre season at their clubs anyway. 

We will bids out there, speaking to agents and clubs but the market is slow cos of the Euro's as is always the case. It will start picking up now 

Its clear we want a new keeper and striker given Eustace comments at the weekend

Its not as simple as saying who have others signed that you would want here.

We want different positions to other teams. Players like Ben Osborn, Max Lowe, Yann Valery, Shackleton and Shandon Baptiste look like clever pick ups but they arent priority positions for us. Viktor Johansson is the obvious one in a position we need but we hadnt even sorted a budget to act on that.

There are also players signed from abroad that I have never heard of so I couldnt possibly say that I want them here because I dont know them. Tijani, Kobacki, Vata, Diakhate, Heggem, Cordoba, Ingelsson, I wouldnt know any of these if they walked past me in the street. So I cant say we should sign them, doesnt mean that they might not be good signings.

Point being, if we cant even sign a contract with McFadzean, who we shouldnt be keeping, same with Fleck. Thats a concern. Why did Pasha only go to sort the budgets

You yourself talked about getting players in early for pre season. Now the Euros excuse comes in. Its not even that we havent signed anyone, why is our club run so poorly? Why are budgets only being discussed half way through the off season? Why does a trip to India have to happen? Why cant we even give a player who was here last season a new deal if the manager (wrongly IMO) wants him?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Is there any player who has signed for another championship you wish we had sign so far this summer? Its a simple question, please can you answer this

Is there any other Championship club in the luxurious position of having recently banked £30 million in sales and sell on fees with which to attack the market?

We've had all of February, March, April, May and June to put the Adam Wharton cash to use. Making excuses about the Euros and other clubs with a fraction of that cash not doing business just isn't good enough. We need to be proactive and make our own way not just think of reasons why we can't do things.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Have to question his judgement Jesus Christ, I don't think Eustace has a clue how to manage a football team.

Is Fleck even able to walk let alone Run? 

McFadz shouldn't be needed in a side looking to secure a mid table finish.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Open minded because he is waiting for Waggott to tell him what's happening. I really don't think Eustace has much say in the matter.

Eustace seems very non-committal on most subjects and he has already stated that the target for the season is simply to improve on last season - reflecting Waggott's lack of ambition at the start of last season. 

He seems totally in the dark and not willing to put on any pressure in public.

1 minute ago, KentExile said:

Jerry Yates wouldn't be my first choice, but he would have improved the squad 

Him, Kayden Jackson and to a lesser extent Josh Murphy all come into one category for me. None are great nor am I gutted to miss out on, all have gone to promoted sides, although all 3 would make our starting 11 most likely and at the very least give us stronger options off the bench than we have.

But when the window ends and we likely have not even brought in players at that level and start the season with Vale and Markanday in the squad, we will look back thinking we could have done with them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Have to question his judgement Jesus Christ, I don't think Eustace has a clue how to manage a football team.

Is Fleck even able to walk let alone Run? 

McFadz shouldn't be needed in a side looking to secure a mid table finish.

Its probably a bit far to say he doesnt have a clue how to manage a football team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheRevAshton said:

I do think it impacts the overall market though. Clubs higher up are less likely to make moves until the tournament is over and that has a knock-on effect on clubs lower down.

We won't know exactly which players are available on loan or on less expensive deals and even smaller clubs that we might be buying from will be holding out to see how the market develops once the tournament has wrapped up.

You can see that there's been very little transfer movement across the league.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He seems totally in the dark and not willing to put on any pressure in public.

Exactly. He'll be open to everything as he won't want to appear negative about whatever he ends up with.

He'll know that there's a chance that both will resign and he will have no real say in the matter, so why would he want to be on record saying that he didn't really want them?

He'll have seen what happened to JDT. He's here to be a yes man and he'll be fantastic at it - it's the only part of the job description that really matters at this point.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, roverblue said:

On Telalovic, as much as I wanted it to work out (as I do with all players that sign for Rovers), having Jack Vale back in the squad is basically his replacement. Vale is probably a better player than him anyway, not that that is saying much at all!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I do think it impacts the overall market though. Clubs higher up are less likely to make moves until the tournament is over and that has a knock-on effect on clubs lower down.

We won't know exactly which players are available on loan or on less expensive deals and even smaller clubs that we might be buying from will be holding out to see how the market develops once the tournament has wrapped up.

You can see that there's been very little transfer movement across the league.

The market has become much more active recently. Lets be frank, the biggest factors that slow us down are internal. The usual delays sorting budgets being a primary one, we shouldnt have Pasha the snake flying out only 2 weeks ago to India, yet we arent surprised. Limited funds again play a part, in a way that considering recent incoming fees, it shouldnt be quite so restrictive.

The Euros is a factor but that should primarily be affecting loans from the big clubs which should just be a couple of cherrys on top of an already formed cake. Mind you, some Championship loans have already been done.

• Like 1