BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

2 minutes ago, sharpysharps86 said:

On Telalovic, as much as I wanted it to work out (as I do with all players that sign for Rovers), having Jack Vale back in the squad is basically his replacement. Vale is probably a better player than him anyway, not that that is saying much at all!

And Igor Tyjon possibly playing some kind of role in the first team this season. I thought Telalovic was unlucky not to be used at all in the second half of the season, but I would rather see Tyjon get 10-15 minutes here and there over Telalovic

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Jerry Yates wouldn't be my first choice, but he would have improved the squad 

I would have deffo took Yates. 

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Its not as simple as saying who have others signed that you would want here.

We want different positions to other teams. Players like Ben Osborn, Max Lowe, Yann Valery, Shackleton and Shandon Baptiste look like clever pick ups but they arent priority positions for us. Viktor Johansson is the obvious one in a position we need but we hadnt even sorted a budget to act on that.

There are also players signed from abroad that I have never heard of so I couldnt possibly say that I want them here because I dont know them. Tijani, Kobacki, Vata, Diakhate, Heggem, Cordoba, Ingelsson, I wouldnt know any of these if they walked past me in the street. So I cant say we should sign them, doesnt mean that they might not be good signings.

It was very simple question and yet again you just do the usual waffle stuff instead of just answering a very simple straight forward question.  Why do I really bother!

Point being, if we cant even sign a contract with McFadzean, who we shouldnt be keeping, same with Fleck. Thats a concern. Why did Pasha only go to sort the budgets

Cos that Pasha job and why does everyone need to go? Pasha is the Chief Operating Officer at Rovers. 

You yourself talked about getting players in early for pre season. Now the Euros excuse comes in. Its not even that we havent signed anyone, why is our club run so poorly? Why are budgets only being discussed half way through the off season? Why does a trip to India have to happen? Why cant we even give a player who was here last season a new deal if the manager (wrongly IMO) wants him?

Other clubs haven't signed players so are they poorly run? 

I always like to get 2 or 3 in early but not always possible. Players want to wait and assess their options firstly, clubs don't want to sell yet until they get their signings in. 

A trip to India has to happen cos that what the owners want despite what we might want or what we would do. 

Maybe McFadzean is waiting and assessing all of his options first? Plus he might have other things to consider like moving home or Children moving school for example

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Is there any other Championship club in the luxurious position of having recently banked £30 million in sales and sell on fees with which to attack the market?

We've had all of February, March, April, May and June to put the Adam Wharton cash to use. Making excuses about the Euros and other clubs with a fraction of that cash not doing business just isn't good enough.

You know the reasons why we sold Wharton and where his first instalment was used for so why keep asking where it given. Also with a fee for Wharton it will be paid in instalments not all up front. We will paid similar when paying for transfer fees ourselves

I agree we should be able to spend some money in the transfers but if there is problems still in India will Venkys sending money to us then we will have to become used the money we have in, I don't whether they can or not. God knows and none of us know. 

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

We need to be proactive and make our own way not just think of reasons why we can't do things.

Yes I would like us to be pro active but I don't want us over spending on players to get them in early. Hopefully now the Euros are almost done movement is starting to happened. 

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

And Igor Tyjon possibly playing some kind of role in the first team this season. I thought Telalovic was unlucky not to be used at all in the second half of the season, but I would rather see Tyjon get 10-15 minutes here and there over Telalovic

Yeah I do think Semir was dealt a bad hand really. He was everything that Rovers didn't need at the time (and still don't) - an inexperienced striker who had never played in England before let alone the Championship.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The market has become much more active recently. Lets be frank, the biggest factors that slow us down are internal. The usual delays sorting budgets being a primary one, we shouldnt have Pasha the snake flying out only 2 weeks ago to India, yet we arent surprised. Limited funds again play a part, in a way that considering recent incoming fees, it shouldnt be quite so restrictive.

The Euros is a factor but that should primarily be affecting loans from the big clubs which should just be a couple of cherrys on top of an already formed cake. Mind you, some Championship loans have already been done.

Most clubs have this level have limited funds and make massive season losses.. 

Another factor is us massive changing our recruitment team and appointing John Park as head of recruitment. That's put us behind cos he will have different contacts, seen different players and want to bring in his own staff. 

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Tyjon has a big future for us and I do feel for Telalovic alot cos it wasn't the type of signing we need at the time but Rovers need another striker cos Ennis wasn't fit, I do think GB should have sign just 1 striker not 2. I hope Semir Telalovic has a good career if he moves on. It just hasn't worked out here for him

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Tyjon has a big future for us and I do feel for Telalovic alot cos it wasn't the type of signing we need at the time but Rovers need another striker cos Ennis wasn't fit, I do think GB should have sign just 1 striker not 2. I hope Semir Telalovic has a good career if he moves on. It just hasn't worked out here for him

When in our history would it have been the type of signing we needed?

• Like 2

Was beaten to it but was going to come in and say, forget a striker signing unless Gallagher goes.

Vale replaces Telalovic, with Leonard and Tyjon behind them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sharpysharps86 said:

On Telalovic, as much as I wanted it to work out (as I do with all players that sign for Rovers), having Jack Vale back in the squad is basically his replacement. Vale is probably a better player than him anyway, not that that is saying much at all!

Jack Vale should be nowhere near the squad. He needs shipping out this summer - if he's around in September then we're nailed on for relegation.

• Like 4

I want to see Vale in a couple of pre-season games to see whether the shoe has dropped. He's a player who seems to have been consistently rated by the coaching staff but whenever he got on the pitch for us looked lazy and ineffectual - we've shipped him out on a decent loan where he has played a fair amount of football at an OK level and the reports coming back are praising his effort and work rate.

It reminds me a bit of Carter - thought he was destined for non league until he had that one good season out at Portsmouth, even then I was in favour of selling him to them for whatever their reported offer was - £300k, something like that?

To clarify, I don't hold out a lot of hope based on what we have seen so far but I would like to see him in a couple of friendly matches against decent opposition if we can manage it.

If/when we lose Sammie and Gallagher we do need a new striker in regardless, unless we are really banking on Siggy to step up in a central role.

• Like 2

Leo gone and Semir to follow soon. They have to be two of the worst players to ever wear the famous shirt. Truly woeful. Indicative of one of the worst summer windows we've had last summer.

This summer, the Palace guy linked again. He's not coming here so I'm not sure why that story is being peddled every week. 

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, AspRover said:

To clarify, I don't hold out a lot of hope based on what we have seen so far but I would like to see him in a couple of friendly matches against decent opposition if we can manage it.

Yeah, that's not happening.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would have deffo took Yates. 

It was very simple question and yet again you just do the usual waffle stuff instead of just answering a very simple straight forward question.  Why do I really bother!

Cos that Pasha job and why does everyone need to go? Pasha is the Chief Operating Officer at Rovers. 

Other clubs haven't signed players so are they poorly run? 

I always like to get 2 or 3 in early but not always possible. Players want to wait and assess their options firstly, clubs don't want to sell yet until they get their signings in. 

A trip to India has to happen cos that what the owners want despite what we might want or what we would do. 

Maybe McFadzean is waiting and assessing all of his options first? Plus he might have other things to consider like moving home or Children moving school for example

You know the reasons why we sold Wharton and where his first instalment was used for so why keep asking where it given. Also with a fee for Wharton it will be paid in instalments not all up front. We will paid similar when paying for transfer fees ourselves

I agree we should be able to spend some money in the transfers but if there is problems still in India will Venkys sending money to us then we will have to become used the money we have in, I don't whether they can or not. God knows and none of us know. 

Yes I would like us to be pro active but I don't want us over spending on players to get them in early. Hopefully now the Euros are almost done movement is starting to happened. 

I listed a number of (on paper) good Championship signings that I know of, explained how what we need will differ and then listed a number of further signings made that I cant comment

Im not saying that Suhail the snake should have been accompanied to India for the annual arse kissing convention. Im saying that our budget should not have remained unfinalised 6 weeks after the season had finished. It should have been finalised before the season had finished pending division or at least very shortly after. 

I do know where the Wharton money has gone yes, and the timing is irrelevant. The owners sole focus is on clawing back every penny possible and that is at the cost of any emphasis on bettering the football club.

Both McFadzean and Eustace want a deal to be signed and a deal is agreed in principle according to the LT. "Still in talks" and "no paperwork has been signed." Such a simple renewal not done such is our club under Venkys.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

Nixon thinks we're working on Krul, Rak-Sakyi & Paik Seungo-Ho.

None of those will come anywhere near the place.

Why wouldn't they?

Sakyi will have loan interest from London so yeah id agree that is doubtful but we will be looked on by clubs and agents of young players as decent place to get game time as they usually do ,and many of the young players we have loaned in in  the past have gone on to be regulars in the premier league.

I don't understand why you think  Krul for example wouldn't be up for coming here?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I listed a number of (on paper) good Championship signings that I know of, explained how what we need will differ and then listed a number of further signings made that I cant comment

that didn't answer a very straight forward question which yet again you don't answer, just waffle a loads of nonsense about this and that. The question was, Is there any player who has signed for another championship you wish we had sign so far this summer? I would have taken Yates

Im not saying that Suhail the snake should have been accompanied to India for the annual arse kissing convention. Im saying that our budget should not have remained unfinalised 6 weeks after the season had finished. It should have been finalised before the season had finished pending division or at least very shortly after. 

All points made every season but given that we have made massive changes behind the scenes would it made any difference to our targets this summer? probably not. 

Yes we would all like to know the budget before the season finish or just after but you know that rarely happened. 

I do know where the Wharton money has gone yes, and the timing is irrelevant. The owners sole focus is on clawing back every penny possible and that is at the cost of any emphasis on bettering the football club.

I was replying to JHRover not 

3 hours ago, bluebruce said:

When in our history would it have been the type of signing we needed?

I didn't worded my post properly, My point was we didn't need that type of signing or Ennis when we could have got someone on loan who would have been much better signing and actually played more. 

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

Nixon thinks we're working on Krul, Rak-Sakyi & Paik Seungo-Ho.

None of those will come anywhere near the place.

Well he has been right all summer on the behind the scenes changed. 

I would take Krul and Rak-Sakyi. Not sure we need Paik Seungo-Ho but if JRC is going to play from the right side then we need another centre midfield

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

that didn't answer a very straight forward question which yet again you don't answer, just waffle a loads of nonsense about this and that. The question was, Is there any player who has signed for another championship you wish we had sign so far this summer? I would have taken Yates

All points made every season but given that we have made massive changes behind the scenes would it made any difference to our targets this summer? probably not. 

Yes we would all like to know the budget before the season finish or just after but you know that rarely happened. 

I was replying to JHRover not 

The likes of Yates, Longstaff, Murphy and Jackson fall into a similar category for me.

Would I consider any of them to be considerable upgrades on our starting 11? No. Would I rather us be more ambitious? Certainly.

But would they all be strongly pushing for a starting spot here amidst our below average Championship attack? Yes. Are they considerable improvements on the dross we have below Gallagher/Hedges/Dolan (none of whom are that good at his level themselves) in the likes of Markanday, Sigurdsson and Vale? Undoubtedly. And do I predict us getting anyone better? Not with any confidence.

So I dont see these players as ones that I am sad that we missed out on, but equally, they would definitely have improved the squad.

My issues arent around individuals. They are around how poorly we are run as a club. Budgets being decided so late, gaps in communication to the manager leaving him as a clueless as anyone, no scope to reinvest considerable sales proceeds, a constant churn in staff off the field.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Yes we would all like to have a functional club that doesnt wait 6 weeks to start discussing budgets but we dont so oh well.

These bastard owners continue to be a massive hindrance around our neck. 

How did it massive hindrance around our neck when we were changing our head of recruitment, scouting staff, Our Director of football leaving, appointing a new head of Football operations and new Head of Technical Development? 

You can still come up with different target. 

Edited by chaddyrovers