BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Wish I could get excited over things like this, but it just seems so far out of reach for us right now.

We can't even seal the deal on giving McFadz another year, nor can we offer Dolan a competitive salary.

I'm not saying it will happen by any means, because we are incapable of getting anyone over the line these days, but compared to MzFadz and Dolan I imagine this lad would be very, very cheap coming from the Finnish league.

Edit - Wage wise anyway, any sort of fee probably rules us out.

Edited by MarkBRFC

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

#KeptTheLightsOn#

1 minute ago, J*B said:

Adam Wharton ensured his hometown football club didn't go bankrupt. 

Surely not for a club so committed to being a ‘sustainable premier league club following the Brentford player trading model’?!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I'm not saying it will happen by any means, because we are incapable of getting anyone over the line these days, but compared to MzFadz and Dolan I imagine this lad would be very, very cheap coming from the Finnish league.

It puts a whole new meaning on Venky's never refuse to sign a Check. 

Maybe the are also getting someone who can Finnish. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I'm assuming they have already lodged millions to cover the payment of the tax bill last year (£3.5m from memory) and another reported £11m put in during Q3 last year.

Correct

• Like 1

Article reads like he’s off to Europe for a fee of around a million euros. I’m sure his wages will be a pittance. They know they can get their money back if they need it. Low fee, low wages, low risk, small chance of making money if he turns out a good player.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, MB Rover said:

Surely not for a club so committed to being a ‘sustainable premier league club following the Brentford player trading model’?!

That model been n gone.

The new model sell everything we can so the owners can cling onto the club .

It's our turn to help the owners after them never refusing to sign a cheque 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Not sure why a player would follow us on social media if we weren't close to signing...Then again Duncan mcguire and his mum did................

Exactly and they would have signed if it wasn’t for us fucking it up.

• Like 1

We shouldn't be paying close to £1 million for a young player never tested outside his own country and not having that many games under their belt.

Those type of signings /Gambles are fine when you have some sort of a budget and can allow that player to bed in , but we ain't in that position we need players that are ready now.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FE123 said:

Looks like he’s due to play his last game for HJK this afternoon in a Champions League Qualifier.

If he's coming to us, definite ACL incoming.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

We shouldn't be paying close to £1 million for a young player never tested outside his own country and not having that many games under their belt.

Those type of signings /Gambles are fine when you have some sort of a budget and can allow that player to bed in , but we ain't in that position we need players that are ready now.

Whilst I agree, 145 games under his belt at 21 isn't bad.

The level he's played at though is obviously debatable.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Yeah, but think of the future potential resale value. Who cares about on field performance 

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

If we are paying that then we know that more or less our budget gone (like on leo) so agreed its a risk, i imagine the rest of our signings will then be loans.

8 minutes ago, Polky said:

If we go into administration around 20th August, we’ll have 44 games to make up the 12 point deduction 👀

if they go including maggot I'd take 112 point deduction 

• Like 9

27 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I agree in normal club circumstances. Unfortunately we aren’t a normal club and we don’t want to be agreeing to take on 3/4 players on 15/20 k per week for a couple of years with nothing to show for it on the other side. 

Batth, Ruddy, McFadzean, Fleck and Krul will all fall into this category and although the manager will want them and probably make sense on the football side, they don’t make sense financially. Hence the push back every time we try to recruit an experienced player.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheRevAshton said:

Wish I could get excited over things like this, but it just seems so far out of reach for us right now.

We can't even seal the deal on giving McFadz another year, nor can we offer Dolan a competitive salary.

I imagine what we've offered Dolan isn't in the public domain. The definition of competitive could be wide. For all we know he could've been offered 8k a week but he might think he's worth 12k a week. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lraC said:

It is strange really, as they had to pay into the bond for the two tranches sent last year.

Did they? Has this been confirmed somewhere? I never heard a thing about the bond until after the first or second (think it was the second) case postponement. I got the impression it was a temporary option granted for Venkys to be able, if they were committed enough, send funds, at risk, until the case could be held. Presumably due to an assertion from Venkys that the business could be crippled or go under without their support.

If there's some proof that the bond applied to the funds sent way back in November, I'd like to see.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Did they? Has this been confirmed somewhere? I never heard a thing about the bond until after the first or second (think it was the second) case postponement. I got the impression it was a temporary option granted for Venkys to be able, if they were committed enough, send funds, at risk, until the case could be held. Presumably due to an assertion from Venkys that the business could be crippled or go under without their support.

If there's some proof that the bond applied to the funds sent way back in November, I'd like to see.

I was told that by Waggott himself, so pretty sure it’s accurate. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Extract from the court order 31/10/23…

IMG_1754.thumb.jpeg.b56b9c33f785d73d4d8fd6c1f5986b8e.jpeg

• Like 5

1 minute ago, wilsdenrover said:

Extract from the court order 31/10/23…

IMG_1754.thumb.jpeg.b56b9c33f785d73d4d8fd6c1f5986b8e.jpeg

Thanks for posting and backs up what Waggott told me.

Clearly very honest, trustworthy and honorable people. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

It’s now been posted by WilsdenRover.

There has been an awful lot of miss understanding and downright bluster surrounding this, probably purposely done internally.

I think it is becoming increasingly clear how important this matter and the court hearing is, to the very future of the club, despite the miss leading statements being made. 

• Like 1