BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

1 minute ago, sverrehh said:

What does this say in simple terms?

If Venky’s send £11m to us, they also have to put another £11m in an account in India. If it turns out that the funds are not used for the stated purpose, these funds can be seized.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, damo100 said:

Yep, you can take what Swag says as gospel. 

Given that it was to his/ owners detriment and a kind of admission, I did believe this one, but I do understand your sentiments. 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, sverrehh said:

What does this say in simple terms?

12 = judge giving permission for Venkys to send £11 million to the club subject to meeting various conditions.

12A = one of these conditions - this being they had to guarantee a similar sum was available to the Directorate of Enforcement.

I hope that all makes sense 👍

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

My understanding is quite the opposite.

The August date is simply a request by Venky's to be able to send funds out of India while under embargo.

The Embargo is in place largely because of the Alexander house purchase but that issue is ongoing along with other issues being investigated

When the judge gave the decision to postpone the last hearing the reasoning given was it was complicated with not enough time left to devote to it. In my opinion that is something more than a request for additional funding which has already had a precedent set and is supported by fully costed evidence of where the money is going.

The term final hearing suggests to me the determination of the Alexander House case.

• Like 1

So it's a bank guarantee i.e here's proof of our savings account with say 100 million in it and our bank issues a guarantee of a charge on it of 11 million.

Rather than actually giving their enforcement agency money to hold ?

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

If Rovers receive 20-30 million pounds in transfer fees, to Rovers' English bank account I presume, why would we need any immediate financial backing from India? If Venkys are confident of winning their case they should let some of those funds be reinvested. I am aware that some funds are needed to fund the running costs...but still, up towards 30 million is significant! And who knows what happens to Smzodics

What if we did not have a star in Wharton to sell in January?

Edited by sverrehh

42 minutes ago, lraC said:

Clearly very honest, trustworthy and honorable people. 

Who are? Please tell me you're not talking about Waggott or Venkys.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sverrehh said:

If Rovers receive 20-30 million pounds in transfer fees, to Rovers' English bank account I presume, why would we need any immediate financial backing from India? If Venkys are confident of winning their case they should let some of those funds be reinvested. I am aware that some funds are needed to fund the running costs...but still, up towards 30 million is significant! And who knows what happens to Smzodics

Then we'd have potentially struggled to meet our financial obligations. Seems like the Wharton money - which like most transfers will be spread across installments likely over years - is being kept to keep us solvent 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, sverrehh said:

But the funds come in in instalments so whatever is coming in over this season will be used for the operating budget.

Only what will allow spending is Venkys sending extra money for transfer payments asap which is unlikely even in the rare event they wanted to because the court would probably only allow operating costs anyway.

So imo we are stuck with this set up for the next year then there'll be no one to sell or big money owed by net summer so they simply have to get money across or we are going bust.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 4

The taps were turned off a year ago and I don't see them coming back on. We're essentially now a self-funding club, that has become very clear.

Why do these fools continue to own the club? It's beyond belief. 

• Like 8

ipswich agree to sign liam delap for 20 million🤪 thats a lot of money for a player who has never set the championship alight,in comparison,tom cannon is a better player and cost 3 times less,i honestly don`t know what these scouts and analysts see  sometimes

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Someone asked Nixon about the Finnish player ...his reply 

"He would cost a fee. Don't think any buys just now"

The same guy who replied “rubbish” to someone when he got asked that we didn’t haven’t a budget…but all in all he’s probably right…Still strange how the player follows us though.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

The same guy who replied “rubbish” to someone when he got asked that we didn’t haven’t a budget…but all in all he’s probably right…Still strange how the player follows us though.

Maybe started following after that news story came out in April or whenever

• Like 1

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

ipswich agree to sign liam delap for 20 million🤪 thats a lot of money for a player who has never set the championship alight,in comparison,tom cannon is a better player and cost 3 times less,i honestly don`t know what these scouts and analysts see  sometimes

can only think its because Delap is bigger, faster and stronger than Cannon

• Moderation Lead
28 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Someone asked Nixon about the Finnish player ...his reply 

"He would cost a fee. Don't think any buys just now"

In fairness, I think the one above is probably a direct hit. (Granted, it’s incredibly straightforward to work out how skint we are).

15 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Ipswich could be setting themselves up for an expensive tumble down the leagues.