BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

8 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Ipswich could be setting themselves up for an expensive tumble down the leagues.

Ipswich look to me like they are doing a Luton but on a much bigger budget.  

Buy proven Championship players who may be able to step up

Probably go down

Players who stepped up are sold at a profit, others are kept for a promotion push

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Ipswich look to me like they are doing a Luton but on a much bigger budget.  

Buy proven Championship players who may be able to step up

Probably go down

Players who stepped up are sold at a profit, others are kept for a promotion push

paid 20 million for omari hutchinson as well,also unproven at top level,if they are doing a luton it`s an expensive experiment

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Someone asked Nixon about the Finnish player ...his reply 

"He would cost a fee. Don't think any buys just now"

He was linking us with buying Paik last week, so as per usual hes covering all bases. But I think a blind man could see that we wont be buying anyone.

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

paid 20 million for omari hutchinson as well,also unproven at top level,if they are doing a luton it`s an expensive experiment

Hutchinson, and going for Greaves, Delap, Philogene, all similar profiles of player, all done very well in the Championship, all have potential to step up.

Might be expensive, but they are owed by a hedge fund, and have Prem money coming to them

Walton (yes him) was their reserve keeper last season and on a bigger wage than anyone in Rovers squad

2 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Don't worry, JE has name checked Hilton, O'Riordan, Gent and Duru in a recent interview.

He and the club are laying the groundwork for 0 transfer spend "because these guys are like new signings" or "not blocking pathways"

🤷‍♂️ ain't no trouble.

thats exactly the impression i got,eustace just happy to be working in the game,under no pressure ( until the fans turn when we are adrift and bottom of the league),there might a one or two uninspiring loans coming in but thats it i think,going to be a long,horrible season

• Like 1

We are absolutely already in a relegation fight before kicking a ball if we aren't able to spend any transfer fees on signings.

Best hope that JE's 'togetherness' really does the trick because that's what we'll be relying on by the looks of it!

1 minute ago, sharpysharps86 said:

We are absolutely already in a relegation fight before kicking a ball if we aren't able to spend any transfer fees on signings.

Best hope that JE's 'togetherness' really does the trick because that's what we'll be relying on by the looks of it!

we are doing a reading fc  from a few seasons ago,getting rid of anyone with any value (expect szmodics,carter and tronstadt to be sold when the market kicks into gear) ,promoting academy players and preparing for the drop,the situation we appear to be in is the mirror image of that

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

I am astonished there’s fans that are only just understanding the severity of this. Many people on this forum, the 4,000 podcast and other resources have been explaining this in very simple terms for many months now. 

It really is amazing. This is why people like Waggott say and do the things they do.

I know the term happy clappers is used, but naive in the extreme is more accurate. 

• Like 5

Do we need to be able to decipher court papers, translate Waggotts  coding to work out what’s going on?

It’s all there to be seen. There’s no money.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ABBEY said:

especially with 7 million to spend. so @chaddyrovers about this made up 7 million 

Abbey, I just been catching up with all the posts since last night and tomorrow and its appears that my hope that we would spend money is wrong(which I hold my hands and say I was wrong) and we are back to only looking to loans and free transfers, which isn't good news given the money we received and you would have hope that we could have at least some of it even if just £5m 

4 hours ago, islander200 said:

We shouldn't be paying close to £1 million for a young player never tested outside his own country and not having that many games under their belt.

Those type of signings /Gambles are fine when you have some sort of a budget and can allow that player to bed in , but we ain't in that position we need players that are ready now.

I agree. We can't take too many gambles to be honest and we need to bring in British based players or if we are looking overseas for free transfers we can't take risks like Telalovic type transfers

• Like 1