BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

I don’t get it…We can only get loans or frees seemingly? Why the hell haven’t we brought any frees in?? The excuse of not competing with wages is rubbish when it sound like Fleck is, now, likely to sign.

He will of no doubt taken a pay cut but he’ll still be on a lot more than most in the squad.

All stinks!! 

• Like 1

I honestly can't see a scenario where the Venky's can stay as owners at this point? If they can't put into the club, there is literally no difference between the club being owned by them or being fan owned! 

It makes absolutely no sense why they refuse to sell at this point. There is zero chance of them getting any of their money back without significant investment, so why don't they just cut their losses? 

This has all the hallmarks of a toxic season. If we don't invest we'll be fighting for 23rd and if we sell Sammie we'll be fighting Rotherham's record points total. What they have done to this club is criminal.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

If these owners are here in 5 seasons time, I would not be surprised if we are in League 2, and worried about relegation.

At least the Indian courts involvement should ensure this can’t go on for much longer than a year or so (unless they back down), because beyond Szmodics the squad is barely worth more than a couple of million between the lot of them. The funding through transfers will run dry once the last Wharton instalment is in.

Edited by G Somerset Rover
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

FFS, I hate these owners.

Supporting a football club shouldn't be like this.

Speaking in hindsight now but it would have been better had we slid down under the Walker Trust and let them do the downscale. Then at least we'd have been on a lower running cost/income model and might have attracted less wealthy but more stable, interested owners.

I'd take being a Barnsley any day over the last decades farce if we were owned by local ownership and genuinely trying to rebuild.

If these lot turn us into that and stay (which is where my money would be bet) then that is horrific and we are stuck forever. 

4 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

I honestly can't see a scenario where the Venky's can stay as owners at this point? If they can't put into the club, there is literally no difference between the club being owned by them or being fan owned! 

It makes absolutely no sense why they refuse to sell at this point. There is zero chance of them getting any of their money back without significant investment, so why don't they just cut their losses? 

This has all the hallmarks of a toxic season. If we don't invest we'll be fighting for 23rd and if we sell Sammie we'll be fighting Rotherham's record points total. What they have done to this club is criminal.

It’s been explained before why I (and many others) think they refuse to sell. Within their portfolio Blackburn Rovers shows as an asset worth over £200M. The fact that money is owed to the owners means that selling it would be such a loss that it’s almost not worth doing whilst they can afford to run it on as little money as they are. 

• Like 3

We’ve agreed a deal in principle with McFadzean as early as 17 June 2024. For him to not be signed and taking part in pre-season is very worrying. 

If we can’t get a 37 year old, who’s rejected offers from other clubs on a free, how are we going to afford loans?

We’ll be begging Premier League clubs for freebie loans for players like Billy Koumetio who won’t improve the squad one bit.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Neal said:

There's only so much a person can take before you just turn your back completely. This season is going to be an absolute car crash, with the worst owners in football, the worst CEO, no investment and a yes man in charge of the team. 

I don't understand how they intend to get people to buy season tickets after finishing 19th with no further investment. If they won't invest then why should I? I'm not being bent over just because it's the club I support, they're taking advantage of peoples blind commitment to Rovers and sleep walking us into league 1 and they simply don't care. 

Going to Ewood to argue with other fans, to watch shit football in a 3rd full stadium, with the kids being sacrificed and used as a shield to hide behind the sheer neglect that's occured and the poor results that will follow... No thanks. 

Season ticket? New shirt?

F*ck off. 

I've been strong armed into a season ticket because it's a social occasion with my parents. I know we're going down with the current squad. 

I'll probably buy a shirt for the first time in a decade because it's a banger.

I also don't think it's fair to call Eustace a 'yes man', he did a sterling job keeping us up last year. He's a professional football manager and this is an opportunity for him to work in the game after being cruelly sacked at Birmingham. There's absolutely no benefit to him right now bemoaning our lack of money / investment to the media. He's not going to shit on his employers - I'm amazed JDT got away with it for so long (and I really liked the guy!).

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, G Somerset Rover said:

At least the Indian courts involvement should ensure this can’t go on for much longer than a year or so (unless they back down), because beyond Szmodics the squad is barely worth more than a couple of million between the lot of them. The funding through transfers will run dry once the last Wharton instalment is in.

You'd imagine the EFL would step in after August if the Indian court rules against them.

They'd no longer be able to fund the club (and haven't done so since November), which I believe is one of the clauses in the 'fit and proper' test.

• Like 3

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

You'd imagine the EFL would step in after August if the Indian court rules against them.

They'd no longer be able to fund the club (and haven't done so since November), which I believe is one of the clauses in the 'fit and proper' test.

They’d be able to though with a Szmodics sale and more Wharton cash in January. Technically it could go on til next summer you would assume. Then we have nobody to sell.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Speaking in hindsight now but it would have been better had we slid down under the Walker Trust and let them do the downscale. Then at least we'd have been on a lower running cost/income model and might have attracted less wealthy but more stable, interested owners.

I'd take being a Barnsley any day over the last decades farce if we were owned by local ownership and genuinely trying to rebuild.

If these lot turn us into that and stay (which is where my money would be bet) then that is horrific and we are stuck forever. 

It would have been better if the Walker Trust hadn't shat on Jack's legacy. We were a season (or two) away from the mega riches of the Premier League - the new tv deal came into place just after we were relegated. 

I've always wished ill on his children for what they did to us. 

• Like 9

Just now, G Somerset Rover said:

They’d be able to though with a Szmodics sale and more Wharton cash in January. Technically it could go on til next summer you would assume. Then we have nobody to sell.

That's the club self funding itself though by selling everything that isn't nailed down. As owners they wouldn't have put a dime in for over 18 months at that point.

If there's a hard and fast ruling from India the EFL would have to take action. 

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I can't imagine the EFL doing anything considering the number of clubs before us who have had in some cases even worse owners than we have.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, J*B said:

It’s been explained before why I (and many others) think they refuse to sell. Within their portfolio Blackburn Rovers shows as an asset worth over £200M. The fact that money is owed to the owners means that selling it would be such a loss that it’s almost not worth doing whilst they can afford to run it on as little money as they are. 

That makes a much sense as any other argument I can think of, completely absurd situation though. At some point, someone will have to step in or there won't be a club left to salvage.

• Like 1

Just now, RTM08 said:

I can't imagine the EFL doing anything considering the number of clubs before us who have had in some cases even worse owners than we have.

There are no worse owners than ours and I'll never be convinced otherwise. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Rogerb said:

When the judge gave the decision to postpone the last hearing the reasoning given was it was complicated with not enough time left to devote to it. In my opinion that is something more than a request for additional funding which has already had a precedent set and is supported by fully costed evidence of where the money is going.

The term final hearing suggests to me the determination of the Alexander House case.

The court papers for the postponed hearing are fairly short and only mention a request by Venky's for permission to send funds. There is nothing else under consideration in this particular hearing.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

It would have been better if the Walker Trust hadn't shat on Jack's legacy. We were a season (or two) away from the mega riches of the Premier League - the new tv deal came into place just after we were relegated. 

I've always wished ill on his children for what they did to us. 

At least they were stable ownership and had the dodgy dealings not gone on they'd have been stuck with it and maybe relegated anyway but maybe not because i doubt they'd have sacked Allardyce anytime soon.

If we'd got to the new tv deal with them they might have allowed a bit of investment to at least keep us up a bit longer but we'd have eventually dropped anyway.  They'd rightly have taken the flak but we'd have had a better decade than we have had even if we were stuck in the middle of the championship.

Whatever flak we owe them at least they weren't bat shit like this lot and the heartbeat and soul of the club would have remained. Quite simply because the Jack Walker connection would have remained, we became Kentaro/SEM Rovers then Venky Rovers and that's what we remain as long as they are around.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

If these owners are here in 5 seasons time, I would not be surprised if we are in League 2, and worried about relegation.

We won’t be here in 5 years, if they are still owning us!

• Like 4

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

If the fleck deal is more than 1 year it has to be a Waggot signing surely? 

Anything more than a 1 year pay as you play would be incredibly stupid with our limited funds, so of course we will probably offer ridiculous terms.

• Like 1