BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

7 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

If the fleck deal is more than 1 year it has to be a Waggot signing surely? 

I just figured out now why he's still training with us. G to the RIM stuff.

I’d like to know what happened to the funds we saved when they sabotaged the McGuire deal? Where are the proceeds of significant player sales if they are truly able/willing to fund the club before the court proceedings? If we are indeed their ‘Baby’ then somebody inform social services as this is abject neglect. They don’t even have the balls to tell us the truth yet they want our hard earned money to buy season tickets and shirts.  Imho it’s gotten to the point where the only logical explanation for them not selling us is to spite the fans who booed them out of town all those years ago. They are so wealthy that they can easily afford to let us rot out of cruelty and revenge. I won’t be spending any money on Rovers this season as the money simply lines their pockets/pays the legal fees and nothing meaningful is invested into our beloved club. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

so well done @chaddyrovers for admitting your wrong over the 7m ,

I am more than willing to hold my hands up when and if I am wrong. 

13 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

does this mean you won't believe everything you read out of the venkygander machine 

I was hopefully we would spend money and back Eustace who I think could get us into the playoffs places this coming season

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

loaning a 19 yr goalkeeper,wtf

If there's apparently little to no money in the kitty until the court case is done and dusted then i think we can expect to see more 'loan to buy' type offers as we ATTEMPTED with O'Brien and McGuire. 

Or as usual I'm just kidding myself and it's just going to be one of the most dire transfer windows of my lifetime 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

If there's anything in the Fleck deal I suspect he's willing to play for next to nothing to try and get himself fit again and that's the attraction to Rovers and Waggott. Getting some much needed experience into the camp for a very small cost.

Some might call that shrewd but when the player in question has suffered those sort of injuries and lasted 15 minutes on his debut for us it is clear that we should be looking elsewhere.

It says it all about the plight of this club that we are even remotely considering new terms for him.

• Like 4

Just now, JHRover said:

If there's anything in the Fleck deal I suspect he's willing to play for next to nothing to try and get himself fit again and that's the attraction to Rovers and Waggott. Getting some much needed experience into the camp for a very small cost.

Some might call that shrewd but when the player in question has suffered those sort of injuries and lasted 15 minutes on his debut for us it is clear that we should be looking elsewhere.

It says it all about the plight of this club that we are even remotely considering new terms for him.

on the contrary,i think he`s after one last pay day,10 k a week for a season would do him nicely and we are stupid enough to fall for it

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

IMG_0004.jpeg

It’s hardly surprising that we’re confident when the only realistic competition comes from the local Orthopaedic department. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, JHRover said:

They failed to back Mowbray when he had us near the top two in January 2022. 

Mowbray still bought in 5 signings which were Giles and Zeefuik on loan, Brown on a free transfer and, Markanday and Hedges were cash buys. 

They failed to back JDT when he had us near the top two in January 2023.

We failed to bring in the quality striker we needed and If Undav had signed, I think we would have gone up. He was the missing link but he didn't want to come after talks with GB and JDT. My question would be to both of them is where was the Plan B target for the rest of the window

They failed to back JDT in the summer of 2023 after we had gone within a hair's breadth of the play-offs and FA Cup semi final.

We bought in 7 players including 2 strikers who both turned out to poor signings. My question why didn't we just bring one quality striker even if it was loan player. 

They failed to back JDT in January 2024 when we were just outside the play-offs despite sabotaging him the previous summer with budget changes.

We bought in another 6 signings during this window and we spent 500k on O'Riordan, 3 loans and 2 free transfers. Ayari and Chrisene were good/loan signings and McFadzean shown his quality. 

So in summary, each time they have been back in terms of bringing in signings and allow to some spend money. I think we need to think how we used our budget and the type of players we want going forward, cos we spend around £!m a season ago on Wahlstedt and Telalovic. Looking back, could we have used that money better? I think so. Don't you?

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

You'd imagine the EFL would step in after August if the Indian court rules against them.

They'd no longer be able to fund the club (and haven't done so since November), which I believe is one of the clauses in the 'fit and proper' test.

This is simply wrong.

Firstly, the club, the players, the fixed assets all belong to the Raos. Wharton was developed by their money, his contract was theirs and the sale money is theirs.

They are using their self generated UK money instead of sending new money from India.

They have been saying for several years that they want the club to be self funding (which we know is next to impossible in the Championship). Presently that is what is happening.

As far as the EFL will be concerned, the Raos will be good, stable, proven owners. Don't forget they represent over 40 sides below us with far less than us. 

Only when they can't pay HMRC, wages and bills will the administrator get called in by Waggott. Some way off that whilst we have saleable players. Fingers crossed it happens sooner rather than later. Only prolonging the inevitable.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Suppose the only positive from this absolute shit show is there's less ITK wannabes on here 😊 wheres that tit Tommyrover?

He is probably still on under a different name ...

37 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Also a nice fat commission for maggot.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Suppose the only positive from this absolute shit show is there's less ITK wannabes on here 😊 wheres that tit Tommyrover?

There has never been such a lack of ITK  pretenders on here in summer so even they've given up trying to peddle fake news.

That's a real sign of the times ahead.

• Like 5