BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

10 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Not concerned he has left, he was a poor transfer. 

The concern is that Vale is his replacement.

I wonder if Sky will offer 1000/1 for Vale to score 30 goals this coming season ?

Edited by rigger
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, roverblue said:

Who’s next out the door?

Sammy, Gallagher, Dolan or Hyam would be my guess. Sammy is the golden goose don’t think the others would fetch much 

I reckon Sammie goes for 6m, 2 weeks before the season starts. Clubs know we are fucked and will just wait and pick us off.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, roverblue said:

Who’s next out the door?

Sammy, Gallagher, Dolan or Hyam would be my guess. Sammy is the golden goose don’t think the others would fetch much 

Possibly all four of them , it appears to me , this is the dying embers of the Venkys horrendous regime !

Sell everything and then put us is in administration ..

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, roverblue said:

Who’s next out the door?

As it stands right now, we'll probably get relegated. Selling any of the above and not replacing them would all but guarantee a bottom placed finish.

Hyam and Carter are our only first team CB's and are both prone to a good few months off. 

Can't believe what a state we are in. Another rough season ahead an probably 2 tubbing off our lovely rivals to boot.

32 minutes ago, rigger said:

I wonder if Sky will offer 1000/1 for Vale to score 30 goals this coming season ?

I think they'd offer whatever odds you want to get your money off you.

You're playing with 10 at this level when Vale is on the pitch.

I know he's been hyped as having the same quality as Lamine Yamal, and it's absolutely not the fault of anyone who is pinning their hopes on him but Tyjon is not going to feature heavily for the first team this year.

Unless of course they keep selling attackers and he and Leonard are the only ones in the building. 

Rovers and their PR arm the LET with a masterful dead cat amid the constant shite.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JHRover said:

It is more important to them that they keep hold of the club. Even though they clearly get no enjoyment out of it, even though they cannot / will not fund it, even though nobody really wants them here, even though their continued presence continues to drag the club further and further into the mud and down the divisions.

All because it is easier or better for their egos to do so.

They could be sensible adults and recognise they need to get out of this quickly whilst there is still a Championship club with some semblance of foundation underneath it. This would set us free, give us a chance of a new era, hand it over to people with some interest or ambition, relieve the 'burden' on them and call it a day.

But that would be the mature, reasonable, normal thing to do.

Nice, generous, caring people my ar5e. It's all about them, their financial activities and egos. Always has been always will be. They would rather rule over a rotting carcass of a club than do the decent thing and let someone else take over.

I can only assume that someone is advising them that they are only one fluke season away from being able to sell a Premier League team for profit (given the money that is now involved at the top level) and be hailed as hero's for returning Rovers to the promised land.

Its the only thing that makes even the slightest bit of sense as to why they keep hold of the club no matter how far fetched it may seem to any of us with any common sense

Or maybe I am just trying to make sense of the senseless

Edited by KentExile

3 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Chris willock on his way to Cardiff, he’s a free agent isn’t he? 

Yep

Just Rovers and Swansea (from the Championship) yet to sign a player for their first team squads now

Edited by KentExile

21 minutes ago, KentExile said:

I can only assume that someone is advising them that they are only one fluke season away from being able to sell a Premier League team for profit (given the money that is now involved at the top level) and be hailed as hero's for returning Rovers to the promised land.

Its the only thing that makes even the slightest bit of sense as to why they keep hold of the club no matter how far fetched it may seem to any of us with any common sense

Or maybe I am just trying to make sense of the senseless

I don't think we can even give them that. If they were taking such advice then surely they'd have made some sort of serious effort to get to the promised land when two glorious chances dropped into their lap in the last few seasons, but rather than try to get there they did the opposite and actually sabotaged it.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Yep

Just Rovers and Swansea (from the Championship) yet to sign a player for their first team squads now

Flecks coming soon mate! Our saviour! 14 minutes of football in 2 years, joined us initially on his Sheffield United package if the rumours are to be believed 😂 and I fully believe them given Waggotts past contract offerings.

Edited by RoversClitheroe
  • Like 1

Trying to be optimistic at the gates of hell, what impact if any is the departure of Walsheidt and Telalovic on work permits?  

I remember some rule around 4 players being allowed and as seasons progressed they have points that decline in worth? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, berkshireblue said:

Have the Rao family gone yet?

Countdown on they need to do one fast

This has to be the focus this season and from everyone, finally.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

Trying to be optimistic at the gates of hell, what impact if any is the departure of Walsheidt and Telalovic on work permits?  

I remember some rule around 4 players being allowed and as seasons progressed they have points that decline in worth? 

We won't be looking at that market anymore surely? GB now gone.

10 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

I assume you mean this rule about signing players who would not qualify for a work permit?

Pretty sure Wahlstedt and Telalovic were brought in on this rule.  Not sure about Sigurdsson, but Tronstad did qualify for a work permit as he had played enough games at a good enough level (Eredivisie).

Which means we have either 3 or 4 of those spots left depending upon if Sigurdsson takes up a spot, IF Rovers are still looking abroad after the change of the guard in the scouting dept

Edited by KentExile

8 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

Yes, think both of them were part of the 4 players on exemption work permits with the new EFL rules. Leaves only Sigurdsson at the club and 3 places available under these rules. Tronstadt qualified for a work permit because of the number of games he’s played in the Eredivisie.

If they don’t want to spend, abroad makes more sense than your 32/33 year old players with Championship and Premiership experience, even if those from abroad would command a small fee.

• Like 1