BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

16 minutes ago, FE123 said:

If they don’t want to spend, abroad makes more sense than your 32/33 year old players with Championship and Premiership experience, even if those from abroad would command a small fee.

Yep, probably why they showed interest in that Finnish lad, would command a fairly small fee but guessing his wages would be on a par with some of our academy lads, rather than someone who has experience in this league who would probably want north of 10k a week.

Which is why I found the Krul links laughable at the time, not a chance.

• Like 1

We will have played Derby(H), Stockport (A Cup), Norwich (A) by the 20th August. Then Oxford (H) 24th and Burnley (A) 31st.

If we are then able to bring players in from 20th onwards there will likely be a period of adjustment to our style/players plus clubs charge us a premium now they know we have some cash to spend. Also anyone available that was decent has probably already moved.

I know Venkys like to sabotage us mid-season but this is a new low.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Swansea jumped ahead of Rovers as  Adama Sidibeh gets fed up waiting on Rovers money men to make a move …Same pattern as last summer… Recruitment team  line up then Waggot & Co just go silent…. Rovers are a joke in the industry…. 

Was going to click 'like' for the insight, but I'd rather there were a 'cry' option, please!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Swansea jumped ahead of Rovers as  Adama Sidibeh gets fed up waiting on Rovers money men to make a move …Same pattern as last summer… Recruitment team  line up then Waggot & Co just go silent…. Rovers are a joke in the industry…. 

Not sure a 26 year old who got 5 goals in the SPL could be our saviour, but it shows what a sorry state the club is in that they cant even get these sort of deals done

• Like 2

and why do they go silent? Good luck to anyone trying to get Venky's to do business promptly.

The owner's HAVE to go for this club to progress.

Yes, I'd sack the CEO too but this is all them.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Not long now till we have fans saying it's John Park thats the problem.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

and why do they go silent? Good luck to anyone trying to get Venky's to do business promptly.

The owner's HAVE to go for this club to progress.

Yes, I'd sack the CEO too but this is all them.

Because it's window dressing to get linked with players and appease fans as it looks like something is going on.

Since Waggot and that shadow director have been in charge we've seen it time and time again they let the recruitment dept present players they have NO intention of ever genuinely pursuing. It happened under both Mowbray's later years and the JDT era.

Pair of con artists.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Not long now till we have fans saying it's John Park thats the problem.

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

That's exactly Waggott and co's aim.

And after Park, they have 736 other "heads of....." ready to fall on their swords

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Rover8T4 said:

Wonder if Leo and Semir were sold because we couldn't afford to make a payment to previous clubs.

My first thought too.

It is obvious the taps are well and truly off. I had wondered how we were affording the new army of 'head ofs' - but I imagine Waggott has simply taken JDT and GB salaries and are paying the new folks peanuts.

Eustace will be on a fraction of what JDT was on.

And through all of this.....fans left wondering, Waggot says nothing.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Trinidad Rover said:

My first thought too.

It is obvious the taps are well and truly off. I had wondered how we were affording the new army of 'head ofs' - but I imagine Waggott has simply taken JDT and GB salaries and are paying the new folks peanuts.

Eustace will be on a fraction of what JDT was on.

And through all of this.....fans left wondering, Waggot says nothing.

Gestede makes communication vow to Blackburn Rovers fans

Genuinely not heard anything from him since this quote a month ago, Waggot has taught him very well

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, B16Rover said:

Trying to be optimistic at the gates of hell, what impact if any is the departure of Walsheidt and Telalovic on work permits?  

I remember some rule around 4 players being allowed and as seasons progressed they have points that decline in worth? 

And before people start celebrating the fees like we got our money back then think again.

Both lads won't have been on big money but still thousands per week and both have been 'sold' so unless they put in transfer requests those 4 and 3 year contracts will have had to be settled under favourable terms.

Like the Ennis farce any transfer fee received will just cover the pay offs and agent fees.

So we've now paid off Broughton, Ennis, Leo and Tel in the last few months just to add a bit more to the losses column.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tomphil said:

And before people start celebrating the fees like we got our money back then think again.

Both lads won't have been on big money but still thousands per week and both have been 'sold' so unless they put in transfer requests those 4 and 3 year contracts will have had to be settled under favourable terms.

Like the Ennis farce any transfer fee received will just cover the pay offs and agent fees.

So we've now paid off Broughton, Ennis, Leo and Tel in the last few months just to add a bit more to the losses column.

It is a great investment that they are protecting and stating as fact in their reasons for requesting their funds.

Those two bond payments look like they are seriously at risk to me. 

• Like 2

Suhail cementing his and Steve's positions for the forseeable.

'Look what we've done boss we've bought in 20 million so far with another lump to come, then we'll grow another team'

What about league position ?

'We'll stay again, once Steve secures Flecky and Fadzy and John uses our great youth system we'll go one place better this season'

Excellent, see you next summer.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Suhail cementing his and Steve's positions for the forseeable.

'Look what we've done boss we've bought in 20 million so far with another lump to come, then we'll grow another team'

What about league position ?

'We'll stay again, once Steve secures Flecky and Fadzy and John uses our great youth system we'll go one place better this season'

Excellent, see you next summer.

Yup.

If Eustace has any integrity or ambition he'll walk.

Same as JDT did once he realised.

Edited by RoversClitheroe
  • Like 1