BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

I suspect the only chance of us buying anyone rests on Sammi being transferred.

If we get £15M for him, the Club might be able to spend £5M. That's being optimistic and its clear that the squad is being weakened season by season. 

Relegation inevitable, probably sooner rather than later.

37 minutes ago, 47er said:

I suspect the only chance of us buying anyone rests on Sammi being transferred.

If we get £15M for him, the Club might be able to spend £5M. That's being optimistic and its clear that the squad is being weakened season by season. 

Relegation inevitable, probably sooner rather than later.

The only chance of us buying anyone is sell....x.y.z but guess what ?

Lets rehash it to the reality, the only chance of keeping the lights on for the next twelve months and pay the wages is sell x,y,z.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The only chance of us buying anyone is sell....x.y.z but guess what ?

Lets rehash it to the reality, the only chance of keeping the lights on for the next twelve months and pay the wages is sell x,y,z.

We've sold the best part of 30m worth of players in the last 6 months. Why would another 15m make any difference?!

7 minutes ago, BRFC4EVA said:

We've sold the best part of 30m worth of players in the last 6 months. Why would another 15m make any difference?!

Because they ain't sent any doe since last Novemberish so all the income is paying running costs this season, next sales (and more cutbacks) cover the next 12 months.

34 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

The long and short of it is they aren't fit and proper as it stands and haven't been for a while.

They're being allowed to run a football club in England that they shouldn't be.

The media should cover it and the local press (Jackson) should push it. Fund first team transfers or sell up.

Local rag completely in the clubs' pocket and the national press are too much involved with Kentaro and the like.

Easier to just blame the fans...

• Like 3

On 09/07/2024 at 11:05, CambridgeRover said:

Elliot Jackson stating that whilst the court conditions are in place Venkys will not provide any real budget

Just as I expected of this lot they don't care & it's obvious if they refuse to fund the club they obviously know they won't win the court case 

On 09/07/2024 at 11:09, Forever Blue said:

Eustace is saying exactly the same things JDT said  ‘the lads need some help’

I can’t imagine he’ll be happy if he doesn’t get the players he wants.

No-one would it's as bad as offering someone an excellently paid job get them to sign the contract while inserting a secret clause stating they're on a zero hours contract & lying about it people would be understandably furious 

On 09/07/2024 at 11:29, roverblue said:

IMO the club, particularly Waggot have outright lied about the severity of the situation the entire way through.

It was always shit or bust on the 20th August.

This much we know when you state the problems in India have nothing to do with the running of the club but you have to get permission from Govt to send over money it's no way to run a football club 

On 09/07/2024 at 11:31, tomphil said:

The way they fund the club means there is no chance they'll match bond after bond to allow funds transfer because they'd have to use personal money.

I doubt they've used much if any of that in their entire tenure so it isn't going to happen now and they probably wouldn't trust their own govt anyway.

Would anyone trust ours, past OR present !

I also questioned how urgent it actually was from the owners side to resolve this when they know there was half a team to sell and cut back opportunities.  Every cloud has a silver lining when you are ducking and diving business men not risking your own personal stash.

I'll be amazed if it goes ahead in August never mind being resolved if it actually does.

I wouldn't be surprised if they turn round in August and say hearing postponed till the end of January very conveniently of course 

On 09/07/2024 at 11:39, Forever Blue said:

So they can fund, but they won’t. 

That’s even worse than what the assumption was. 

FOV

Exactly they are leechs sooner they're gone the better 

On 09/07/2024 at 11:50, JHRover said:

My view is that the only time personal resources have been tipped into the equation is on the rare occasions such as when we signed Jordan Rhodes, Brereton and Gallagher. Big money signings totally out of kilter with the other business done during their tenure. This is why we see Ewood falling into disrepair, zero substantial investment in facilities.

The wages, running costs, bills get covered by the company as essential expenditure. Most transfer dosh we spend is too - covered either by prior sales or from installments on media etc. But the added extra cash - the non-essential, above and beyond costs like Rhodes and Brereton come when someone in India fancies a flutter. Probably when they're at their most engaged / ambitious be that after relegation wanting to show some determination to 'make up' for it or after promotion wanting to enjoy the moment.

In most cases those outlays recouped anyway, certainly was with Rhodes and Armstrong.

Let us not lose sight of the fact that the cutbacks started during covid and have continued since then, long before whispers of troubles in India. This suggests that the developments in India were either known to them a long time ago or that they have simply accelerated a process they'd already started of their own choice.

Yeah absolutely criminal what they've done to Uncle Jack's club 

On 09/07/2024 at 11:58, Gav said:

A transfer thread once again dominated by these abhorrent owners, court cases, lies and mismanagement, what happened Anuradha J Desai?

Friday 19th November 2010Anuradha J Desai, the Chairperson of Venky’s, said:

“We are delighted, proud and humbled to be associated with Blackburn Rovers, a team with whom we share many values and ambitions. Going forward we plan to focus on leveraging the global influence in establishing Blackburn Rovers as a truly global brand. We will absolutely respect the Jack Walker legacy and will be actively supporting the organisation to ensure that Blackburn Rovers remains one of the best run Clubs within the Premier League.

All total lies

On 09/07/2024 at 12:10, pick32 said:

How does an Indian Government have any say over 29million pounds made transferred and stored in England

Obviously because the Indian Govt have decided to toughen up the tax rules it was going to happen eventually 

On 09/07/2024 at 12:20, Mike E said:

I don’t think they do, and I don’t think they care.

Their main focus is the money leaving India for England. If they feel it isn’t justified, they won’t allow it.

That it potentially means asset stripping (as if they haven’t already been up to that in some form or another by neglect), or selling any asset worth a damn to stay afloat (or not) is irrelevant to India.

Exactly the point 

On 09/07/2024 at 12:23, lraC said:

I am pretty confident that the court will deny any further funding.

As, I have previously stated, the owners have stated that they are using the funds sent last year, since the requirement for court permission was made, to" protect their investment".

I am 100% certain that the court have been made aware that the value of the club is way less than the £200m sent so far and therefore that statement is at best miss leading.

There are other things that I am sure they are considering too and with it being a complex web they have spun, it is not in the least bit surprising that the adjournment was to August from an initial date in January. over a seven month gap, for what would have been essential funding had AW not been sold, simply does not stack up. 

The stack of cards is about to tumble and the latest musings from Elliott Jackson seem to add more weight to that thought. 

The first part is spot on of course the courts won't allow funding if they did every other big company in India would bring that country down as they would refuse to pay any tax on their investments the country would be in limbo over their own naivety!

On 09/07/2024 at 12:31, Forever Blue said:

Jackson isn’t saying the courts are prohibiting Venkys sending funds. He’s saying they can but won’t, because of the bond issue. 

On 09/07/2024 at 12:38, Forever Blue said:

Rovers have said the opposite. There is nothing stopping Venkys funding us, they just aren’t prepared to pay the bond that would need paying to send the money over(according to Jackson)

In other words they don't care 

On 09/07/2024 at 12:45, Crimpshrine said:

They are fully aware. Any quotes in the WATR MoU minutes are from Waggott.

There's no where to hide this could potentially be fatal 

On 09/07/2024 at 12:46, tomphil said:

I'm sure the 20% tax on top is also adding to the mix.

The argument is they can't get funds to England without...

A) Court approval

b) A bond of real money for the same amount.

c) A 20% tax levy on top of all that.

If they aren't seriously putting measures in place to sell the club then it's inevitable something very bad is on the horizon.

You would think so unfortunately if anyone remembers the last time they tried to sell the club all 4 members have to agree to a sale if 1 person says no the whole process falls down last time it was Balaji & Venkatesh who refused 

On 09/07/2024 at 12:59, Forever Blue said:

You think Rovers have lied about an ongoing court case?

Sadly yes 

On 09/07/2024 at 13:04, Crimpshrine said:

Waggott is being purposefully misleading. Jackson has swallowed it. 

Completely agree very creative with his words 

On 09/07/2024 at 13:08, Crimpshrine said:

They have been very clever with their words. I wouldn't say they have lied

Well they have lied we will respect Jack Walker's legacy! 

On 09/07/2024 at 13:35, K-Hod said:

So Venky’s are stopping Venky’s funding Rovers. Just as I suspected….

Exactly!

On 09/07/2024 at 13:52, J*B said:

If they win the court case they get their bond back.
If they lose the court case the bond is taken by the government. 

Speaks volumes about the chance of success in court if they'd not willing to put a bond in. If you ask me. Allegedly. In my opinion. 

They must be fully aware they've no chance with the tax authorities 

On 09/07/2024 at 14:01, Rogerb said:

The directorate of enforcement take very few of their cases to court and have a very high percentage success rate on those they pursue.

I said this from the start when it comes to the tax man no-one has any chance of winning 

On 09/07/2024 at 14:06, J*B said:

Adam Wharton ensured his hometown football club didn't go bankrupt. 

Exactly 

On 09/07/2024 at 14:08, MB Rover said:

Surely not for a club so committed to being a ‘sustainable premier league club following the Brentford player trading model’?!

You can't run anything sustainably when you're at the mercy of the tax authorities 

On 09/07/2024 at 16:27, wilsdenrover said:

12 = judge giving permission for Venkys to send £11 million to the club subject to meeting various conditions.

12A = one of these conditions - this being they had to guarantee a similar sum was available to the Directorate of Enforcement.

I hope that all makes sense 👍

Exactly so everything costs double 

On 09/07/2024 at 17:10, simongarnerisgod said:

if we have to go in adminstration to get rid of the parasites in the club then so be it,there is no future with the current regime,just a slow lingering death

Sad but very true unfortunately 

On 09/07/2024 at 17:29, rovers11 said:

The taps were turned off a year ago and I don't see them coming back on. We're essentially now a self-funding club, that has become very clear.

Why do these fools continue to own the club? It's beyond belief. 

That's the million dollar question we all want to know make no mistake they have to go 

On 09/07/2024 at 18:47, davulsukur said:

FFS, I hate these owners.

Supporting a football club shouldn't be like this.

No absolutely it shouldn't 

On 09/07/2024 at 18:52, JHRover said:

It should be fun. It used to be fun. They've taken that away from us. Even the brief moments of joy are cut short knowing they'll find a way to wreck it.

Apart from the night my man CM scored against Doncaster to get us promoted and the odd cup run it's been tragic 

On 09/07/2024 at 18:52, TheRevAshton said:

Agreed.

Especially when the football Club is Blackburn Rovers… the greatest Town Club in the history of the game, Premier League winners and historically one of the biggest Clubs in the country.

Uncle Jack would be devastated to see what they’ve done to us.

If Uncle Jack were alive today he would've tested the laws of gravity & bounced them off Darwen Tower!

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Very simple. We need new owners and new CEO who is commercial driven, understands the local area and fanbase and communicate effectively to the fan base 

One thing we agree on the whole swamp needs to be dredged of these crooks!

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

The long and short of it is they aren't fit and proper as it stands and haven't been for a while.

They're being allowed to run a football club in England that they shouldn't be.

The media should cover it and the local press (Jackson) should push it. Fund first team transfers or sell up.

Ah yes the fit & proper persons test not worth the bog roll paper it's written on 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Is there a case to take Rovers to court due to a change in what the initial product they advertised on the season ticket was?

All the rumours (by the LT) were that we had money to spend.

And now it comes out we have zero money to spend? 

Edited by RoversClitheroe
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Is there a case to take Rovers to court due to a change in what the initial product they advertised on the season ticket was?

Unlikely, but we need to rise up as one now and let these people know how we feel.

Enough is enough.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, lraC said:

Al last, I think the vast majority on here are now accepting that no funds are coming, despite the bluster and waffle, transfers in are either very unlikely or will only be based on a small percentage of what we bring in first.

Which ever way is has been dressed up, it was known in the corridors of Ewood all along, but yet again, the fans were strung along and left hoping, the club was still viable.

We can only hope that the court hearing does put the final nail in and they admit defeat and either sell or put the club into administration. 

Still lots of unanswered questions:

Is Rover Insider right that Pasha has told the owners we don’t need any transfer funds?

Does August 20th change anything or is it even relevant to funding?

Will Venkys find some transfers after that if the court case goes in their favour and they no longer have to post an equivalent bond?

12 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Take out rumours, because they are just that, what was the initial product they advertised and what has changed?!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, lraC said:

Al last, I think the vast majority on here are now accepting that no funds are coming, despite the bluster and waffle, transfers in are either very unlikely or will only be based on a small percentage of what we bring in first.

Which ever way is has been dressed up, it was known in the corridors of Ewood all along, but yet again, the fans were strung along and left hoping, the club was still viable.

We can only hope that the court hearing does put the final nail in and they admit defeat and either sell or put the club into administration. 

Have you to Elliott Jackson podcast yet? Explained what the situation is regarding the court case, Venkys funding and after this court case if it goes in the favour we spend more or not. 

We are currently looking to sign players in free transfers and loan market. Until the court case. We might a small fee signing around 500k. But nothing more I guess until the court case 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Have you to Elliott Jackson podcast yet? Explained what the situation is regarding the court case, Venkys funding and after this court case if it goes in the favour we spend more or not. 

We are currently looking to sign players in free transfers and loan market. Until the court case. We might a small fee signing around 500k. But nothing more I guess until the court case 

These are Nixons words I believe, the bloke is making it up as he goes along regarding Rovers transfers.

We won't be signing any free transfers as we can't add them to the wage bill unless they want 1 or 2k a week, nor afford to pay there signing on bonus.

Edited by MarkBRFC

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

So Jackson has completely changed his tune? Have you got a link to the podcast?

19 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

These are Nixons words I believe, the bloke is making it up as he goes along regarding Rovers transfers.

Actually Jackson from his his podcast is what he said

19 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

So Jackson has completely changed his tune? Have you got a link to the podcast?

On his twitter page or Spotify