BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

why do people hang on every word of Jackson. This fella has no street cred whatsoever , the guy got the venkygraph gig by copy/pasting on facebook for lancs not so live. 

He is clueless alls hes about is the thumbs up button on facebook. Even now he links his stuff you need to subscribe to. Biggest dosspot ever as a rovers "reporter"

• Like 1

To clarify what Jackson has now said on his latest podcast:

From talking to players, agents etc, and based on Waggott saying there was no block on funding, Jackson believes Venky’s can send money but aren’t willing to because of the bond situation. 

He also said this may change depending n the outcome of the court case. 

It seems a very reasonable assumption to me based on what Jackson is saying, and all the more reason why protests against Venky’s should be ramped up. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

These are Nixons words I believe, the bloke is making it up as he goes along regarding Rovers transfers.

We won't be signing any free transfers as we can't add them to the wage bill unless they want 1 or 2k a week, nor afford to pay there signing on bonus.

Or his contacts in the game has fed back to him that Rovers aren't offering transfer fees at the moment.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Have you to Elliott Jackson podcast yet? Explained what the situation is regarding the court case, Venkys funding and after this court case if it goes in the favour we spend more or not. 

We are currently looking to sign players in free transfers and loan market. Until the court case. We might a small fee signing around 500k. But nothing more I guess until the court case 

Yes, I have listened to it, as well as everything else that has been said too.

My opinion is and always has been that there will be no funding after the court case, either due to them being banned, or due to the current restrictions continuing, which as we have seen has meant, no money sent, since November. 

Do you think we are going to be just fine after the hearing, or do you have any worries?

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I don't think Jackson has a clue.

Not willing to arrange an interview face to face with Waggott is a disgrace in my opinion.

I agree.

He is a propaganda machine for Waggott, hence his reluctance for the interview. 

• Like 8

I just hate the total neglect for fans. It’s been 14 years of utter disregard for us. I don’t think I’ve ever gone into a season feeling so low about rovers. I just hope and pray that August court case is definitive - either that’s it, sell the club (can you imagine the turnaround in sentiment!) or start spending quickly (even then it will only plaster over the problems short term). Not sure many fanbases have suffered as much…

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Browjd said:

I just hate the total neglect for fans. It’s been 14 years of utter disregard for us. I don’t think I’ve ever gone into a season feeling so low about rovers. I just hope and pray that August court case is definitive - either that’s it, sell the club (can you imagine the turnaround in sentiment!) or start spending quickly (even then it will only plaster over the problems short term). Not sure many fanbases have suffered as much…

If we are looking at worst feelings when starting a season, then this still comes behind those we started with Kean and Coyle as managers for me.  But after those, this is right up there

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, lraC said:

I agree.

He is a propaganda machine for Waggott, hence his reluctance for the interview. 

Unfair. He said in the podcast that Waggott had only ever given 1 interview in the last 2 years and that was to the BBC. The criticism of that was implicit.

It also doesn’t mean Jackson hasn’t asked for an interview. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Forever Blue said:

Unfair. He said in the podcast that Waggott had only ever given 1 interview in the last 2 years and that was to the BBC. The criticism of that was implicit.

Eh?

You are bantering, anyone can ask Waggott for an interview and gets it, whether you believe the shit he says though is up to you.

You're telling me SW would reject a paper that he gives access to? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Browjd said:

My worry is that the court hearing in August will just kick the can down the road. I really hope not but it is a worry.

I have studied the court papers and I am 100% convinced that they are currently under an embargo and can't send any funds  without the express permission of the court for every payment. 

They have previously been allowed to send 2 payments over the last 12 months and both of those were covered by a bond.  The next court case is to decide if they can send a third payment - I guess the judge in this case will decide whether a payment can be made and if a bond is required. It is effectively a new case but, in Waggott's words, a precedent has been set by the previous 2 hearings - so he is confident they will be allowed to send money. I believe it will depend on the ED's position and whether they have uncovered any more evidence since the last hearing. The ED opposed the last 2 payments which is probably why the bond was required.

Venky's have recently sold Alexander house and this may be seen as them playing ball and cooperating with the ED - if they have returned the money to India. This may work in their favour and they may be allowed to send more money over - but probably only enough money to maintain the club with respect to wages, HMRC etc - hence kicking the can down the road.

The hearing in August is simply to decide if Venky's can make a payment. The longer running investigations by the ED could take years.

Obviously, just my take on things after researching and asking Steve Waggott a few questions.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

more venkwashing

2 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Is there a case to take Rovers to court due to a change in what the initial product they advertised on the season ticket was?

All the rumours (by the LT) were that we had money to spend.

And now it comes out we have zero money to spend? 

Think Jackson and Bayes are on 'Easy Street' and the only way to put some pressure in them is through social media.  Those who do Twitter should all pile in.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Think Jackson and Bayes are on 'Easy Street' and the only way to put some pressure in them is through social media.  Those who do Twitter should all pile in.

Bayes can say more as he's with the BBC, who as a public organisation can't be cut off quite as easy at the LET. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Browjd said:

Fans can do something about it.

The two options are, withdraw your support which many of us have or just let them, IMO, continue to p1ss all over you.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Or his contacts in the game has fed back to him that Rovers aren't offering transfer fees at the moment.

Easily done. Agents will be trying to flog players everywhere. Won't take long until a few have been turned down and questions/assumptions begin to arise. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I agree with this. It is clear that the main argument Venky lawyers put forward to the Court was that the transfer of funds was essential to ensure the club remained a going concern. 

If the club brings in income from elsewhere that negates the need for a transfer from India then that argument disappears. So if there's enough left from the Adam Wharton cash, Raya cash or a Szmodics sale then the club won't need immediate cash from India, and won't be able to argue it is essential.

So I can see this being put back to a later date when the money runs out again. This will happen, sooner rather than later, because we are somehow still losing £15 million a year and are running out of assets to sell to cover that. Szmodics, maybe Carter, then that's about it. 

It seems to me that their only plan down at Ewood is to get through month by month and hope that either the investigation in India gets dropped or that we have enough assets to sell to keep it going. 

Strong agree…👍

2 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

His contact's in the game being unleaded's comments earlier about a player getting fed up waiting from Rovers to get back to him

Edited by dingles staying down 4ever

It's a can kicking exercise now.

My guess is that the club will plod on for as long as it can living off transfer proceeeds, the August hearing will quietly get pushed out, thus giving the owners an 'excuse' not to stump up any more dosh. Rinse and repeat for as long as they can, milking what they can.

At some point in time, the well will run dry though, and we'll be in the deep stuff.