BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Eh?

You are bantering, anyone can ask Waggott for an interview and gets it, whether you believe the shit he says though is up to you.

You're telling me SW would reject a paper that he gives access to? 

Waggott has given 1 on the record interview in 2 years. That’s because that’s all he has wanted to give. Take the tin foil hat off, not everything is a conspiracy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Forever Blue said:

Unfair. He said in the podcast that Waggott had only ever given 1 interview in the last 2 years and that was to the BBC. The criticism of that was implicit.

It also doesn’t mean Jackson hasn’t asked for an interview. 

The previous LT guy was on record more than once saying he'd asked for an interview but it was Broughton who was stepping into the breach, under his own terms of course.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Bayes can say more as he's with the BBC, who as a public organisation can't be cut off quite as easy at the LET. 

He can but having listened to many of his interviews, IMO, in the main it's like being savaged by a dead sheep. 

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, JHRover said:

It seems to me that their only plan down at Ewood is to get through month by month and hope that either the investigation in India gets dropped or that we have enough assets to sell to keep it going. 

I strongly suspect that Waggott has a retirement date in mind and it won't be too far in the future. As long as he keeps the lights on until that date he will be happy as Larry.  I think Cheston got out when he did as he could envisage what may be on the horizon.   

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, FE123 said:

Be surprised if Hull are ready to sell McLaughlin on the cheap. They are in the process of selling Greaves for £20 million to Ipswich. I mean, what’s in it for them?

Unless they think he's shit?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FE123 said:

They would’ve changed their minds on him quickly. Signed a 3 year deal last summer.

Was just about to post similar. In real terms it's 4 years as they have a further 12mth option according to this which, unless tells lies like the Rovers equivalent, is likely to be correct:

https://www.wearehullcity.co.uk/news/2023/april/mcloughlin-signs-new-long-term-contract/

No chance they're selling for £500k

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

They have a new manager in place - assume he signed that deal under Rosenior?

Correct. He’s a left footer who’s considered pretty steady at this level. Again I’d be amazed if they were willing to sell a decent championship centre half for such a low fee.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

The finances in that article are hilarious. The club feels absolutely finished right now and I keep thinking back to the surprised faces at Ewood when chants of Venky and Waggott out started towards the end of last season... They must live under a rock. Too many inside Ewood appear to have a total lack of grip on reality.

Just downright embarrassing isn't it!?

After bringing in north of £29,000,000 from player sales since last summer 😅

On the bright side, is does feel like the beginning of the end for the Venky's.

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

I strongly suspect that Waggott has a retirement date in mind and it won't be too far in the future. As long as he keeps the lights on until that date he will be happy as Larry.  I think Cheston got out when he did as he could envisage what may be on the horizon.   

Exactly, although i think he'll eek it out as long as he can.

• Backroom

If that was true it’s the most damning indictment so far.

May scrape enough for a percentage of £500k

Just put us to pasture now!

• Like 4

It really is sad to see when we can't even afford to offer 500K for a defender after 29mil in player sales and targeting a 22 year old keeper who's made 3 senior appearances in Serie B! 

Hopefully this is the beginning of the end with Venky's, although I've been preying for this for the last 14 years. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Ghost7 said:

The finances in that article are hilarious. The club feels absolutely finished right now and I keep thinking back to the surprised faces at Ewood when chants of Venky and Waggott out started towards the end of last season... They must live under a rock. Too many inside Ewood appear to have a total lack of grip on reality.

What does not add up are the new "Heads of -" positions Rovers have added. Why spend money on additional staff overseeing transfers etc if we have barely anything to spend?

• Like 6