BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Saadi must have signed as he played at Accrington last week. The other two I don't know. I tried to find out who played at Hyde last Saturday but to no avail. Rovers are sending a team to Macclesfield tomorrow whilst the first team have two BCD games against Tranmere so I expect the team at Macclesfield will include a few scholars and perhaps trialists.

Neither Whitehall nor Baker played at Hyde.  Looking at the squad it was basically first year pros and the under-18's - 22 players were involved.  As you say, likely to be the same tomorrow with two games BCD at Brockhall.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Neither Whitehall nor Baker played at Hyde.  Looking at the squad it was basically first year pros and the under-18's - 22 players were involved.  As you say, likely to be the same tomorrow with two games BCD at Brockhall.

Just out of interest, did you find this info online (I couldn't find any details barring the score and goal scorers) or did you go to Hyde?

If it is online somewhere, I would appreciate if you could post a link please 🙂 

Edited by KentExile

51 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Just out of interest, did you find this info online (I couldn't find any details barring the score and goal scorers) or did you go to Hyde?

If it is online somewhere, I would appreciate if you could post a link please 🙂 

Got the info from a friend who got it from contacts at Hyde I think.  Nothing been on any website.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Got the info from a friend who got it from contacts at Hyde I think.  Nothing been on any website.

It does seem strange how the participants of an U21 pre season game is such a closely guarded secret by the club, lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, G Somerset Rover said:

In talks with Liam Cooper according to the LET.

https://tinyurl.com/y8brf75w

Averaged 17 league games a season across the last 4 seasons. Played 8 games last year. Not for me, it would be another Ayala situation. Good player, experience, but big wages and fitness will most likely let him down. 

But.... beggers can't be choosers 😐

Edited by HowzBRFC
  • Like 2

Cooper would be much more preferable to McFadzean, a promising youngster in comparison.

We do need some experience but I think the idea of getting an old fashioned aging centre back doesn't have the same impact as it did 15-20 years ago. If we sign and play Cooper then again we will have to sit 5 yards further back to compensate. He also has injury concerns.

10 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Apparently we are set to sign the keeper that was on trial as well (according to Nixon), assuming he'll be our only Goalkeeping acquisition.

Poor if so.

Poor? Its beyond shambolic - The idea of having Pears starting in net this season is crazy scary and unacceptable. This is the same keeper who made half a dozen howlers and cost us as many points as Wahlstedt did (probably more)...Before anyone mentions his shot stopping skill, Roy Kean would say "It's his job"

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 7

24 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Apparently we are set to sign the keeper that was on trial as well (according to Nixon), assuming he'll be our only Goalkeeping acquisition.

Poor if so.

The one from Everton or the Bosnian?

1 minute ago, blondie said:

The one from Everton or the Bosnian?

Everton.

I would be going all out for that keeper that's just left Ipswich, suprised he hasn't been snapped up yet.

• Like 3

The Cooper story sounds like the ever familiar 'we tried' story as it mentions A) other clubs being interested and B) wages being a deciding factor.

They'll have told Elliott to publish that story to try and give some hope that we'll sign a few and subsequently shift a few more season tickets maybe.

All so predictable and ultimately we'll end up with a young lad on loan as option Z

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Poor if so.

Which keeper is this? Depending on their profile they might not be intended to be one of our main two keepers.

14 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Everton.

I would be going all out for that keeper that's just left Ipswich, suprised he hasn't been snapped up yet.

i suspect he won`t without a club for long,he`s far to an ambitious signing for us,he`s good,will be out of our measly wage structure and he just might keep a few clean sheets and help us up the league,swag/venkys can`t be having that,look what happened with jdt,he almost had us in the playoffs,that sort of behaviour is strictly frowned upon with the shower of shite that run the club

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

Hope it happens at 6M - would hopefully be enough to make some of our fans wake up. 

I doubt it, the Facebook brigade would praise Venkys and say he's 28 or whatever and we should be thankful we're still around.

Beggars belief.

Imagine selling the top scorer for £6m and Wharton for £18m it's absolutely embarrassing.

• Like 5