BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

2 minutes ago, FE123 said:

Will be quite telling if Szmodics is involved today. The cynical side of me would say the protective boot from last weekend might be a decent excuse. I recall Hanley doing something very similar a few years back when Newcastle came calling. My money is on him not being involved at all.

He's playing.

9 minutes ago, rigger said:

I agree with everything bar the highlighted bit.

I understand why people would want to continue to attend matches and buy shirts etc. and don’t judge anyone for doing that.  Not living in the Blackburn area means it’s easy for me to switch off and boycott. It might be different if I’d been a season ticket holder and attended with family for years.
I think my main reason for doing this is because I don’t want my money going to the owners who clearly hold the fans in contempt. Im sure they think we are all thick when in reality a lot of us are far more educated and brighter than they are.  Any income is clearly not being invested in  the club. I don’t want my money going towards helping the owners save face.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, roverblue said:

wtf how have we got to £6m for our last star asset? If this is true we must be closer to going into admin than I thought 

There’s a clause in his contract apparently, which was put there when he signed his new contract. 

5 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

There’s a clause in his contract apparently, which was put there when he signed his new contract. 

If that is the case then it is farcical. 

I would have fancied getting £10M for him with a year (+ a years option) left on his contract this summer (had he not signed a new one 6 months ago)

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 5

14 hours ago, Andy said:

I was told (and posted) at the end of the season that SS would go for around £8m - it's what had been agreed between player, club and agent at the end of last season, before we went away.

Same person who told me exactly what the kits would look like back in May, right down to the roadmap effect on the pink 3rd kit.

Hasn't been wrong yet.

@KentExile

The reality is, 8-10m is probably fair for a soon to be 29 year old who's been plying his trade below the Championship for most of his career. He's had one very impressive season, but that's really it. 

We would have snapped anyone's hands off had they offered 8m a season ago and there's a good chance that 12 months from now he's coming off the back of a 10-15 goal season in the Championship where his value will drop.

I'm against selling him because we won't see any of the money and it will just weaken our team, but it's actually somewhat fair value for a player of his skill level, experience, and age. Any club signing him will know that he will have virtually no re-sell value (assuming they hold onto him until he is 31/32).

• Like 2

Just now, JHRover said:

We need to get Morecambe's secretary. They can sign 15 at once and we can't even click submit on one. 

they were all free transfers though, its the ones that cost money that seem to encounter unforeseen problems

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Cooper isn't happening, just another smokescreen like Batth last yearand Krul this year.

Experience also costs money, which we aren't prepared to spend.

Baath deal was another one that was pulled at the last minute by the owners.

How many times that's happened we'll never know but it's not the first time we've heard of them doing that and it won't be the last.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Nixon saying we’re haggling with cooper over the length of the deal - Danny Baath all over… Liam for your own sake, stay away from this club

Surely Waggott has a cunning plan. Verbally agree to a juicy multiyear deal, then present a lower salary on a one year deal when the player is in the building. Surely the player will think feck it, since I already travelled here I will sign it anyway.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Inferi said:

Surely Waggott has a cunning plan. Verbally agree to a juicy multiyear deal, then present a lower salary on a one year deal when the player is in the building. Surely the player will think feck it, since I already travelled here I will sign it anyway.

No doubt about it. Con artist at its best, inhumane, poisonous soul

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Cooper isn't happening, just another smokescreen like Batth last yearand Krul this year.

Experience also costs money, which we aren't prepared to spend.

Is there another club interested ? If there isn’t he’ll be here, if there is forget it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, KentExile said:

I would have fancied getting £10M for him with a year (+ a years option) left on his contract this summer (had he not signed a new one 6 months ago)

Prior to him scoring 30 goals? Give over.

He's earned a move and £8m is a fair price for both parties. Unfortunately it'll just go into perpetuating this Venkys nightmare rather than strengthening the squad.

6 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Prior to him scoring 30 goals? Give over.

He's earned a move and £8m is a fair price for both parties. Unfortunately it'll just go into perpetuating this Venkys nightmare rather than strengthening the squad.

He had 11 and was top scorer in the Division when he signed the contract in November

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2023/november/28/sammie-nets-new-long-term-deal-/

It was a fair bet that he would have got 15-20 by the end of the season at that stage, which to me would have made £10M for a player with essentially 2 years left on his contract a good deal for all parties

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, KentExile said:

The problem is that he may not have as successful a season next time, his value may then drop. Do you take the money now or take a chance. In our present situation I don't think we are in a position to take a chance, and in Sigurdsson we may have a ready made replacement.