BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Weird that Nathan Jones.

Spoke bullshit for ages with nothing him saying ever happening, then all of a sudden last January he said Stoke were in for Ennis randomly before it had been picked up anywhere.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

the ones who suffer, as usual.

You might not be able to rely on Stately Wayne Rooney this time. He will probably be fired again by October. 

Edited by Vinjay

2 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Comments on his post from him and someone else saying we’ve pulled away from a European target - wonder if that’s that Topi Keskinen.

We had a Bosnian bosman on trial for a few days according to Nixon, but we didn’t pursue it. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

With different owners we absolutely would have. 

Yet again, who knows. A lot of things would be very different if I or you were in charge of our club. 

26 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Brentford got £30 million for Ollie Watkins off newly promoted Aston Villa. He was 25 and had never played above Championship level and that was 4 years ago.

So for a younger Adam Wharton we may have got to that figure or higher. Granted Watkins had goals to his name in the Championship but Wharton's importance to the team can be just as big, as Palace have shown.

But Watkins is a striker and goalscorer which means premium price. Wharton's price has gone up since his PL performances have been very good and he has improve defensively also since moving to Palace. 

24 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Only because of venkys.

How have Leeds got £40m for Archie Gray?

God knows. He is solid player but I wouldn't be paying that amount of money. 

6 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Weird that Nathan Jones.

Spoke bullshit for ages with nothing him saying ever happening, then all of a sudden last January he said Stoke were in for Ennis randomly before it had been picked up anywhere.

He got the Director of football appointment announcement right. 

Lets hope he is right and we sign these players next week

Nathan Jones is the epitome of someone desperate to appear ITK in the absence of any actual knowledge. Sad act.

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Reputable poster on here (granted they haven't posted for years) 

Very vague.

Either way. They wont sell, I wouldnt torture yourself. Any approach will be ignored.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well I can't predicted what would have happened in the summer but other interested clubs couldn't make a move for him duem to the Premier League FFP rules(which are stupid and unnecessary)

The price has gone up cos of PL performances he has produced. We got 22.5 million pounds plus a sell on clause where we will get around £7.5m for him. We were never getting £30m for him. 

I can understand your opinion on that 

Well if we had signed Undav in January in the previous season maybe we would have got that promotion

I would say that since last summer, The writing was the wall for JDT. He was getting more and more frustrated by everything and his last press conference was always going to be his last match here

Good for them. 

We naturally got less than we would in normal circumstances where the sale wasnt an absolute necessity.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Eddie said:

The reality is, 8-10m is probably fair for a soon to be 29 year old who's been plying his trade below the Championship for most of his career. He's had one very impressive season, but that's really it. 

We would have snapped anyone's hands off had they offered 8m a season ago and there's a good chance that 12 months from now he's coming off the back of a 10-15 goal season in the Championship where his value will drop.

I'm against selling him because we won't see any of the money and it will just weaken our team, but it's actually somewhat fair value for a player of his skill level, experience, and age. Any club signing him will know that he will have virtually no re-sell value (assuming they hold onto him until he is 31/32).

For £6million / £8million, some club will take a chance - yes there might be a limited sale value in 2/3 years time but when only half decent strikers are costing £35million+, Sammie is a snip at that price

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

What do you really want Gestede to say during a transfer window?

He played. Also he was in the training ground pictures on Monday on Twitter training

I hope you didn't lose any money

says who? who are these people suggesting this? 

I think its has to be £15m at least. 33 goals and in his peak of his career

Szmodics makes very clever runs and knows when he wants press or not, made a run a into the channel or drops deep. His intelligence is class

Gestede - on appointment, said he was going to communicate with the fans.  Over 4 weeks since his appointment and as far as I can see / hear, he's said NOTHING.  IMO, shambolic hypocrisy.

Szmodics - I know of 2 persons with credible backgrounds (and one works in football) who understand Sammie has a release clause in his contract which is sub £10million but relates to PL clubs only; their information may or may not be right but the chances of it being right I would put at 90%.  If Sammie has such a clause, IMO, he will be gone and probably before the PL season starts - his agent should not have a difficult job finding a PL club to take a punt.  If there is no such clause, Rovers could kill the speculation at a stroke - 'Sammie is contracted to Blackburn Rovers until  June 2027 and we value him extremely highly and it would take a huge offer before we would even consider letting him leave the club'.  That is what Gesteded should be saying to kill the speculation and allay the fans' fears unless of course.................................!!!

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

We got £22.5 million for him plus a sell on fee 

He is now worth more cos he is playing regular PL football against some top quality players

Think you will find the up front fee was well shy of £22.5m and add-ons HAVE TO BE EARNED.

IMO, he was given away.  Contrast with Alex Scott, not half the player Wharton is, who last summer went from Bristol City to Bournemouth for £25million with a serious injury which meant he missed the first three months of the season.  Contrast the £40million Leeds received from Spurs for Gray - again, a player nowhere near Wharton's abilities.  Wee Dougie pulled our pants down.  We were well and truly had and it's time you stopped trying to defend the indefensible.

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Nathan Jones is the epitome of someone desperate to appear ITK in the absence of any actual knowledge. Sad act.

he gets some things right and some wrong. 

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We naturally got less than we would in normal circumstances where the sale wasnt an absolute necessity.

Yet again, who says we would have got more, None of us know. 

A sale was needed cos we need money to keep funding the club for the rest of the season and this coming season

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

he gets some things right and some wrong. 

Yet again, who says we would have got more, None of us know. 

A sale was needed cos we need money to keep funding the club for the rest of the season and this coming season

He copies and pastes stuff that journalists posts. He knows nothing and just wants attention.

I know why the sale was needed. Point being that it put the club in a really weak negotiating position which naturally leads to a lower fee.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

Even the hierarchy at Rovers know he was sold on the cheap. 

Let’s not forget how Palace out-waggotted Waggott in refusing the supposedly agreed loan back arrangement for rest of season at the last minute and gave him a take it or leave it revised low cash offer!! 
Still makes my blood boil (though obviously Adam Wharton has thrived as a result).

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, arbitro said:

So after 13 Premier League matches Adam Wharton's value has more than doubled, in fact it was reported that Bayern Munich were prepared to his £60m for him. Parrish and Freedman knew of our desperation for money and ran rings around Waggott and Broughton. They had us over and the evidence is there for all to see.

Because of the higher sell on percentage, Rovers will more than likely end up with more for Wharton than Brum got for Bellingham. 

Like the Raya deal, it will probably end up being a good one for Rovers, I say probably as long as Palace get a fee if/when he goes. 

• Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, arbitro said:

So after 13 Premier League matches Adam Wharton's value has more than doubled, in fact it was reported that Bayern Munich were prepared to his £60m for him. Parrish and Freedman knew of our desperation for money and ran rings around Waggott and Broughton. They had us over and the evidence is there for all to see.

My Palace supporting boss rates him as their best buy in years

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Gestede - on appointment, said he was going to communicate with the fans.  Over 4 weeks since his appointment and as far as I can see / hear, he's said NOTHING.  IMO, shambolic hypocrisy.

Firstly, I would say give him a chance and given we are in the middle of transfer window and actions speak louder than words. He will speak after the transfer window I am sure he will. Similar to what Gregg did

Szmodics - I know of 2 persons with credible backgrounds (and one works in football) who understand Sammie has a release clause in his contract which is sub £10million but relates to PL clubs only; their information may or may not be right but the chances of it being right I would put at 90%.  If Sammie has such a clause, IMO, he will be gone and probably before the PL season starts - his agent should not have a difficult job finding a PL club to take a punt.  If there is no such clause, Rovers could kill the speculation at a stroke - 'Sammie is contracted to Blackburn Rovers until  June 2027 and we value him extremely highly and it would take a huge offer before we would even consider letting him leave the club'.  That is what Gestede should be saying to kill the speculation and allay the fans' fears unless of course.................................!!!

They hasn't been any speculation about Szmodics for the last 4 or 5 weeks as far as I am aware. 

Think you will find the up front fee was well shy of £22.5m and add-ons HAVE TO BE EARNED.

IMO, he was given away.  Contrast with Alex Scott, not half the player Wharton is, who last summer went from Bristol City to Bournemouth for £25million with a serious injury which meant he missed the first three months of the season.  Contrast the £40million Leeds received from Spurs for Gray - again, a player nowhere near Wharton's abilities.  Wee Dougie pulled our pants down.  We were well and truly had and it's time you stopped trying to defend the indefensible.

We got £18m plus £4.5m in add ons then sell on clause which makes about £30m deal overall

I think you will find it was fair price at the time was my opinion and I haven't changed it. I wouldn't have played those amounts for those 2 players that clubs have. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

You might want to look up what Archie Gray has just been sold for. 

30 million for him and Rodon bought for 10 million. No way is Rodon anywhere near that but FFP trickery at hand!

38 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He copies and pastes stuff that journalists posts. He knows nothing and just wants attention.

Then why are so bothered it? 

I followed him on twitter and he gets some things right and wrong. 

38 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I know why the sale was needed. Point being that it put the club in a really weak negotiating position which naturally leads to a lower fee.

I have stated my opinions on the fee for Wharton and the Rovers owners more than once. Nothing to add to my already posted opinion

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Wee Dougie pulled our pants down.  We were well and truly had and it's time you stopped trying to defend the indefensible.

'Wee Dougie' took advantage of a financially distressed club and was lauded in the Guardian of all papers for it.

Football really has gone to the dogs. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

There's nothing respectable at all with getting less than £20 million for a 19/20 year old lad who has played every week in the Premier League and been a member of the England Euros squad.

In this day and age we are at least £10 million short, if not more. He'll be worth £40-50 million now, so Palace are absolutely laughing. Venkys and Waggott are laughing because that cash has saved their arses for 12 months. Blackburn Rovers and its fans are the ones who suffer, as usual.

At the end of the day whether we got £16m or £160m it's irrelevant. None of it is going to be reinvested back into the playing squad and it's just being used to prolong these parasites being owners of our club. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Broughton had no say in the matter. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyB said:

My Palace supporting boss rates him as their best buy in years

That's quite a compliment when you consider they bought Olise and Eze recently.

47 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Broughton had no say in the matter. 

According to this he did.

“The situation accelerated very quickly with Crystal Palace in January and in 72 hours, it had gone from an offer we felt was nowhere near acceptable to one we had to have a serious conversation about.”

6 minutes ago, arbitro said:

According to this he did.

“The situation accelerated very quickly with Crystal Palace in January and in 72 hours, it had gone from an offer we felt was nowhere near acceptable to one we had to have a serious conversation about.”

And yet all of his other transfers were nixed and he was put on gardening leave almost immediately afterwards...