BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

9 minutes ago, BobbyIsh1976 said:

Seems that anyone with a remotely positive viewpoint of anything related to our club, can forget participating on this "forum".   I've only been on it two days.   It's absolutely painful.  

I really and truly want to be positive about Rovers and not just insignificant things. But there just isn't anything in my opinion. I have no issue with anybody wanting to be positive but when there is a counter argument to their positivity the 'n' word comes out in response.

Edit: For balance I really dislike the 'happy clappers' term.

Edited by arbitro
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, BobbyIsh1976 said:

Seems that anyone with a remotely positive viewpoint of anything related to our club, can forget participating on this "forum".   I've only been on it two days.   It's absolutely painful.  

There is lacking positivity and there is being fearful for the future of the club. I'd say this forum rightly sits at point two. 

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Nixon news 

We will offer Szmodics a pay rise but sell if no decision is made. We valued him at £15m 

QPR striker Dykes is a target

We have made an offer for Keeper Begovic 

None of those will happen.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

so negative everytime 

Not negative, realistic.

Begovic we'll mess about lowballing him with an academy wage if we are interested.

Dykes has 2 years left on his contract and will command a fair fee, who is paying that? You? Because it won't be venkys.

Szmodics new contact good grief, thts just insulting our intelligence. It's the Diaz new contract all over again.

If you have followed anything to do with the club over the past year or so you will know that none of those moves are realistic.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 8

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I really and truly want to be positive about Rovers and not just insignificant things. But there just isn't anything in my opinion. I have no issue with anybody wanting to be positive but when there is a counter argument to their positivity the 'n' word comes out in response.

Edit: For balance I really dislike the 'happy clappers' term.

I'll 100% be classed as a happy clapper.   I'll 100% take that.   

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nixon news 

We will offer Szmodics a pay rise but sell if no decision is made. We valued him at £15m 

I don't believe that for a second. 

We've heard similar many times under Waggott's 'stewardship' - about how we are supposedly offering players better terms, trying to keep them here, bigger wages. Yet each and every time the player has moved on elsewhere. Either we aren't offering pay rises or we are but we are talking pitiful amounts that are never going to be successful.

It works though, because in one swoop it shifts blame and responsibility away from Rovers who are now seen to be 'trying' to keep their best players and willing to do what is needed - and on to the player who is seen as to blame for not accepting what we are offering and forcing Rovers to cash in to protect the investment.

A familiar old tale. The end result will be Szmodics sold, money disappears and muppets online saying we had to sell because he refused to sign a new deal and we 'did all we could'. 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nixon news 

So we’ll offer Sammie a derisory pay rise which we know he won’t accept, and then use his refusal as a reason to sell. Sounds very convenient.

Edited by Forever Blue
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Lyndon Dykes and Asmir Begovic? Deary me.

No way will we be able to buy Dykes but hes crap anyway. 

Begovic, another player far too old who QPR fans were happy to get shut of.

Hopefully Nixon is making this up again.

Nixon has been right all summer on the behind the scenes changes and you are very quick to dismissed every source of info out there!

Dykes deal would either have to be swap deal or we would need a sale to help buy him. Dykes has 34 goals at this level in 4 seasons at this level. Plus he offered a proper physical target man up front we actually lack and gives something different

Where are these QPR fans who wanted rid of Begovic who played 46 games and kept 13 clean sheets last season? 

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Can you blame him? 

the season hasn't even started yet? Lets see what our squad is and who we sign and sell before the window

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Dykes got an injury keeping him out of the Euros.

so what? Dykes is set to return to training tomorrow. 

9 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Not negative, realistic.

Begovic we'll mess about lowballing him with an academy wage if we are interested.

Dykes has 2 years left on his contract and will command a fair fee, who is paying that? You? Because it won't be venkys.

Szmodics new contact good grief, thts just insulting our intelligence. It's the Diaz new contract all over again.

If you have followed anything to do with the club over the past year or so you will know that none of those moves are realistic.

As I said we would have to sell someone like Gallagher or swap Gallagher to get him. 

Szmodics is very different situation to BBD as he has technically 3 years left on his contract

I have followed this club for over 34 years thanks and I followed everything closely every single day. 

3 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

So we’ll offer Sammie a derisory pay rise which we know he won’t accept, and then use his refusal as a reason to sell. Sounds very convenient.

He is our top wage earner I would guess and given he still has 3 years left on his contract, 

11 minutes ago, JHRover said:

A familiar old tale. The end result will be Szmodics sold, money disappears and muppets online saying we had to sell because he refused to sign a new deal and we 'did all we could'. 

Whilst completely ignoring that he effectively still has 3 years left on his current deal which keeps him under contract until he is nearly 32 years old

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Szmodics value will be at his highest now…It’s only going to de value due to his age…We sadly need to sell this window however it doesn’t matter as the money disappears anyway…Szmodics will be sold I guarantee!

And so will anyone else if an offer is made for them ..

Carter , JRC and Hyam who would probably jump at the chance , are favourites to leave imo.

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nixon has been right all summer on the behind the scenes changes and you are very quick to dismissed every source of info out there!

Dykes deal would either have to be swap deal or we would need a sale to help buy him. Dykes has 34 goals at this level in 4 seasons at this level. Plus he offered a proper physical target man up front we actually lack and gives something different

Where are these QPR fans who wanted rid of Begovic who played 46 games and kept 13 clean sheets last season? 

the season hasn't even started yet? Lets see what our squad is and who we sign and sell before the window

Dykes has 6, 8 and 8 goals in his last 3 seasons, bearing in mind that's in 112 appearances. Those are Gallagher style stats, he has 3, 8 and 9 but in less game (95).

I know you enjoy turd polishing but if you'd be happy with that kind of signing the mind boggles.

Thankfully I don't for 1 minute believe we're interested anyway, Nixon links us every transfer window, added to the fact he signed a new 3 year deal this time last year.

• Like 3