BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

6 minutes ago, BobbyIsh1976 said:

We're playing Burnley.   Twice. 

Nothing to be positive about there.

Haven't beat them since 2010, and haven't scored against them since 2014, losing the last 6 in a row.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

It appears the first Wharton installment hasn't even got us through the summer so no way does it get us through the season. Something does not add up

The first instalment would have been paid when the transfer happened I guess with 2 6 months instalment after that. Then add Raya money and other income get you through this season

35 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Szmodics value will be at his highest now…It’s only going to de value due to his age…We sadly need to sell this window however it doesn’t matter as the money disappears anyway…Szmodics will be sold I guarantee!

For an undisclosed fee of around 8 million.

The spin by the arch spinmyster is now being directed onto the player, how are Rovers in any position to offer Szmodics a new improved contract ?

They aren't, it's bollocks all that's happened in the last week is an attempt to get the auction going and get him sold.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

How many games at Ewood did you enjoy last season? It was painful

I suppose it's what you take away from it I guess.  You can either go in to it all doom and gloom, or enjoy the ride.   It's what we pay our money for.   

3 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

The heart agrees you but the head does not

No worries mate.   I'm in the fortunate position where, I'm not one of those who tries to understand what's happening in India and in the corridors.  I'm just there for the football.  

Ah the 12 monthly Lyndon Dykes rumours have surfaced again. He’s not got a great goal scoring record but QPR have been a very poor side over the last few years.

Presume either his agent is trying to push for a move or someone within rovers likes him as this continues to resurface.

FWIW I think we could do a lot worse. He’s clearly got something about him from his performances for Scotland and we will never again buy a forward with a goal every other game record in the championship whilst venky’s are at the helm.

His hold up play is better than Gallagher’s and he’s certainly a threat in the air.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

JH, We will sign players and lets see who we sign. 

If you look at our starting 11 yesterday I would say where we need to improve and buy a new player is 9 role and keeper. I am happy with the other 9 players plus Hedges, Duru, O'Riordan, Gent, Buckley, Garrett, Sigurdsson, Tyjon and Leonard to back that up. Then add 3 or 4 more to that squad. We can have a decent seasob 

We have JRC, Hedges and Dolan as wingers. Just need one more. 

Sigurdsson played as a number 10 yesterday. 

JE said he wanted fast tricky wingers iirc. None of those quoted are fast. Dolan could be classed as tricky.

There’s a reason JE wants to sign new wingers. 

Edited by Forever Blue

Begovic would be a coup. Great goalkeeper. 37 is nothing in football as a goalie.

He's got great experience. Would be good for Pears. I would make him nr 1.

Edited by neophox

56 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Szmodics value will be at his highest now…It’s only going to de value due to his age…We sadly need to sell this window however it doesn’t matter as the money disappears anyway…Szmodics will be sold I guarantee!

His goals are worth a lot, if only for one season. If he can help fire a side to promotion then age doesn’t matter really because they will receive ‘silly’ Premier League money. £15m valuation seems about right to me. Szmodics will probably agree it’s reasonable. Think if he signs the contract offer on the table then he’s made captain too. 

36 minutes ago, BobbyIsh1976 said:

Plenty of local derbies on the way..... 

Th 23 other teams in the league isn’t something Rovers have had any influence on, so I can’t see how that can be linked to a positive relating to Rovers? Perhaps as a fan it’s something you’re excited about, but the only thing you can come up with when I ask “give me something to be positive about” is we’re playing lots of local teams this year - in fixtures we’re likely the underdog in?

34 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

season starts in less than 4 weeks. 

we have 2 great kits so far and the 3rd is out next Friday. 

Eustace seems to have plan how he wants to play with wingers and get crosses into the box. We just need about 5/6 signings this summer

The start of the season isn’t something under Rovers control. It has absolutely no link to Rovers, therefore you cannot possibly describe it as something to be positive about Rovers for.

The kits are great - but the person responsible for designing and implementing them has now left the club. Whilst we don’t know the reason, I would speculate as he’s gone of his own decision he has gone somewhere he thinks is better. 

Onto your final positive, Eustace “seems” to have a plan. Yet all the noises from media would suggest he won’t have the funds to implement this plan. If it was as simple as “sign 5/6 players” then everyone in the league would be aiming for promotion. We need to sign multiple experienced, high quality players. The signs so far suggest this is not going to happen. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

Th 23 other teams in the league isn’t something Rovers have had any influence on, so I can’t see how that can be linked to a positive relating to Rovers? Perhaps as a fan it’s something you’re excited about, but the only thing you can come up with when I ask “give me something to be positive about” is we’re playing lots of local teams this year - in fixtures we’re likely the underdog in?

As a fan, it's something I'm excited about.  

37 minutes ago, BobbyIsh1976 said:

I can't wait!!   Only thing pissing me off is I work weekends and I'll rarely get to a game.   I'll be backing my weak squad to the hilt.   

On the contrary if you work weekends you'll probably not miss that many with all the fixture changes to come from Sky.

Just now, JHRover said:

On the contrary if you work weekends you'll probably not miss that many with all the fixture changes to come from Sky.

He’s just making excuses for not getting behind the lads ffs. Fortunately for him there will be a lot of negs off here actually putting their hand in their pocket and supporting the team. 

More front than Blackpool that mon

32 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Eustace seems to have plan how he wants to play with wingers and get crosses into the box. We just need about 5/6 signings this summer

I couldn't give a shite how 'nice' our kits are, it's what the 11 wearing them do on the field of play that worries me.

New signings ?  Keep dreaming Chaddy.  There will be more like Barrett from Everton who is probably the next Hilton!

29 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Season starts in less than 4 weeks and yet we've still not signed a single player and have a weaker squad now than the one that just about survived last season. This is a reason to be positive? 

A realist!!!

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The first instalment would have been paid when the transfer happened I guess with 2 6 months instalment after that. Then add Raya money and other income get you through this season

Take a look at our last filed accounts for tear ending 30 June 2023.  Creditors due payment within 12 months amounted to £31million (excludes the £123 million owed to our parent).  Without player sales, we are hemorrhaging money.  Seemingly, with our owners unable, or not wanting, to fund us, this is a battle to keep our heads above water - it's an existential crisis.  Your £7million transfer fund was always pie in the sky.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So your positives are that youve decided that Eustace likes wingers and crosses even though we dont have quick wingers nor strikers who can thrive off that? And that we will look nice?

Im guessing that you would like Dykes and Begovic here? Add them as the 2 additions to the starting team that you want, where does that team finish?

Dykes is crap, his goal record enhanced by penalties is worse than Gallagher's. You keep asking for a goalscorer, he is not that  We need another striker so if we let Gallagher go to get Dykes then not only have we not improved but we still need a further striker.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, neophox said:

Begovic would be a coup. Great goalkeeper. 37 is nothing in football as a goalie.

He's got great experience. Would be good for Pears. I would make him nr 1.

'A coup' might be pushing it for someone who spent last season at one of our relegation rivals.

We do need experience and cannot start the season without a new goalkeeper to knock Pears out of the starting XI but I think it is desperate times when we are looking at people not far off 40 as good signings

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

Yeah, you're absolutely right.  Weekend workers deffo get a few more games under their belts these days.   I also have the option of going for dinner at an opportune moment and refreshing twitter for the hour. 

2 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

He’s just making excuses for not getting behind the lads ffs. Fortunately for him there will be a lot of negs off here actually putting their hand in their pocket and supporting the team. 

More front than Blackpool that mon

*She's