BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

4 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

Attention seekers aside, what date does everyone think we’ll finally make our first, first team signing?  

The way the club has been run recently - About two minutes after the transfer deadline, making it null and void

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Because he's 37 and didn't get a contract offer from QPR

and? that's proves nothing. Maybe QPR wanted a different option as keeper like they signed a keeper from Belgium

1 minute ago, davulsukur said:

Jack Barrett has been included in the squad of players listed as going to the Austria training camp.

19 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Indon't see any signings who would command big money.  Venks just not going to allow it.

The only way i see it is someone like Gallagher leaves and his fee is committed to the wages of someone else over a year or two.

But as we know it's likely virtually every penny taken in will go towards running costs for the next 12 months.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

no one has said everything is hunky dory. its just you posting this crap

in two days time on Tuesday

why do you have to assume that given he played all 46 Championship games for QPR

Errr because at his best he was a very good Premier league gk but now he's out of contract and clubs don't appear to be lining up to sign him

That said! Of the 3 veteran keepers we've been linked to so far Begovic would easily be my number 1 choice

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

are his best days behind him or not? I can't say one way or the other

I can and I will 😂...but as I say, I'd take him over Pears.

As for Dykes. We already have one donkey of a striker that averages 6 goals a season. We don't need another. At least Gallagher is reliable as a defender when we're under the cosh.

Edited by sharpysharps86

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

No actually it was Eustace who said that at the Rovers trust AGM. Did you miss it. Also you don't need quick wingers to cross a ball, Good job we didn't have Beckham cos you would be saying he isn't quick enough. 

Exactly why we need a striker who can thrive of that 

I'm open minded and unlike yourself that every player is either too old and shit like every player, or the fans of his current club say he is shit or pass it. 

I want first choice keeper and good striker. I think I have named enough on here who I would like to see. 

So penalties don't count, Better tell Sir Alan Shearer that and we are taking them off his record or maybe Ronaldo or Messi. Every time you do everything to undermined people whether its strikers who take Penalties or Southgate achievements as England managers. 

Yes if Dykes signed and we sold Gallagher then we need another one. Probably a loan striker from PL club. 

The reason that invariably most of our supposed targets fall into a category of old and/or shit is not because of a negative attitude. Its because our budget is so low, that we naturally will struggle to bring in any quality if we are having to rely on freebies and borrowing players from Prem clubs.

Dykes is one that I think is a load of bollocks anyway as we wont be able to afford him. Even if we sold someone, we know that Venkys dont do reinvesting.

You mention great players taking penalties, if you took penalties from their records, their goal record would still be fantastic. Point being, Dykes' goal record is terrible even with penalties, take them out and its even worse. I think I would rather have Gallagher and that is saying something.

58 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

and? that's proves nothing. Maybe QPR wanted a different option as keeper like they signed a keeper from Belgium

I assume Scott Wharton visited Lourdes and his dip in the magic waters worked!

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

'Only afford Dykes if we sell'. 

Despite raking in £25 mil in sales. 

Tells you all you need to know about our funding. 

There isn't any.

Terrifying, isn't it?

54 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Comes to something that when I saw Jack Barrett’s name, I instantly thought they misspelt Jake Garrett

It just has such an amateur feel to the club at the moment 

Had the exact same thought. Told myself I was wrong to think it. Then I saw Scott Wharton 😄

44 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The reason that invariably most of our supposed targets fall into a category of old and/or shit is not because of a negative attitude. Its because our budget is so low, that we naturally will struggle to bring in any quality if we are having to rely on freebies and borrowing players from Prem clubs.

Its your attitude to every link or very dismiss to people with info. Every player we have been linked with is shit or too old. If any player sign here are you going to back them or not? 

there is plenty of good players out there whether its a loan or free transfer or low cost signing. 

Dykes is one that I think is a load of bollocks anyway as we wont be able to afford him. Even if we sold someone, we know that Venkys dont do reinvesting.

I have already said how you could do it by selling or swapping Gallagher if Eustace wants to get Dykes who we have inquired about Nixon has said. I wouldn't be surprised if we do loan to buy agreement for Dykes. For me, There is a number of strikers out there who would improve our forward line whether it a loan or free or cash buy. 

You mention great players taking penalties, if you took penalties from their records, their goal record would still be fantastic. Point being, Dykes' goal record is terrible even with penalties, take them out and its even worse. I think I would rather have Gallagher and that is saying something.

you make it all up as you go along. Penalties now shouldn't be part of Dykes record but its ok when it Ronaldo or Messi. Woah. 

I rather take Dykes has his hold up play is better and given how Eustace wants to play and be more attacking and get more crosses in he would be ok. 

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its your attitude to every link or very dismiss to people with info. Every player we have been linked with is shit or too old. If any player sign here are you going to back them or not? 

there is plenty of good players out there whether its a loan or free transfer or low cost signing. 

I have already said how you could do it by selling or swapping Gallagher if Eustace wants to get Dykes who we have inquired about Nixon has said. I wouldn't be surprised if we do loan to buy agreement for Dykes. For me, There is a number of strikers out there who would improve our forward line whether it a loan or free or cash buy. 

you make it all up as you go along. Penalties now shouldn't be part of Dykes record but its ok when it Ronaldo or Messi. Woah. 

I rather take Dykes has his hold up play is better and given how Eustace wants to play and be more attacking and get more crosses in he would be ok. 

Yes, I will back any player. But equally, I will give my opinion on players linked/who sign (the ones that I know) beforehand too. I don't want us to sign Lyndon Dykes because in my opinion, he is not good enough. I dont think he will sign, if he does, I would be disappointed for us to sign what I perceive to be a poor player but still I would support him and hope he could suddenly turn into a good player.

You are twisting my argument on penalties. What I am saying that is that including penalties, Dykes' goal return at Championship level is really poor. Take those penalties out and it is even worse.

Edited by roversfan99

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Yes, I will back any player. But equally, I will give my opinion on players linked/who sign (the ones that I know) beforehand too. I don't want us to sign Lyndon Dykes because in my opinion, he is not good enough. I dont think he will sign, if he does, I would be disappointed for us to sign what I perceive to be a poor player but still I would support him and hope he could suddenly turn into a good player.

Ok then. 

why isn't Dykes good enough and given how we want to play that might actually be the player who will show his worth. If you look at his goals he thrives on crosses? 

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Trouble is Chaddy we can't find them and even if we do, they would only come to Rovers if no other club wanted them.

Why would any player want to join, IMO, the shambles Rovers are if they have other options?

If I was an agent, and I do know a couple having come across them in my line of work, I would advise my client to avoid Rovers like the plague. 

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

Any potential signing would be wise to remember the horrendous way we have treated potential new signings in recent transfer windows.

It wouldn't be the first time, hell it wouldn't even be the second, if we lined a signing up, got nearly all of it done, got the player wearing the Rovers shirt at Brockhall and having his photo taken, only to be pulled at the last minute.

You'd be a brave or desperate man to sit back and have faith that this lot are capable or serious about getting a deal finalised even if we show serious interest.

Would I want to join such a club and be utterly humiliated by having my photo in the shirt plastered all over media and announced as a signing only to then be told to pack my bags and go back to where I came from? Certainly not. Any agent would be aware of this and advise their players of it before even speaking to this gang of charlatans.

Oh but of course Broughton and Silvester have gone now so lets just forget about the reputational damage and appalling conduct of the club over the last couple of years. Nothing to worry about but the same owners, same CEO and same shadowy individual are all still here. Same people = nothing changes.

Some might want to delude themselves that corrective action has been taken, that we are now in a bright new era where the admin errors don't happen again and all is in the past with that. But it is very easy to develop a reputation whereby people/clubs/players/agents don't trust you and don't want to do business with you and it takes a long time to get it back. 

Of course anyone with a braincell at Ewood will know this and know that their shenanigans in January 2023, January 2024 (and presumably many others that didn't play out in public) will have caused serious medium to long term damage to this club's reputation in the game. Not that they give two hoots about that.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 9

7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Any potential signing would be wise to remember the horrendous way we have treated potential new signings in recent transfer windows.

It wouldn't be the first time, hell it wouldn't even be the second, if we lined a signing up, got nearly all of it done, got the player wearing the Rovers shirt at Brockhall and having his photo taken, only to be pulled at the last minute.

You'd be a brave or desperate man to sit back and have faith that this lot are capable or serious about getting a deal finalised even if we show serious interest.

Would I want to join such a club and be utterly humiliated by having my photo in the shirt plastered all over media and announced as a signing only to then be told to pack my bags and go back to where I came from? Certainly not. Any agent would be aware of this and advise their players of it before even speaking to this gang of charlatans.

Oh but of course Broughton and Silvester have gone now so lets just forget about the reputational damage and appalling conduct of the club over the last couple of years. Nothing to worry about but the same owners, same CEO and same shadowy individual are all still here. Same people = nothing changes.

Some might want to delude themselves that corrective action has been taken, that we are now in a bright new era where the admin errors don't happen again and all is in the past with that. But it is very easy to develop a reputation whereby people/clubs/players/agents don't trust you and don't want to do business with you and it takes a long time to get it back. 

Of course anyone with a braincell at Ewood will know this and know that their shenanigans in January 2023, January 2024 (and presumably many others that didn't play out in public) will have caused serious medium to long term damage to this club's reputation in the game. Not that they give two hoots about that.

Mate I'd absolutely not be going anywhere near Blackburn Rovers as a professional.

Imagine in the real world dropping an opportunity for another one then being told the budgets been pulled so the role is no longer available. Id absolutely never ever go back to that company in the future.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

The only way i see it is someone like Gallagher leaves and his fee is committed to the wages of someone else over a year or two.

But as we know it's likely virtually every penny taken in will go towards running costs for the next 12 months.

Why are they so intent on keeping BRFC ??

It totally baffles me , they are trying harder to keep the lights on , than they ever did to drive the club forward .. 

Just put us in administration now !

• Like 3

Ok so these potential signings are never gona send season ticket sales through the roof or guarantee a promotion push but I’ve No problem in signing Dykes , ok he’s No world beater but Dykes in a Rovers shirt will be more Productive than Sam Gallagher in Rovers shirt so from that sense he would be an improvement 

Same for Begovic I think he’d be an Improvement on Pears too although at 37 is reactions will start to get slower I don’t think he’s ever been great with his feet but I don’t see Eustace will play the tippy tappy football JDT did 

Liam Cooper would be a great signing but I just can’t see that happening 

45 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ok then. 

why isn't Dykes good enough and given how we want to play that might actually be the player who will show his worth. If you look at his goals he thrives on crosses? 

Because he has proven over a number of years that he is capable of scoring a reasonable number of goals at Championship level. His goal record is worse than Sam Gallagher's.

He is just a lump. Even if he does thrive on crosses, none of our wingers (Dolan, Hedges, Markanday, Sigurdsson) are good crossers or even play on their natural side.