BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

50 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

Not the point. Unless you want to name three keepers on the subs bench

Nope, but you always take 4 keepers on these trips so you can play short 6 or 7 side games during training sessions, also Benson can work with multiple keepers and one of those is good young keeper. 

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Because he has proven over a number of years that he is capable of scoring a reasonable number of goals at Championship level. His goal record is worse than Sam Gallagher's.

Is it. Dykes record is 1 goal in 4.6 games. Gallagher is 1 goal in 5.3 games. So how is his goal record record better? 

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He is just a lump. Even if he does thrive on crosses, none of our wingers (Dolan, Hedges, Markanday, Sigurdsson) are good crossers or even play on their natural side.

just a lump? just terminology there. 

Who doesn't play on their natural side out of those 4 and why haven't you put JRC there as one?  

Of that squad that are going to Austria - take away the starting XI back 4 - Brittain, Carter, Hyam and Pickering - and there are no other defenders (aside from Wharton who won't likely play this season) who have made a Championship start.

Who are we linked with? a 37 year old McFadzean and injury prone Liam Cooper... Makes the Hull guy stand out a mile yet we can't afford a few hundred £k to sign him. We'd need him plus another. But we know the score - Pickering is now a CB, Travis/Buckley are right backs and Gent is 'like a new signing'.  All sorted - no need to bring anyone in.

Can see it now - last couple of days of the window and it will be loans from the premier league with no wage contributions and a guarantee of games.

It is going to be a long season.

• Like 5

Just now, JamieUK said:

Of that squad that are going to Austria - take away the starting XI back 4 - Brittain, Carter, Hyam and Pickering - and there are no other defenders (aside from Wharton who won't likely play this season) who have made a Championship start.

Who are we linked with? a 37 year old McFadzean and injury prone Liam Cooper... Makes the Hull guy stand out a mile yet we can't afford a few hundred £k to sign him. We'd need him plus another. But we know the score - Pickering is now a CB, Travis/Buckley are right backs and Gent is 'like a new signing'.  All sorted - no need to bring anyone in.

Can see it now - last couple of days of the window and it will be loans from the premier league with no wage contributions and a guarantee of games.

I'm much more concerned about the attack than the defence. No pace, no physicality, no goals. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nope, but you always take 4 keepers on these trips so you can play short 6 or 7 side games during training sessions, also Benson can work with multiple keepers and one of those is good young keeper. 

Is it. Dykes record is 1 goal in 4.6 games. Gallagher is 1 goal in 5.3 games. So how is his goal record record better? 

just a lump? just terminology there. 

Who doesn't play on their natural side out of those 4 and why haven't you put JRC there as one?  

Has JRC ever played on the wing during his time in the first 11 for Rovers? He's almost always been at RB or CM. 

He's far too slow to be a winger anyway.

He has played two games in friendlies (games where the focus is on putting 2 sides out, and we have Hedges and Sigurdsson behind the rest in terms of fitness) so presumably is now a full time winger

We don't have wide men who naturally look to cross the ball. Dolan, Hedges, Sigurdsson and Markanday all play on the opposite side to the foot they use, if we want to go down the route of relying on crosses then we will need to have a considerable reschuffle of our wide men beyond what our resources would allow.

And even if we did, Dykes is not a natural goalscorer and that wouldnt turn him into one. He is a botton half plodder who scores infrequently.

22 minutes ago, JamieUK said:

McLaughlin would be an astute piece of business. Clearly up to this level, only 27 and for some reason available at a cut price fee. You make a good point about Cooper. We won’t last 10 games with 2 fit senior centre backs let alone a full season. We need 2 and I think presently this is far more important than any recruitment in the forward positions

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, JamieUK said:

It's the Rovers way under Venkys, budget cuts meaning that when we cant sign enough players, we make out as if its part of a tactical plan.

Duru is one that is regularly mentioned, hes a young lad with no first team experience and I think not even that much at under 21 level. I don't doubt that he is talented, hopefully he will break through at some point, but we can just automatically assume he is ready now. But we will, as we did with Batty again because we were skint. Gent has only a season on loan in the SPL playing as a wing back, again he will be assumed as a squad member now.

Pickering can cover CB, Rankin Costello can cover RB. Although due to the low numbers and the need to play those 2 elsewhere, we may have to clone them.

We have technically lost 3 defenders. Wharton is not available this season, we had Hill for half a season then McFadzean so that counts as just one player. And then Chrisene who came in when last seasons spiel about not blocking Batty's pathway proved to be more a case of we can't afford a left back, so we will hope someone with no experience instantly steps up. I expect just one in, two if we are very lucky, some spiel about promising youngsters and us finding ourselves short again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Has JRC ever played on the wing during his time in the first 11 for Rovers? He's almost always been at RB or CM. 

He's far too slow to be a winger anyway.

Eustace played him there against Stanley and yesterday from the right wing but he has pushing inside into the 8/10 role and allowing Brittain to provide the width from the right. Southgate did similar with England 

21 minutes ago, JamieUK said:

I would take Ben Chrisene back now on loan plus 

Also on Cooper he was fit for most of the season but Farke opted for Roden and Ampadu as his centre back. He was on the bench then. Liam Cooper - Stats 23/24 | Transfermarkt

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Eustace played him there against Stanley and yesterday from the right wing but he has pushing inside into the 8/10 role and allowing Brittain to provide the width from the right. Southgate did similar with England 

I would take Ben Chrisene back now on loan plus 

Also on Cooper he was fit for most of the season but Farke opted for Roden and Ampadu as his centre back. He was on the bench then. Liam Cooper - Stats 23/24 | Transfermarkt

So no, then.

33 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He has played two games in friendlies (games where the focus is on putting 2 sides out, and we have Hedges and Sigurdsson behind the rest in terms of fitness) so presumably is now a full time winger. 

Why is Sigurdsson behind in terms of fitness when he has fit all pre season and was given extra time off cos of international duties? 

No the focus of pre season is playing to tactical plan and understand what the head coach wants in terms attacking and defensively 

We don't have wide men who naturally look to cross the ball. Dolan, Hedges, Sigurdsson and Markanday all play on the opposite side to the foot they use, if we want to go down the route of relying on crosses then we will need to have a considerable reschuffle of our wide men beyond what our resources would allow.

So a left footed winger can't play on the right wing and cross the ball in. Oh right 🤣

And even if we did, Dykes is not a natural goalscorer and that wouldnt turn him into one. He is a botton half plodder who scores infrequently.

We don't the money for the natural goalscorer but we can still improve our forward line in loan or free agent or low fee market

26 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It's the Rovers way under Venkys, budget cuts meaning that when we cant sign enough players, we make out as if its part of a tactical plan.

Duru is one that is regularly mentioned, hes a young lad with no first team experience and I think not even that much at under 21 level. I don't doubt that he is talented, hopefully he will break through at some point, but we can just automatically assume he is ready now. But we will, as we did with Batty again because we were skint. Gent has only a season on loan in the SPL playing as a wing back, again he will be assumed as a squad member now.

Pickering can cover CB, Rankin Costello can cover RB. Although due to the low numbers and the need to play those 2 elsewhere, we may have to clone them.

We have technically lost 3 defenders. Wharton is not available this season, we had Hill for half a season then McFadzean so that counts as just one player. And then Chrisene who came in when last seasons spiel about not blocking Batty's pathway proved to be more a case of we can't afford a left back, so we will hope someone with no experience instantly steps up. I expect just one in, two if we are very lucky, some spiel about promising youngsters and us finding ourselves short again.

Why shouldn't Duru and Gent be consider for first team action this season?  

So if we sign Cooper/McLoughlin and Chrisene on loan would you be happy with that or not? 

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why is Sigurdsson behind in terms of fitness when he has fit all pre season and was given extra time off cos of international duties? 

No the focus of pre season is playing to tactical plan and understand what the head coach wants in terms attacking and defensively 

So a left footed winger can't play on the right wing and cross the ball in. Oh right 🤣

We don't the money for the natural goalscorer but we can still improve our forward line in loan or free agent or low fee market

Why shouldn't Duru and Gent be consider for first team action this season?  

So if we sign Cooper/McLoughlin and Chrisene on loan would you be happy with that or not? 

Not overly no. Whether its the best we can do on this budget is another question. Chrisene was underwhelming, never seen the Hull sub so dunno about him, Cooper I can see sense in to an extent although lack of pace a potential concern. And we need a right back if JRC wont be used there.

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Not overly no. Whether its the best we can do on this budget is another question. Chrisene was underwhelming, never seen the Hull sub so dunno about him, Cooper I can see sense in to an extent although lack of pace a potential concern. And we need a right back if JRC wont be used there.

Hull sub? 

Chrisene was underwhelming? really? strange comment for me. I think he is really good player and someone I would take back similar to Ayari. 

Why we do we need a right back when Duru is around and ready for the first team football for me. 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why we do we need a right back when Duru is around and ready for the first team football for me. 

What evidence do we have that Duru is ready for any level of 1st team mens football. He is a completely unproven quantity. 

You would be throwing him in the deep end by playing him and if he struggled you also massively test his mental state. 

It would be completely foolish and stupid to put any responsibility on Duru next season

Edited by CambridgeRover
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Chrisene was underwhelming? really? strange comment for me. I think he is really good player and someone I would take back similar to Ayari. 

Chrisene was mediocre at best. Good athlete but little skill. The way the squad is shaping up I do think he could be useful especially if Eustace persists with the caveman tactics from last season. If he's cheap to bring in on loan I could see it happen.

When talking about our potential wingers, it's important to remember that JRC, Hedges and Sigurdsson are injury prone. Dolan is extremely inconsistent and Markanday is not good enough for the Championship. None of them are fast.

Think Gent will be a good addition after his loan. Watched him a few times last season specially against Celtic and done a job. Covers the ground really well and in my opinion could give Pickering competition

1 hour ago, CambridgeRover said:

What evidence do we have that Duru is ready for any level of 1st team mens football. He is a completely unproven quantity. 

You would be throwing him in the deep end by playing him and if he struggled you also massively test his mental state. 

It would be completely foolish and stupid to put any responsibility on Duru next season

Exactly. He might be ready now, he might need more time and be ready down the line, or he might never be ready. Such an unknown.

Expecting him to be ready as second choice means that if he is ready, great, if he isnt then we are really light. We did the same thing with Batty last year, again forced by budget, he wasnt ready and we were left short and had to loan someone in January.

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, CambridgeRover said:

why do I need any evidence for it. 

And why think negatively about if he struggled what happens if he is good enough to have an impact and can cope mentally? 

2 hours ago, Inferi said:

Chrisene was mediocre at best. Good athlete but little skill. The way the squad is shaping up I do think he could be useful especially if Eustace persists with the caveman tactics from last season. If he's cheap to bring in on loan I could see it happen.

well we have to agree to disagree

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Exactly. He might be ready now, he might need more time and be ready down the line, or he might never be ready. Such an unknown.

Well that will be Eustace decision who seen him every day. We don't

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Expecting him to be ready as second choice means that if he is ready, great, if he isnt then we are really light. We did the same thing with Batty last year, again forced by budget, he wasnt ready and we were left short and had to loan someone in January.

Who says it was down to Budget issues? 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

And why think negatively about if he struggled what happens if he is good enough to have an impact and can cope mentally?  

Why ever buy insurance Chaddy? Just assume every thing will happen your way and life will be good right.

If you are saying that Duru can play a first team role despite him never playing a game, one might argue you are taking a massive risk. 

• Like 2

more nixon rumours

we are apparently after lyndon dykes and asmir begovic,both would be a great addition,begovic is a vgood keeper and dykes is a handful,a slow one but a handful,certainly offers more then gallagher

however,i doubt our wage budget is enough for them,got to be more nixon shite

3 hours ago, CambridgeRover said:

There's plenty being saying batty is going to be our our first team left back for the past 2/3 seasons but not seen anything of him, I expect Duru to be the same 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

well we have to agree to disagree

Well that will be Eustace decision who seen him every day. We don't

Who says it was down to Budget issues? 

If you genuinely don't think that budgetary issues have not impacted on repeated years of having squads that have been thin and have tailed off towards the end of every season then you havent being paying attention.

If we assume that Duru is ready to be back up with no evidence of mens football to back that, then if he isnt, we have the same issue that we had at left back last season. Batty was assumed to be ready, most likely as a necessity because we were limited in how many players we could afford to bring in, hence us being unable to bring in a right winger on deadline day despite a medical too, and he wasnt ready. We then had half a season of Brittain out of position whenever Pickering couldnt play and we then had to correct the mistake by signing Chrisene.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

so negative everytime 

There's nothing to be positive about sadly 

16 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nixon has been right all summer on the behind the scenes changes and you are very quick to dismissed every source of info out there!

Dykes deal would either have to be swap deal or we would need a sale to help buy him. Dykes has 34 goals at this level in 4 seasons at this level. Plus he offered a proper physical target man up front we actually lack and gives something different

Where are these QPR fans who wanted rid of Begovic who played 46 games and kept 13 clean sheets last season? 

the season hasn't even started yet? Lets see what our squad is and who we sign and sell before the window

Don't you see the irony in that 2nd statement we need to sell or swap to bring Dykes in we've just sold 30m worth of talent there should be more than enough there to buy players & before you say Indian authorities are stopping us they may well be but if it's going to prove difficult to fund the football club they should do the honourable thing & put the club up for sale they should put up or just sell & be reasonable about what they can get for the club sadly these aren't honourable people 

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ok then. 

why isn't Dykes good enough and given how we want to play that might actually be the player who will show his worth. If you look at his goals he thrives on crosses? 

We need strikers who can score not ones with poor goalscoring returns 

8 hours ago, ABBEY said:

get outta a thing of beauty they are

20240713_110533.jpg

Looking good pal I really like the 3rd kit 

• Like 2