BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

12 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

It's the Rovers way under Venkys, budget cuts meaning that when we cant sign enough players, we make out as if its part of a tactical plan.

Duru is one that is regularly mentioned, hes a young lad with no first team experience and I think not even that much at under 21 level. I don't doubt that he is talented, hopefully he will break through at some point, but we can just automatically assume he is ready now. But we will, as we did with Batty again because we were skint. Gent has only a season on loan in the SPL playing as a wing back, again he will be assumed as a squad member now.

Pickering can cover CB, Rankin Costello can cover RB. Although due to the low numbers and the need to play those 2 elsewhere, we may have to clone them.

We have technically lost 3 defenders. Wharton is not available this season, we had Hill for half a season then McFadzean so that counts as just one player. And then Chrisene who came in when last seasons spiel about not blocking Batty's pathway proved to be more a case of we can't afford a left back, so we will hope someone with no experience instantly steps up. I expect just one in, two if we are very lucky, some spiel about promising youngsters and us finding ourselves short again.

Just to play devils advocate, we all (rightly) moaned when we had Morton on loan blocking Wharton's pathway (at the start of that season Wharton had 0 first team appearances so was essentially at the same stage as Duru is now*).  And nobody can tell me that Liverpool didn't have some sort of sway, be it financial or the possibility of future loans on how often Morton played)

Not to say that all of these youngers will be good enough this season, but you do not find out until you throw them in and see if they sink or swim

Granted, in an ideal world, if they were not up to standard in the first few weeks of the season you would want someone in asap on loan to cover (whilst they have another season to develop with the U21s or out on loan), which given the clubs ownership/financial situation probably wont happen

* No I am not stating that Duru will get to the same level as Wharton

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Please don't go to city, please don't go to city 🤞🤞

Apparently he is happy at Palace.

Waggott & Suhail are allegedly praying that somebody buys him this transfer window, so we can have the money from the sell on clause,in order to keep the lights on for a few more months.

9 hours ago, CambridgeRover said:

Why ever buy insurance Chaddy? Just assume every thing will happen your way and life will be good right.

If you are saying that Duru can play a first team role despite him never playing a game, one might argue you are taking a massive risk. 

Cos I can't control what other drivers do as I found out twice(sadly).

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

If you genuinely don't think that budgetary issues have not impacted on repeated years of having squads that have been thin and have tailed off towards the end of every season then you havent being paying attention.

We tailed off for different reasons like JDT's first season where a lack of quality striker or Mowbray's last season where he was too slow to change tactics and get us that a playoff place. Neither had anything to do budgetary issues. Actually did better with smaller squad then big squad where he has loads of options like the previous season

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

If we assume that Duru is ready to be back up with no evidence of mens football to back that, then if he isnt, we have the same issue that we had at left back last season. 

If he good enough he old enough and I think he is. Plenty of others on here do aswell. 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We tailed off for different reasons like JDT's first season where a lack of quality striker or Mowbray's last season where he was too slow to change tactics and get us that a playoff place. Neither had anything to do budgetary issues. Actually did better with smaller squad then big squad where he has loads of options like the previous season

It had everything to do with budgets.

Both January's went by without a real push at strengthening the squad to get us over the line, all down to our illustrious owners.

We needed a striker in both windows and got nothing.

Infact, take away the packet of buttons we paid for Semir, we haven't paid a fee for a striker in over 5 years now.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

It had everything to do with budgets.

Both January's went by without a real push at strengthening the squad to get us over the line, all down to our illustrious owners.

We needed a striker in both windows and got nothing.

Uunder JDT, we wanted Undav who came for talks and didn't want to come. GB didn't have a plan B Option after that. 

Mowbray didn't want a striker in January in his last season as it didn't fit how he was playing. He could have signed Maja who went Stoke or Delap on loan from Man Ciyy who Mowbray turned down. 

Nothing to do with Budgets 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Exactly, clubs that are hell bent on promotion strengthen for the run in, indeed we did in 1992 and 2001, obviously no chance of that with Venky Rovers (of course we should’ve signed x, y and z - guess what? We didn’t) and we of course fell away.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Uunder JDT, we wanted Undav who came for talks and didn't want to come. GB didn't have a plan B Option after that. 

Mowbray didn't want a striker in January in his last season as it didn't fit how he was playing. He could have signed Maja who went Stoke or Delap on loan from Man Ciyy who Mowbray turned down. 

cudda wudda... take maggots glasses off

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nothing to do with Budgets 

After the O'Brien fiasco, if you believe that we would have done the necessary to get Undav over the line then you will believe anything. Venkys would have pulled the plug as they always do. 

Diaz got injured in January 2022, we then scored 1 goal in our next 9 games. Of course we needed a striker. I don't believe for a second Mowbray turned down a striker if it was seriously offered to him.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nothing to do Waggott. Maybe you and Waggott should go on a romantic date one night 🤣🤣🤣 cos you are obsess with him

I wouldn't lower myself to be in the same room as that prick let alone sit down and chat to him .Leave that to the venky nosers.

so if it's nothing to do with him what is his job description,  a term I winner lightly. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nothing to do Waggott. Maybe you and Waggott should go on a romantic date one night 🤣🤣🤣 cos you are obsess with him

Waggott the only CEO in the world of business / sport that isn't held responsible for the direction and performance of the organisation he leads.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, KentExile said:

Just to play devils advocate, we all (rightly) moaned when we had Morton on loan blocking Wharton's pathway (at the start of that season Wharton had 0 first team appearances so was essentially at the same stage as Duru is now*).  And nobody can tell me that Liverpool didn't have some sort of sway, be it financial or the possibility of future loans on how often Morton played)

Not to say that all of these youngers will be good enough this season, but you do not find out until you throw them in and see if they sink or swim

Granted, in an ideal world, if they were not up to standard in the first few weeks of the season you would want someone in asap on loan to cover (whilst they have another season to develop with the U21s or out on loan), which given the clubs ownership/financial situation probably wont happen

* No I am not stating that Duru will get to the same level as Wharton

Its more of a case that we cant assume that any novice IS ready, especially more than 1 at once before they have played a first team game as more often than not they wont be with the Wharton example being a rare exception.

If you take the Wharton example, he proved that even though we did sign a player, a graduate can and will break through regardless if he is good enough. In fact he did pretty early into the season and had been sold to the Premier League within 18 months. On the flip side and a more common eventuality, Batty wasn't "blocked" and he wasnt ready and it left us short. Our squads are always too small, if we sign a right back then it covers us whether Duru for example is ready or not. It also reduces the pressure on him. 

43 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If he good enough he old enough and I think he is. Plenty of others on here do aswell. 

You cant possibly know if he is or isnt ready. Thats the issue, no one can.

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Waggott the only CEO in the world of business / sport that isn't held responsible for the direction and performance of the organisation he leads.

I think he is held accountable for his performance. The performance he is judged on is pound signs alone. More money clawed in the more impressed the owners are.

32 minutes ago, Ricky said:

We’re going to end up with Scott Hogan aren’t we 😞 

Couple  of years ago under JDT Hogan gave us all kinds of problems, should have had a hat trick. Had a good season too scoring 10 goals.

I think it's a little bit late though for him now though, 1 goal in 26 last season.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cos I can't control what other drivers do as I found out twice(sadly).

You can't control, what your football club do either, yet you accept that things are being done by people in power, who care as much as you and that everything will turn out fine.