BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

32 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Don't know why we bother looking at this thread, (I'm as guilty as the next person) reading about players we are allegedly  "monitoring" or "interested in" or "in a race for" who we subsequently don't go on to sign.

Don't expect anything to happen until after the Court hearing on August 20th but even if we get a favourable outcome then I expect the narrative will be that "we tried our best" but didn't have time to get our targets in before the window closed ten days later.

What is a favourable outcome to the court-case ?

As Phase 1 (We need 4 or 5 new signings) of the transfer window draws to a close, we move into Phase 2

John Eustace says having Ryan Hedges back available will be ‘like a new signing’

The way things are going, Phase 3 will see Eustace gushing about how Rovers did so well to beat off stiff competition from Barrow and Chester to ensure that Jalil Saadi signed that bumper 3 year deal

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, rigger said:

What is a favourable outcome to the court-case ?

They say yes you can send some big money but we won;t continue allowing it so you need to sell the club.

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Just to clarify. You seem to think that if we don't sign a right back, its because Eustace doesnt want one.

Eustace wont get exactly what he wants. I imagine if he did, we would be spending money this summer. What he wants and what he will get wont be the same.

Eustace has been more than clear he wants 4 or 5 quality signings this summer. I have been more than clear on my opinion on Duru whilst you don't want to give him a chance in our first team, So I will ask this very simple how many signings do you want and what positions please this summer(not how many you think we will sign)? 

No manager or head coach gets exactly what they want even at City. 

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

lord of the bull**** was claiming we are singing lyndon dykes and asmir begovic from qpr yesterday,he really is a cretin of the highest order

He didn’t say we were signing them tbf, he said we were interested 

3 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

He didn’t say we were signing them tbf, he said we were interested 

that's the biggest problem with people, they see us link with players and automatic think we are signing him. No, its a player we are interested

No idea what that even means. Either we are stupidly wasting time scouting targets that we cant afford or we werent interested in the likes of Dykes and Paik in the first place. And it is more Nixon rubbish.

How can you "not be at the spending stage" with 4 weeks until the season start, as if we will be at some stage.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Eustace has been more than clear he wants 4 or 5 quality signings this summer. I have been more than clear on my opinion on Duru whilst you don't want to give him a chance in our first team, So I will ask this very simple how many signings do you want and what positions please this summer(not how many you think we will sign)? 

No manager or head coach gets exactly what they want even at City. 

I think we are short of double that. Our squad is miniscule. Basically a new team.

Goalkeeper is obvious. Centre back, ideally 2. Left back, right back unless we consider JRC a full time RB where he played his best football, but we dont.

A midfielder who can pass a ball. 2 quick wingers. Back up for Szmodics. And obviously a striker.

Then you have Szmodics, Dolan and Gallagher. If the former goes, a costly replacement. The other 2 should go unless they sign new deals, not that Gallagher should get one unless its on massively reduced wages which he wouldnt expect.

We will just get a bit of cheap padding.

• Like 2

They'll just be stringing Eustace along.

Ain't daft this lot.

They'll be worried that he'll do a JDT and throw a wobbler before the new season starts. So they'll be playing the good old tried and tested 'jam tomorrow' game as they have so many times. Telling him money coming, just not quite yet.

I think they did the same with JDT, cutting his budgets then keeping him here telling him it would soon be resolved and back to business as usual.

Waggott's already tried that one with the fans, trying to convince them that all is fine when it clearly isn't.

Wouldn't put it past them to have told Eustace when he joined that he'll get backing in the summer if he kept us up.

As we've seen here talk is cheap.

May well be a game being played. They won't want Eustace to walk and suspect he's not the sort to do so as unlikely to land a better job any time soon, but probably made assurances to him since February that as yet haven't been delivered on.

Wouldn't put it past this regime at all.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, rigger said:

Go to the highest bidder.

I genuinely want to see the lad do whats best for his career. Too many young english players have been signed up and just left to rot on the bench or in the reserves for yearsbat city because they don't quite fit into pepa pigs plans.

It's as though he sometimes signs players just to stop them going to rival clubs where he'd strengthen their team. 

Slso personally i just can't stand city 😅

As for 'going to the highest bidder' who gives a fk!! Not like any of it would be used yo strengthen our team. 

29 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I think we are short of double that. Our squad is miniscule. Basically a new team.

Goalkeeper is obvious. Centre back, ideally 2. Left back, right back unless we consider JRC a full time RB where he played his best football, but we dont.

A midfielder who can pass a ball. 2 quick wingers. Back up for Szmodics. And obviously a striker.

Then you have Szmodics, Dolan and Gallagher. If the former goes, a costly replacement. The other 2 should go unless they sign new deals, not that Gallagher should get one unless its on massively reduced wages which he wouldnt expect.

We will just get a bit of cheap padding.

might aswell get rid of the academy with your spending plans. 

Sigurdsson is seen as number 10 given Eustace's comments on the club website. JRC is seen as a winger by Eustace given how he has played. 

For me, We need a keeper, centre back x 2, winger with pace, striker who can score goals, centre midfielder depending on what we are doing with Garrett and possible left back. 

We're not at the spending stage because we masquerade as a football club.  We've had scouts go out to see the player.  We've probably had early talks with their team.  We've let the manager start thinking about styles of play, bombing wingers and aggressive strikers. 

But unfortunately it's futile, because there is an intentional road block at the most important bit - coughing up for it.  And that's by design - remember that. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

But unfortunately it's futile, because there is an intentional road block at the most important bit - coughing up for it.  And that's by design - remember that. 

i wonder if eustace is going to put up with it,it`s his reputation that is going to take a battering this season with the pathetically weak squad he`s managing (thats if there are no incomings )

• Like 1

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i wonder if eustace is going to put up with it,it`s his reputation that is going to take a battering this season with the pathetically weak squad he`s managing (thats if there are no incomings )

Unlike JDT, he will probably want paying off rather than just walking. He’d be better staying till September 1st then blasting Suhail and Waggot in an interview

• Like 3