BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

might aswell get rid of the academy with your spending plans. 

Sigurdsson is seen as number 10 given Eustace's comments on the club website. JRC is seen as a winger by Eustace given how he has played. 

For me, We need a keeper, centre back x 2, winger with pace, striker who can score goals, centre midfielder depending on what we are doing with Garrett and possible left back. 

I don't rate Sigurdsson and I also don't agree with letting players run their deals down but if he does stay, perhaps he can be back up to Szmodics. So one less. JRC was really good at right back under Tomasson, not sure a couple of friendlies means he will play as a winger nor how he would adapt. 

The academy should be used to supplement the first team, not under pressure to fill numerous spaces a year in the absence of new players. Travis, Rankin Costello and Carter are important first team players, Scott Wharton would be, Adam Wharton has just brought in a big fee, Buckley can be part of the squad too unless it is felt he is better moving on. And its a long season, if any of the others break through then great, although there is no evidence that they are ready to immediately, nor should there be pressure to. Two have ongoing injury issues, Garrett needs a loan and the others can benefit from a mixture of loans or being around the squad and should they impress then they can still have a chance without an unhealthy expectation that they have to be ready now. Im not saying never play them, I am saying we shouldnt assume that they will come through together and all be up to it, we need a bigger squad. But because we are skint thats unfortunately what will be expected.

• Like 1

Bristol taking a punt on Sinclair Armstrong from QPR. Young but 3 goals in 61 championship games doesn’t make great reading. Surely they won’t be letting both him and Dykes leave.

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

might aswell get rid of the academy with your spending plans. 

Sigurdsson is seen as number 10 given Eustace's comments on the club website. JRC is seen as a winger by Eustace given how he has played. 

For me, We need a keeper, centre back x 2, winger with pace, striker who can score goals, centre midfielder depending on what we are doing with Garrett and possible left back. 

So, you want potentially 7 players, up to 3 more than Eustace wants?

And 3 less than RF99 wants. And if we sign 3 more than you want, we might as well get rid of the Academy?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FE123 said:

Bristol taking a punt on Sinclair Armstrong from QPR. Young but 3 goals in 61 championship games doesn’t make great reading. Surely they won’t be letting both him and Dykes leave.

Armstrong only signed 1 year contract. His finishing is awful.

48 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I genuinely want to see the lad do whats best for his career. Too many young english players have been signed up and just left to rot on the bench or in the reserves for yearsbat city because they don't quite fit into pepa pigs plans.

It's as though he sometimes signs players just to stop them going to rival clubs where he'd strengthen their team. 

Slso personally i just can't stand city 😅

As for 'going to the highest bidder' who gives a fk!! Not like any of it would be used yo strengthen our team. 

Our sell-on cut would be more. In my opinion the money would be better for us, in the Rovers pockets rather than in anyone elses. 

3 minutes ago, FE123 said:

When I saw him play he looked a real handful but 3 goals in 61 games says he’s not a finisher.

35 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I don't rate Sigurdsson and I also don't agree with letting players run their deals down but if he does stay, perhaps he can be back up to Szmodics. So one less. JRC was really good at right back under Tomasson, not sure a couple of friendlies means he will play as a winger nor how he would adapt. 

If you seen the Stanley game live and a friendly highlights, JRC has been playing from the right wing but when we attacking he moves into the 8/10 role and Brittain moves in the right wing position from right back and Pickering took around meaning we got 3 at the back. Similar to what Southgate did during this tournament with the formation when attacking and defending. 

Sigurdsson was our second joint goal scorer. 

35 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The academy should be used to supplement the first team, not under pressure to fill numerous spaces a year in the absence of new players. Travis, Rankin Costello and Carter are important first team players, Scott Wharton would be, Adam Wharton has just brought in a big fee, Buckley can be part of the squad too unless it is felt he is better moving on. And its a long season, if any of the others break through then great, although there is no evidence that they are ready to immediately, nor should there be pressure to. Two have ongoing injury issues, Garrett needs a loan and the others can benefit from a mixture of loans or being around the squad and should they impress then they can still have a chance without an unhealthy expectation that they have to be ready now. Im not saying never play them, I am saying we shouldnt assume that they will come through together and all be up to it, we need a bigger squad. But because we are skint thats unfortunately what will be expected.

I don't agree, We should be bringing in our talent young players into the first team squad like Duru, Gent, O'Riordan, Tyjon. They are ready to play their part in this season first team squad. Add those 4 players to our squad to make it up 24 to 27 man squad

the squad 

Keepers - Pears, new keeper, Michalski

Right back - Brittain, Duru

Centre back - Hyam, Carter, O'Riordan, 2 new signings 

left back - Pickering, Gent

centre midfielder - Travis, Buckley, Tronstad, Garrett

Right winger - JRC, Hedges

number 10 - Szmodics, Sigurdsson

Left wing - Dolan, new signing

Striker - New signing, Gallagher, Leonard, Tyjon. 

So that's 26 players in that squad. Yes you could a couple of more signings to that squad if you wanted. 

28 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

And 3 less than RF99 wants. And if we sign 3 more than you want, we might as well get rid of the Academy?

I want 5 players unless we loan players out to play a full season at league 1 or 2 level. 

See post above on those positions I want signings 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Blackburn Rovers are interested in signing Osnabrück forward Erik Engelhardt (26), who was the club’s top scorer in the 2. Bundesliga last season with 10 goals.

Blackburn show interest in 2. Bundesliga striker - Get German Football News (getfootballnewsgermany.com)

I think that’s Telalovic in disguise. Both in looks and career so far

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FE123 said:

Think that’s the guy that had 3 or 4 good chances at Rovers , 1-on-1 with keeper iirc and blew them all 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AJW said:

Think that’s the guy that had 3 or 4 good chances at Rovers , 1-on-1 with keeper iirc and blew them all 

Reincarnation of Jason Roberts

Big, powerful, fast, strong, looks world class, until he tries to shoot

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Don't tease - he's getting prickly because we're getting nearer and nearer to the season start with no sign whatsoever of the players he has confidently predicted all summer would be coming in. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Bolton want Karamoko Dembele…Why aren’t we going for him? 

i think he`s a dubious character,was highly touted at celtic before they let him go cheaply,could`nt hack it in the french 2nd division,shone at blackpool but they don`t appear to interested,despite him now being a free agent,he must be a bit dodgy

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

If you seen the Stanley game live and a friendly highlights, JRC has been playing from the right wing but when we attacking he moves into the 8/10 role and Brittain moves in the right wing position from right back and Pickering took around meaning we got 3 at the back. Similar to what Southgate did during this tournament with the formation when attacking and defending. 

Sigurdsson was our second joint goal scorer. 

I don't agree, We should be bringing in our talent young players into the first team squad like Duru, Gent, O'Riordan, Tyjon. They are ready to play their part in this season first team squad. Add those 4 players to our squad to make it up 24 to 27 man squad

the squad 

Keepers - Pears, new keeper, Michalski

Right back - Brittain, Duru

Centre back - Hyam, Carter, O'Riordan, 2 new signings 

left back - Pickering, Gent

centre midfielder - Travis, Buckley, Tronstad, Garrett

Right winger - JRC, Hedges

number 10 - Szmodics, Sigurdsson

Left wing - Dolan, new signing

Striker - New signing, Gallagher, Leonard, Tyjon. 

So that's 26 players in that squad. Yes you could a couple of more signings to that squad if you wanted. 

That mythical new striker is going to have to be a bloody good 'un given that arguably there's barely a goal in the other 3 combined.

• Like 4