BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

11 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

So far the window is a major two fingers up to any season ticket holders.

I don't think anyone committing to a season ticket really expects much else to be honest.

The two fingers up may yet be to come.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Makrover said:

I think names are being put forward but we are reluctant to spend the money you really think we’d be enquiring without anything to buy 

Yes. Because of all the other times we've done it.

Ownership, court cases, exec issues etc etc mean very little and go over the head of most match goers - we’ll only get dissent in the ground if results are poor… but as this window will lead to results being poor we’ll get dissent in the ground.

• Like 9
  • Downvote 1

I can see only two possibilities with this new keeper, one is worryingly that he (or I suppose one of the other young keepers we already have) is seen as the competition for Pears.

The other is that we're looking to sell/release/loan multiple young goalies.

We currently have, outside of Pears:

Eastham (22), Hilton (24), Goddard (20), Khan (18), Michalski (17), Honor (18). And now Barrett (22).

That's a ridiculous amount of young goalkeepers for the U21s and U18s, plus one sitting on the first team bench. 7 goalies for two and a half teams. It was already OTT last season without throwing another one in. Surely at least two will depart even if temporarily. Feels like this lad has brought in just to let someone else go, unless we're insane enough to think he's a suitable number two.

Edit: Just remembered, Goddard is already on loan at Dundalk. So at least one more, but really I'd say more like 2 or 3 tbh, should be let go or loaned out

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 4

Seeing as there's so little going on I'm interested to hear what people can see happening by the end of the window...

Players in; for a fee, loans and freebies.

I think we'll make one cash signing (sub £1m), 2 loans and 1 free agent. None of these will start our first game.

Go!

• Like 2

Just now, bluebruce said:

I can see only two possibilities with this new keeper, one is worryingly that he (or I suppose one of the other young keepers we already have) is seen as the competition for Pears.

The other is that we're looking to sell/release/loan multiple young goalies.

We currently have, outside of Pears:

Eastham (22), Hilton (24), Goddard (20), Khan (18), Michalski (17), Honor (18). And now Barrett (22).

That's a ridiculous amount of young goalkeepers for the U21s and U18s, plus one sitting on the first team bench. 7 goalies for two and a half teams. It was already OTT last season without throwing another one in. Surely at least two will depart even if temporarily. Feels like this lad has brought in just to let someone else go, unless we're insane enough to think he's a suitable number two.

ben benson,he`s the goalkeeping pied piper

• Like 1

Just now, London blue said:

Seeing as there's so little going on I'm interested to hear what people can see happening by the end of the window...

Players in; for a fee, loans and freebies.

I think we'll make one cash signing (sub £1m), 2 loans and 1 free agent. None of these will start our first game.

Go!

Agreed cash signing being a striker, 2 loan wingers and 2 free agents in defence and GK.

https://therealefl.co.uk/2024/07/16/blackburn-rovers-transfer-blow-confirmed/

Theo Bair gone to Auxerre for £1.4 million. I wouldn't consider that a blow personally. Also mentions we're interested in Millenic Alli from Exeter, not sure if that's been mentioned before. 24 years old, scored 4 in 10 in League One (didn't move there til January, had 7 in 21 in National League for Halifax).

40 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

So far the window is a major two fingers up to any season ticket holders.

To be fair, if you bought a season ticket and expected anything other than this then you're not exactly the sharpest tool in the box.

It's exactly what anyone who has paid even the slightest bit of attention over the last eight months should expect.

I'm actually amazed we've signed anyone at all TBH.

Pears as our goalkeeper has been, is and always will be a total liability.

We will be relegated this season and he will cost us points.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I saw the post, I was quoting the post, and I summarised the post. You listed 7 players. One of them was 'depending on what we do with Garrett', and one said 'potentially', but you listed 7 signings you want. Sounds like 6 if we don't loan out Garrett.

So you will be unhappy if we sign 10 players without loaning or selling first team squad members? You'll think 7 players if we don't loan anyone out, or 8 players if we do, is too much?

Or will you just be happy with whatever the club does? Because you can just say that, you know. It will involve a lot less mental gymnastics and a lot less pointless discussions if you just say you trust the club and trust Eustace and whatever they deliver or don't, you'll be happy with.

its 5 signings with maybe 2 more depending on what we do at left back and Garrett. I would say centre back who can play left back also. So it covers that. So its 5 signings wanted with maybe 6 if we loan Garrett out which I don't think we will

3 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

Jackson saying he also understands Rovers have approached the reps of the German 2nd tier striker linked a few days ago. The striker wants to come and he’d cost about £500k

Interesting. I know nothing about him. I 

3 hours ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

Does Chaddy win with the Tuesday guess?

yep! 🤣

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

A striker who scored 10 whole goals for a side relegated to the German 3rd division. 26 years old bumbling around the German lower leagues. No thanks.

This is the market we are actually in. We have risks in the market unless we can bring in someone like Dykes or someone loan striker from a PL club. We want experience and its costs less in the overseas market

2 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

Cheers, it was a live programme on there when I clicked on that link yesterday, that had nowt to do with football. 

The link works as I update it after my post 

• Downvote 1

I think we will be down at the bottom by Halloween with people calling for Eustace’s head. For the most part people forget the shambles of numerous transfer windows that will be the root cause of the disastrous season to come.

The only saving grace might be that he showed he was a pragmatic manager who could grind results out as opposed to JDT who went for Barcelona tactics with a Bamber Bridge squad.

The only team in the league without a first team transfer shows the shambles we have become. When Szmodic goes we are royally f*cked and without buying some new wingers and strikers I think we will set a low scoring record next season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FE123 said:

We simply have to persist with overseas signings at the minute, low fees, cheap wages. This lad has miles more pedigree than Telalovic, playing two tiers above him and relatively successful. I can’t understand how people think we are going to go and recruit a striker with a proven record in England. A. These players don’t exist B. We aren’t spending money.

I understand what you are saying, But its clear that Eustace wants experience and why we have been link with a range of players like Krul, Ruddy, Dykes, Cooper and McLoughlin.

I would move for Hladky and why we haven't move for him its mystifying. Its no brainer for me. 

I can understand why Eustace wants Dykes. I would deffo bring in McLoughlin. That fee is again a no brainer for me. 

If we were to bring in Hladky, McLoughlin and Dykes I would be happy with that. Still need a right winger and another centre back

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Abundantly clear to anyone watching last season that the GK position required urgent remedial work.

If that work consists of keeping Pears at No.1, selling Wahlstedt, pocketing the cash and replacing him with a free agent 22 year old with 0 senior appearances then it seems even my admittedly low expectations might need adjusting even lower.

Barrett is coming in as third choice keeper. 

Eustace clearly wants a senior keeper and that's why we have been linked with Krul and Ruddy

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

hopefully the dire situation we are in might kick off the protests this season,there is only so much a fan can take,even the lot in the jack walker stand might stamp a few feet as if expected we are marooned in the relegation zone

I dunno, have you read the amoebas on the FB site?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Eustace clearly wants a senior keeper and that's why we have been linked with Krul and Ruddy

How do you know that?

Why are we signing players to be third choice? 

You keep saying what Eustace wants. It's irrelevant what the manager wants. JDT wanted many things and didn't get them. He had the balls to resign rather than allow the lowlife to take advantage of him. 

What actually matters is what Venkys and their minions are willing to do.

We all know, as will Eustace and the rest of the staff, what we need and what we want. I think you know the chances of getting it are slim which is why you keep saying 'Eustace wants'. He's not in control of this rotten vessel.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why would we sign a 3rd choice keeper?

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

And how the f##k do you know that.

Surely if our academy is as good as you say it is it's the perfect opportunity to promote from there for that position, no way should we be signing someone to fill that berth.

1 minute ago, Ghost7 said:

Because the first and second are so bad? 🥁

He must be shit if he's only coming in as 3rd choice with the tripe we've got in goals at the club

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I understand what you are saying, But its clear that Eustace wants experience and why we have been link with a range of players like Krul, Ruddy, Dykes, Cooper and McLoughlin.

I would move for Hladky and why we haven't move for him its mystifying. Its no brainer for me. 

I can understand why Eustace wants Dykes. I would deffo bring in McLoughlin. That fee is again a no brainer for me. 

If we were to bring in Hladky, McLoughlin and Dykes I would be happy with that. Still need a right winger and another centre back

All of that presupposes there is money to spend and every indication so far has been very much to the contrary.