BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

8 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

I think fans can moan that we haven’t signed anyone and also moan that we seem to be limited to signing German 3rd tier strikers, given we’ve just raked in about £25m in transfer fees. 

I’m surprised that needed explaining.

As I said it’s understandably frustrating as it is for all of us. However, at least we are getting someone in. Don’t get me wrong Venkys, Waggott and co need to go asap but give any signings a chance at least before slandering them. This German lad might be a solid signing. You just never know. 

I thought after Brereton we’d all stop judging players before they have played at least a season for us. 

And we have had money brought in but it sounds like they are keeping the lights on at Brockhall so until this mess gets sorted out in India we are on shrapnel. 

Edited by cmkay1999

Just now, cmkay1999 said:

As I said it’s understandably frustrating as it is for all of us. However, at least we are getting someone in. Don’t get me wrong Venkys, Waggott and co need to go asap but give any signings a chance at least before slandering them. This German lad might be a solid signing. You just never know. 

I thought after Brereton we’d all stop judging players before they have played at least a season for us. 

Agree he might be a good signing, who knows. It’s foolish to write anyone off. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cmkay1999 said:

You’ve got to laugh at our fans. People moaning we haven’t signed anyone, we then get linked with a striker, Rovers fans proceed to moan that he’s not good enough. 

For those in need of a reality check, most reliable proven championship goal scorers are expensive or taken. We have to go to the European market and try there. I actually think this German lad could be some shrewd business. A lot of Osnabruck fans like him and Bundesliga 2 is not as shit if a league as people think. Some big clubs play there and they play some high intensity football. 

We are in a dire situation, we can all agree on that, but let’s back whichever players are brought in and back the current squad. 

Don't wish to be rude but I couldn't disagree more with that.

Firstly we haven't signed anyone yet. Being linked with someone means nothing unless we actually bring them in so supporters are perfectly entitled to be concerned at the absence of signings to date.

Secondly however if we are linked with someone then it's fair to assume the Club have expressed an interest so why shouldn't we the fans be entitled to express our views on the player before he signs? Not every signing is a successful one.

If the fans express opposition to a signing and the Club sign him anyway then the situation is a bit different. You should temporarily park your misgivings and give the player a chance to prove you wrong but all this narrative that you should be in favour of everything that happens, no matter what, right or wrong is extremely wearing, it's not that different to Southgate inferring that you shouldn't be criticising England if they're playing badly.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Don't wish to be rude but I couldn't disagree more with that.

Firstly we haven't signed anyone yet. Being linked with someone means nothing unless we actually bring them in so supporters are perfectly entitled to be concerned at the absence of signings to date.

Secondly however if we are linked with someone then it's fair to assume the Club have expressed an interest so why shouldn't we the fans be entitled to express our views on the player before he signs? Not every signing is a successful one.

If the fans express opposition to a signing and the Club sign him anyway then the situation is a bit different. You should temporarily park your misgivings and give the player a chance to prove you wrong but all this narrative that you should be in favour of everything that happens, no matter what, right or wrong is extremely wearing, it's not that different to Southgate inferring that you shouldn't be criticising England if they're playing badly.

Fair points not rude at all btw, we all have our opinions. 

It’s very understandable and right that people are angry that we have no signings. So am I. 

Let’s be real though, we aren’t signing anybody with any proven record, it’s going to be players like this with a risk. I’d love for us to sign a 20+ goals a season striker but they aren’t feasible on our budget. I was too harsh saying people shouldn’t moan as everyone is entitled to an option however let’s just back the lads best we can. It’s hard enough for them as it is with a lack of signings. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cmkay1999 said:

It’s very understandable and right that people are angry that we have no signings. So am I. 

Let’s be real though, we aren’t signing anybody with any proven record, it’s going to be players like this with a risk. I’d love for us to sign a 20+ goals a season striker but they aren’t feasible on our budget. I was too harsh saying people shouldn’t moan as everyone is entitled to an option however let’s just back the lads best we can. It’s hard enough for them as it is with a lack of signings. 

Thanks for the courteous reply.

10 minutes ago, cmkay1999 said:

If this guy signs and plays he’ll get all the backing he could ask for. Unless he’s not good enough. That’s how it is at every football club.

At the moment fans are more than entitled to question the clubs ambition - or lack of it. They’re more than entitled to question why we are shopping in the market we are after bringing in £20m+ recently.

So I’m not quite sure what you’re asking posters on here to do, that they always do.

“Back the club” maybe? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, FE123 said:

I can’t understand how people think we are going to go and recruit a striker with a proven record in England. A. These players don’t exist B. We aren’t spending money.

Surely you didn't mean to say that there aren't any strikers with a proven record in England? The 'B' is the reason we aren't going to get one.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, den said:

If this guy signs and plays he’ll get all the backing he could ask for. Unless he’s not good enough. That’s how it is at every football club.

At the moment fans are more than entitled to question the clubs ambition - or lack of it. They’re more than entitled to question why we are shopping in the market we are after bringing in £20m+ recently.

So I’m not quite sure what you’re asking posters on here to do, that they always do.

“Back the club” maybe? 

It's the archetypal "Get behind the lads FFS" post.

Albeit he/she replied in very polite fashion to me.

You're right though, headline fee of £18m for Wharton plus around £5m from the Raya sell on and it's almost like Waggott and Co are hoping no-one will notice - the narrative is "Blackburn have no money" as if those windfalls never happened.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

8 minutes ago, den said:

“Back the club” maybe? 

Of course I’m not directing the backing the club sentence at all posters. Just the few who I’ve seen exclaim they won’t be coming down to Ewood this year, or who post negative upon negative comment. If you don’t come to the ground and support the team unless there is a legitimate excuse and not ‘I don’t want to send money to the Venkys’ then that’s who it’s aimed towards.

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It's the archetypal "Get behind the lads FFS" post.

Albeit he/she replied in very polite fashion to me.

You're right though, headline fee of £18m for Wharton plus around £5m from the Raya sell on and it's almost like Waggott and Co are hoping no-one will notice - the narrative is "Blackburn have no money" as if those windfalls never happened.

I tried to not type the usual post of ‘get behind the lads’ but tried to add some positivity into the chat about a potential signing.I may have read the wrong messages on here and thought that a lot of fans were turning against supporting the club with everything going on behind the scenes. Nice to know I’m wrong really. 

1 hour ago, cmkay1999 said:

You’ve got to laugh at our fans. People moaning we haven’t signed anyone, we then get linked with a striker, Rovers fans proceed to moan that he’s not good enough. 

For those in need of a reality check, most reliable proven championship goal scorers are expensive or taken. We have to go to the European market and try there. I actually think this German lad could be some shrewd business. A lot of Osnabruck fans like him and Bundesliga 2 is not as shit if a league as people think. Some big clubs play there and they play some high intensity football. 

We are in a dire situation, we can all agree on that, but let’s back whichever players are brought in and back the current squad. 

So you'd be more than happy if I signed then?

I'm totally shit and have absolutely nowhere near the required level of fitness but give me four or five grand a week and I'll play up front.

How dare we have any kind of standards! There's a team that plays in blue and white every week, what more do you fucking want! Get behind the ladz FFS!!!

What an absolute load of bollocks. Unbelievable.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, cmkay1999 said:

Of course I’m not directing the backing the club sentence at all posters. Just the few who I’ve seen exclaim they won’t be coming down to Ewood this year, or who post negative upon negative comment. If you don’t come to the ground and support the team unless there is a legitimate excuse and not ‘I don’t want to send money to the Venkys’ then that’s who it’s aimed towards.

And they don't want to send money to Blackburn it seems! Maybe that is why Venky's never go to matches ?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

its 5 signings with maybe 2 more depending on what we do at left back and Garrett. I would say centre back who can play left back also. So it covers that. So its 5 signings wanted with maybe 6 if we loan Garrett out which I don't think we will

Interesting. I know nothing about him. I 

yep! 🤣

This is the market we are actually in. We have risks in the market unless we can bring in someone like Dykes or someone loan striker from a PL club. We want experience and its costs less in the overseas market

The link works as I update it after my post 

On the player firstly, I have never heard of him like us all and we havent signed him and very well might not.

But my issue is with having to fish for first teamers in such markets. A 26 year old (so not a young lad) who has from what I can see had one season in his career above the German 3rd division, in which he recorded a fairly underwhelming number of goals in the German second division. He may well sign and be a hiddem gem, but this is very unlikely to be the standard to which we can pluck the answer to our long standing striking isues. He may be the best we can afford, and thats the issue.

I fear a season of struggling against the drop, our team has declined with key players leaving and a lot of money coming in and none being spent. We nearly went down last year and might not be as lucky this season. It seems we have very little scope for fees being spent, and if they are they will be nominal fees with low wages. It seems like we need to look for frees but again will struggle in that market with low wages and limitations on length of contract. So we then become heavily reliant on cheap loans. We have failed to conclude a single deal (are we the only Championship side?) with no sign of that changing. We may well pull one or two rabbits out of the hat, but with a squad that has been left so thin and lacking in quality, and with it being so hard to recruit any decent players, what can we really expect? Would you expect a player with 1 season above the German 3rd tier and an average goal record even then at the age of 26 to come in and bang in the goals to make a big difference in the Championship? Its one hell of an ask.

1 hour ago, cmkay1999 said:

An utterly nonsensical argument. Obviously we need players, but we need players of a certain standard. We shouldnt just be grateful to see any warm bodies in the building.

If he signs he will be backed. The team will be backed so we dont need to portray fans as bad guys.

This guy might sign and he may well turn into a steal, who knows. But its understandable that peoples concerns continue to grow.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, cmkay1999 said:

Nobody needs an 'excuse' to not go to Ewood. It's a free world. However, if an excuse was needed then I can't think of a better one than 'I don't want to send money to Venky's' 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

So you'd be more than happy if I signed then?

I'm totally shit and have absolutely nowhere near the required level of fitness but give me four or five grand a week and I'll play up front.

How dare we have any kind of standards! There's a team that plays in blue and white every week, what more do you fucking want! Get behind the ladz FFS!!!

What an absolute load of bollocks. Unbelievable.

Can you play right wing?? I mean the lad has played in the second tier of German football so may have some more credentials than you. 

Btw it is ok just say you disagree like a previous poster. Rather than acting like a 12 year old. 

Just now, cmkay1999 said:

Can you play right wing?? I mean the lad has played in the second tier of German football so may have some more credentials than you. 

Btw it is ok just say you disagree like a previous poster. Rather than acting like a 12 year old. 

Nah he's shit and so am I.

We've brought in over 25 million and are looking at players from the pub leagues of Germany. Not fucking good enough.

It's ok to post something that isn't total bollocks as well rather than acting like a 7 year old and dismissing the realistic views of other fans because they aren't just blindly positive about signing more shit players.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Nah he's shit and so am I.

We've brought in over 25 million and are looking at players from the pub leagues of Germany. Not fucking good enough.

It's ok to post something that isn't total bollocks as well rather than acting like a 7 year old and dismissing the realistic views of other fans because they aren't just blindly positive about signing more shit players.

Ahh ok fair enough I forgot you were the world’s greatest scout. And for the record, this club is in a shit state and I’ve been mildly positive about a signing. Hardly blindly positive!!  And if you read my previous posts I’ve realised that I was wrong originally and have been nothing but courteous to others opinions.

30 minutes ago, cmkay1999 said:

He has more credentials than Upside Down, but that doesn't exactly make them adequate credentials. He was the joint 16th top scorer, along with 3 other players, in an 18-team league that is worse than ours. If he were 20 years old, that might be promising, but he's pretty much at his peak age. It's unambitious, and regardless of how it turns out if we buy him, people have every right to be concerned about it when we nearly got relegated and have brought in an inordinate amount of cash. Demeaning that right because you don't like that people aren't beating the happy drum about it is closer to acting like a 12 year old than Upside Down's use of reductio ad absurdum, which is a valid form of argument used since antiquity in philosophy and mathematics. Unless the likes of Plato, Socrates, Aristotle and Archimedes were 'acting like 12 year olds'.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

How do you know that?

Why are we signing players to be third choice? 

We need a keeper for under 21 team along with Michalski

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

You keep saying what Eustace wants. It's irrelevant what the manager wants. 

He wants 4 or 5 signings this season. Experience keeper and number 9 striker. If you listened to Alan Nixon yesterday he said we are chasing players but different people want different type of signings. No one is making the final decision. That's a massive problem again

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

He has more credentials than Upside Down, but that doesn't exactly make them adequate credentials. He was the joint 16th top scorer, along with 3 other players, in an 18-team league that is worse than ours. If he were 20 years old, that might be promising, but he's pretty much at his peak age. It's unambitious, and regardless of how it turns out if we buy him, people have every right to be concerned about it when we nearly got relegated and have brought in an inordinate amount of cash. Demeaning that right because you don't like that people aren't beating the happy drum about it is closer to acting like a 12 year old than Upside Down's use of reductio ad absurdum, which is a valid form of argument used since antiquity in philosophy and mathematics. Unless the likes of Plato, Socrates, Aristotle and Archimedes were 'acting like 12 year olds'.

You can't go wrong with the classics.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

We need a keeper for under 21 team along with Michalski

We have Hilton, Eastham, Khan and Honor. With Goddard already out on loan.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bluebruce said:

The other is that we're looking to sell/release/loan multiple young goalies.

We currently have, outside of Pears:

Eastham (22), Hilton (24), Goddard (20), Khan (18), Michalski (17), Honor (18). And now Barrett (22).

That's a ridiculous amount of young goalkeepers for the U21s and U18s, plus one sitting on the first team bench. 7 goalies for two and a half teams. It was already OTT last season without throwing another one in. Surely at least two will depart even if temporarily. Feels like this lad has brought in just to let someone else go, unless we're insane enough to think he's a suitable number two.

Edit: Just remembered, Goddard is already on loan at Dundalk. So at least one more, but really I'd say more like 2 or 3 tbh, should be let go or loaned out

You can add Blake Wolsoncroft and Luke Thompson to that list, both signed scholarship terms last month and will be part of the U18s squad this season.

Edited by KentExile

22 year old goal keeper, 1 year deal? Shows the confidence of the club Ha. My eyes we need 6-7 signings that are going to improve the starting 11. We scraped relegation btw, signing cheap players (like above) doesn’t mean we now need 5-6 signings because a GK has been brought in. That area needs an experienced championship Gk. I feel some posters think just because we brought a player in we now need less signings. Nope, the squads a shambles, first 11 isn’t good enough clearly. We’ve brought in nearly 30million and I expect at a minimum that we bring in 4-5 new starter players. Not these cheap squad fillers. Players in our starting 11 should be hitting the bench making way for new improved players. 

I expect zero players coming in that will improve our starting 11. Hope I’m proved wrong but what we have been linked with looks like garbage to me. 

1 minute ago, BigHoz said:

22 year old goal keeper, 1 year deal? Shows the confidence of the club Ha. My eyes we need 6-7 signings that are going to improve the starting 11. We scraped relegation btw, signing cheap players (like above) doesn’t mean we now need 5-6 signings because a GK has been brought in. That area needs an experienced championship Gk. I feel some posters think just because we brought a player in we now need less signings. Nope, the squads a shambles, first 11 isn’t good enough clearly. We’ve brought in nearly 30million and I expect at a minimum that we bring in 4-5 new starter players. Not these cheap squad fillers. Players in our starting 11 should be hitting the bench making way for new improved players. 

I expect zero players coming in that will improve our starting 11. Hope I’m proved wrong but what we have been linked with looks like garbage to me. 

If we are being very charitable,  it could be seen as Hilton and Eastham will both be sold/loaned, a new GK will still come in to challenge Pears and Barrett will be third choice for a year whilst Michalski plays some games for the U21s.  Michalski did not play as much as he perhaps should have done last season (for the U21s) as he was needed on several occasions as the third choice GK for the first team in case something happened during the warm ups.

Do we know if U21 games are now to be played on different days than 1st team games now that JDT has gone, or was this a club decision?

15 minutes ago, KentExile said:

If we are being very charitable,  it could be seen as Hilton and Eastham will both be sold/loaned, a new GK will still come in to challenge Pears and Barrett will be third choice for a year whilst Michalski plays some games for the U21s.  Michalski did not play as much as he perhaps should have done last season (for the U21s) as he was needed on several occasions as the third choice GK for the first team in case something happened during the warm ups.

Do we know if U21 games are now to be played on different days than 1st team games now that JDT has gone, or was this a club decision?

We have two U21 squads, the main U21 squad plays most Saturdays at ewood at 3pm. First game be derby on the friday. Well that’s the clubs direction it seems. 

• Like 1