BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

We need a keeper for under 21 team along with Michalski

He wants 4 or 5 signings this season. Experience keeper and number 9 striker. If you listened to Alan Nixon yesterday he said we are chasing players but different people want different type of signings. No one is making the final decision. That's a massive problem again

All the various "Heads of...." all want different things and are all pulling in different directions? 

Who could have foreseen this?

There is a saying for this, but it escapes me at present, so I will post a pretty picture instead

Chefs.jpg

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 4

To an extent it shouldn’t matter what anyone bar the manager and DOF/head of recruitment want. They’re the 2 people in the top football positions, they set the style, coaching, etc. They need to come ro agreement on what’s needed and go for there.

Outside of that it shouldn’t matter what Waggot or anyone else including us want. Once again it would appear there are lots of hands stirring the pot which leads to further exacerbating the mess we’re in.

The cynic in me would say all these hands in the pot going in different directions only make further mess, which would suit some. No signings, no spend.

8 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

To an extent it shouldn’t matter what anyone bar the manager and DOF/head of recruitment want. They’re the 2 people in the top football positions, they set the style, coaching, etc. They need to come ro agreement on what’s needed and go for there.

Outside of that it shouldn’t matter what Waggot or anyone else including us want. Once again it would appear there are lots of hands stirring the pot which leads to further exacerbating the mess we’re in.

The cynic in me would say all these hands in the pot going in different directions only make further mess, which would suit some. No signings, no spend.

I agree, unfortunately, we have split those roles between at least 4, maybe 5 people

Eustace, Brougton's job is now done by a combination of Gestede, Owen and Park, and Ben Benson apparently also has input in GK signings.

And that is before we include Waggot/Suhail getting involved

I think your last point has more than a little truth in it

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I understand what you are saying, But its clear that Eustace wants experience and why we have been link with a range of players like Krul, Ruddy, Dykes, Cooper and McLoughlin.

I would move for Hladky and why we haven't move for him its mystifying. Its no brainer for me. 

I can understand why Eustace wants Dykes. I would deffo bring in McLoughlin. That fee is again a no brainer for me. 

If we were to bring in Hladky, McLoughlin and Dykes I would be happy with that. Still need a right winger and another centre back

Barrett is coming in as third choice keeper. 

Eustace clearly wants a senior keeper and that's why we have been linked with Krul and Ruddy

Priorities change and we have a very limited budget. Leonard and Gilsenan are going to be out for a while and with such a wafer think squad particularly forwards will need replacing. Signing Barrett is ominous.

9 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Priorities change and we have a very limited budget. Leonard and Gilsenan are going to be out for a while and with such a wafer think squad particularly forwards will need replacing. Signing Barrett is ominous.

I saw Leonard and Gilsenan were injured and not part of the travelling group to Austria but are they out for the longer term?

9 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I saw Leonard and Gilsenan were injured and not part of the travelling group to Austria but are they out for the longer term?

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24451715.blackburn-injury-latest-two-players-miss-austria-trip/

Below quotes from the above link

Leonard - has suffered a setback. Eustace ruled him out for a few weeks after the Accrington Stanley game and therefore he will continue his rehab at Brockhall.

The bigger disappointment is a fresh issue for Gilsenan. The exciting attacker missed the end of last season with an ankle problem.

Edited by KentExile

7 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I understand that Leonard has a shoulder injury and Gilsenan a thigh muscle injury. I was told months out rather than weeks. Interestingly Scott Wharton has gone to Austria to carry on his rehabilitation but those two haven't.

• Like 2

I get all the frustration with the position we are in when looking to sign players, a 2nd/3rd division German player isn’t exactly inspiring but we’ve had hits and misses from all levels over the years. 

Some bad signings from top divisions or highly rated players that I was expected much more from over the years:

Murphy, Etuhu, a bunch of Portuguese players, Barry Ferguson, Giorgios Donnis, to name a few off the top of my head. 

some good signings out of nowhere, lower or reserve divisions:

Chris Samba, Sammie Szmodics, Ryan Nelsen, Nzonzi, even Friedel!

My point is we have to cut our cloth, historically we had a strong network of scouts and managed to pluck some gems that made us a lot of money.

I don’t have confidence in this lot to get near those levels, but I’ll cling on to the hope that someone could come good, feint hope, but hope still.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, The Gull said:

I get all the frustration with the position we are in when looking to sign players, a 2nd/3rd division German player isn’t exactly inspiring but we’ve had hits and misses from all levels over the years. 

Some bad signings from top divisions or highly rated players that I was expected much more from over the years:

Murphy, Etuhu, a bunch of Portuguese players, Barry Ferguson, Giorgios Donnis, to name a few off the top of my head. 

some good signings out of nowhere, lower or reserve divisions:

Chris Samba, Sammie Szmodics, Ryan Nelsen, Nzonzi, even Friedel!

My point is we have to cut our cloth, historically we had a strong network of scouts and managed to pluck some gems that made us a lot of money.

I don’t have confidence in this lot to get near those levels, but I’ll cling on to the hope that someone could come good, feint hope, but hope still.

Great post!! Similar to what I tried to say yesterday but I worded it a bit too strongly and touched some nerves (sorry guys I’ll try to word it better next time). The European market is where we need to be, potential for cheap buys and if they come off, some profit. There will be hits and misses, every team has that not just us, but hopefully we hit more than we miss 🤞

• Like 2

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

We need a keeper for under 21 team along with Michalski

He wants 4 or 5 signings this season. Experience keeper and number 9 striker. If you listened to Alan Nixon yesterday he said we are chasing players but different people want different type of signings. No one is making the final decision. That's a massive problem again

One thing I flagged as a potential risk of a structure where you have people like directors of football/technical directors etc is conflict between parties and delays in decision making, especially at a club owned by Venkys.

You mocked and suggested that I was being negative.

37 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I understand that Leonard has a shoulder injury and Gilsenan a thigh muscle injury. I was told months out rather than weeks. Interestingly Scott Wharton has gone to Austria to carry on his rehabilitation but those two haven't.

A shame about Gilsenan. I hope he’s back soon as I really thought this season he might breakthrough. He has the talent, no question, it’s about him getting it onto the pitch at Championship level. 

• Like 1

Nothing has changed.

The manager wants Cooper, the board/owners won’t give him the length of contract he wants. 

Manager wants Krul, the owners/board won’t pay the wage he wants.

I’d imagine McFadz is too old for the board/owners, even though the manager wants him.   

We’ve just raked in £25m

But it’s ok if we go down, we’ve got a freebie from Everton as 3rd choice keeper and a young lad from Linfield. The future’s bright🥹

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lancaster Rover said:

I think people are misinterpreting what Nixon said. It’s clear the manager and recruitment team are aligned. They just aren’t getting the sign off from above to complete the deals. It’s just a repeat of last summer. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KentExile said:

All the various "Heads of...." all want different things and are all pulling in different directions? 

Who could have foreseen this?

There is a saying for this, but it escapes me at present, so I will post a pretty picture instead

Chefs.jpg

Supposedly that why Rudy has landed an apprenticeship here ?

To save the other two trying to pull it all together and be the convenient head to serve to Pune when the latest 'model' attempt doesn't work.

28 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

I think people are misinterpreting what Nixon said. It’s clear the manager and recruitment team are aligned. They just aren’t getting the sign off from above to complete the deals. It’s just a repeat of last summer. 

I’ve not seen what Nixon has said, I’ve probably worded it badly as I wasn’t inferring that Eustace and recruitment aren’t aligned, more pointing to the hands outside of that department who are involving themselves unnecessarily. That coupled with the inability/lack of desire to sign things of at VHH leaves us in an ever increasing mess 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Although if Nixon really does have the inside track again, it means a certain agency and agent are back advising Venky's.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, phili said:

Although if Nixon really does have the inside track again, it means a certain agency and agent are back advising Venky's.

Nixon will know a lot of agents. He wouldn’t be able to do his job otherwise. I’d imagine him and John Park go back a long way too. 

Edited by Forever Blue

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

We still need a first choice experience keeper, Striker, winger and 2 centre backs, so signing someone like Barrett wouldn't be on my radar at this stage unless I know he has the potnetial and we had 2 or 3 of those signings sign up 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

One thing I flagged as a potential risk of a structure where you have people like directors of football/technical directors etc is conflict between parties and delays in decision making, especially at a club owned by Venkys.

You mocked and suggested that I was being negative.

We don't have Director of football but a head of football operations, is that the same as I don't know. 

Our problem making a decision who is number 1 target and someone making a decision. Sounds to me, we have like a transfer committee approach with Gestede, Eustace, Park, Maybe Owen, Pasha and Waggott who having a say in transfers. We need decisions to be made who we want and we need experience first choice keeper, striker, winger and 2 centre backs before other positions we sign anyone. 

1 hour ago, Forever Blue said:

Eustace wants experience in terms of GK, Striker and centre back. 

We are making enquires in to players and clubs but no one is making a decision that this is number 1 target. 

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We still need a first choice experience keeper, Striker, winger and 2 centre backs, so signing someone like Barrett wouldn't be on my radar at this stage unless I know he has the potnetial and we had 2 or 3 of those signings sign up 

We don't have Director of football but a head of football operations, is that the same as I don't know. 

Our problem making a decision who is number 1 target and someone making a decision. Sounds to me, we have like a transfer committee approach with Gestede, Eustace, Park, Maybe Owen, Pasha and Waggott who having a say in transfers. We need decisions to be made who we want and we need experience first choice keeper, striker, winger and 2 centre backs before other positions we sign anyone. 

We are making enquires in to players and clubs but no one is making a decision that this is number 1 target. 

So you can now see that you writing off my concerns as me being negative actually were valid. Having too many layers of staff carries a risk of causing additional conflict, especially under owners as negligent as ours.

To be honest, I dont think that too many people is the primary problem. I suspect the owners simply wont sign off any signings.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The manager and recruitment team will decide who the targets are. Waggott et al will decide if the money is there to meet the player’s agents demands. Just like last summer.

Nothing has changed. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

So you can now see that you writing off my concerns as me being negative actually were valid. Having too many layers of staff carries a risk of causing additional conflict, especially under owners as negligent as ours.

To be honest, I dont think that too many people is the primary problem. I suspect the owners simply wont sign off any signings.

The problem isn't having sporting director/head coach structure but far too people getting involved. Looking at it, we need decisions on who are main targets are and go and get them. 

One of the owners need to be here during the transfer window to make a decision maker and able to make quick decision