BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The problem isn't having sporting director/head coach structure but far too people getting involved. Looking at it, we need decisions on who are main targets are and go and get them. 

One of the owners need to be here during the transfer window to make a decision maker and able to make quick decision 

Delusional. The issue is lack of money. It’s not that we have so many options we don’t know who to go for🤣

• Like 4

16 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

A striker who scored 10 whole goals for a side relegated to the German 3rd division. 26 years old bumbling around the German lower leagues. No thanks.

Well.... Szmodics could had been relegated to the english 3rd division if he hadnt scored two goals in the last game.... dont judge this one yet.... far better than Telalovic. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, neophox said:

Well.... Szmodics could had been relegated to the english 3rd division if he hadnt scored two goals in the last game.... dont judge this one yet.... far better than Telalovic. 

He probably wont even sign. But Telalovic is a low bar. 

He might be a gem but a striker with only 1 average season below the German 3rd tier hardly suggests that we will sign the required quality to stay up.

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The problem isn't having sporting director/head coach structure but far too people getting involved. Looking at it, we need decisions on who are main targets are and go and get them. 

One of the owners need to be here during the transfer window to make a decision maker and able to make quick decision 

These owners continue to fuck us over unfortunately. No budget and even getting deals done within that proving impossible.

20 minutes ago, tugayislegend said:

Is there no championship strikers out of contract that wouldn't command in excess of 12k a week?

I mentioned one last week who Eustace would know very well from his time at Birmingham, Scott Hogan. Probably falls into the ‘gash’ category but wouldn’t surprise me. 

7 minutes ago, Ricky said:

I mentioned one last week who Eustace would know very well from his time at Birmingham, Scott Hogan. Probably falls into the ‘gash’ category but wouldn’t surprise me. 

Super gash, hasn't scored more than 10 goals in a season at this level since 16/17 season, and 1 in 26 last season

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scott-hogan/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/138783/plus/0?saison=&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=GB2&pos=&trainer_id=

Probably exactly the sort of signing that we will end up with

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

A striker who scored 10 whole goals for a side relegated to the German 3rd division. 26 years old bumbling around the German lower leagues. No thanks.

10 goals in 31 games for a team that only scored 33 goals all season. It’s actually pretty impressive when you see the full facts. 

If we were linked with someone who’d scored 15 for Rotherham last season would you be impressed?

A gamble none the less but certainly not comparable to Telalovic and has potential to score goals 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Super gash, hasn't scored more than 10 goals in a season at this level since 16/17 season, and 1 in 26 last season

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scott-hogan/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/138783/plus/0?saison=&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=GB2&pos=&trainer_id=

Cheap Gallagher replacement. I guess if I was trying to be positive I’d say his numbers aren’t as bad if you take away last season. He’s also a free, and knows the manager. 

28 minutes ago, FE123 said:

10 goals in 31 games for a team that only scored 33 goals all season. It’s actually pretty impressive when you see the full facts. 

If we were linked with someone who’d scored 15 for Rotherham last season would you be impressed?

A gamble none the less but certainly not comparable to Telalovic and has potential to score goals 

He also had the highest conversion rate in the league according to the LT (or something like that)

51 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Almost identical to Gallagher in terms of Stats.

According to Wiki Gallagher has scored 51 goals since 2016, Hogan 47 since 2017 although he did have a 21 goal season with Brentford in 2016.

On that basis a massive thumbs down, the only caveat being that if there was another (decent) striker coming in as well, at age 32 he'd probably be no worse and a lot cheaper wage wise than Gallagher

I was told this morning by somebody local that one of Barnsley's top scorers from last season has had talks with North End and Rovers. They couldn't remember the name but had been told by one of the player's friends. Looking and they have a midfielder - Adam Phillips - who is from Garstang so I'm guessing that's who it is. There are stories in the LEP about him but they also say 'Preston North End might have to offer 'silly money' to Barnsley to entice them into selling midfielder Adam Phillips this summer'. That's us ruled out then.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I am fully aware of all this bluebruce. 

Then surely you're also aware that we absolutely don't need a u21 keeper because we have a fuckton of them.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, JamieUK said:

I was told this morning by somebody local that one of Barnsley's top scorers from last season has had talks with North End and Rovers. They couldn't remember the name but had been told by one of the player's friends. Looking and they have a midfielder - Adam Phillips - who is from Garstang so I'm guessing that's who it is. There are stories in the LEP about him but they also say 'Preston North End might have to offer 'silly money' to Barnsley to entice them into selling midfielder Adam Phillips this summer'. That's us ruled out then.

If true, would that not be likely to be Andy Coles lad?

Out of contract so our budget almost stretches that far

14 minutes ago, KentExile said:

If true, would that not be likely to be Andy Coles lad?

Out of contract so our budget almost stretches that far

I can tell you for a fact that Adam Phillips is being looked at by Preston but i can't see us entertaining him as we're stacked for midfielders and he would cost money - Could definitely see us looking at Cole though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Our problem making a decision who is number 1 target and someone making a decision. Sounds to me, we have like a transfer committee approach with Gestede, Eustace, Park, Maybe Owen, Pasha and Waggott who having a say in transfers. We need decisions to be made who we want and we need experience first choice keeper, striker, winger and 2 centre backs before other positions we sign anyone. 

Never has the phrase 'a camel is a horse designed by committee' been so pertinent. 

• Like 8

6 hours ago, The Gull said:

I get all the frustration with the position we are in when looking to sign players, a 2nd/3rd division German player isn’t exactly inspiring but we’ve had hits and misses from all levels over the years. 

Some bad signings from top divisions or highly rated players that I was expected much more from over the years:

Murphy, Etuhu, a bunch of Portuguese players, Barry Ferguson, Giorgios Donnis, to name a few off the top of my head. 

some good signings out of nowhere, lower or reserve divisions:

Chris Samba, Sammie Szmodics, Ryan Nelsen, Nzonzi, even Friedel!

My point is we have to cut our cloth, historically we had a strong network of scouts and managed to pluck some gems that made us a lot of money.

I don’t have confidence in this lot to get near those levels, but I’ll cling on to the hope that someone could come good, feint hope, but hope still.

When people argue that signing players doesn’t come with guarantees …….. it never did and it never will.

However the bottom line to all this is…… 

Sign second division players, get second division football. 

If you’re shopping in dodgy leagues you’re far more likely to get duds.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, neophox said:

how do you know?

Edited by ABBEY
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, den said:

When people argue that signing players doesn’t come with guarantees …….. it never did and it never will.

However the bottom line to all this is…… 

Sign second division players, get second division football. 

If you’re shopping in dodgy leagues you’re far more likely to get duds.

technically we are in the second division(it`s just got a fancy name) so not sure what you expect under a venky/swag regime,we are in no way going to be signing players who are progressive and to good for the championship,as we all must be aware after 14 years,they don`t want us promoted

• Like 1

Eric Engelhardt is just a sign of the times.

His record compared to some people we have been linked with from abroad in the past is OK at an OK level (which I suspect is below Championship football). He's 26 so is at his peak so is unlikely to improve.

I doubt he would look completely lost like Telalovic, but if I was being optimistic I suspect he will be interchangeable with the likes of Gally and Leonard up top.

It's disappointing, but whilst the taps are off it's about as good as the "Heads of" are going to come up with I'm afraid. 

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hasta said:

His record compared to some people we have been linked with from abroad in the past is OK at an OK level (which I suspect is below Championship football). He's 26 so is at his peak so is unlikely to improve.

as an avid football gambler i can tell you the bundesliga 2 is competetive and definately on a par with the championship,some really big clubs in it

• Like 2