BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

2 minutes ago, Ricky said:

You say this like it’s fact. You have a habit of posting opinion as fact based on what you hear. You have no idea if they have been offered contracts yet you post it as absolute fact yet again. 

At least we can use some of that £7m we’re going to spend and we can have them in the door for pre season.

Time to accept that you know nothing, just like the rest of us.

Also love the fact that your latest blame is pointed at JDT and GB after spending the last couple of years wanking over how wonderful they both were!

As far as he's concerned, if Nixon says it, it's fact. If someone else says it but he wants it to be true, it's fact.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Is Jim White still "coming for you Venky's"?

No one outside of Rovers gives a toss about us I'm afraid.

Even if we go into Administration it would just be a small piece about how sad it is and how badly we've been run but then onto the really important football news like who Man City are signing for a £100m.

it lasted about 2 hours until a certain agent shut him down

• Like 5

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Is the German second tier on par with the Championship? I dont watch it but I very much doubt it.

I very much doubted it too. But then if you look at my earlier post, I showed that clubs in the German second tier actually have more revenue per club than those in the Championship. Without either of us having watched it, I don't see what reasonable reasons remain to doubt that it will be roughly on par.

10 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I very much doubted it too. But then if you look at my earlier post, I showed that clubs in the German second tier actually have more revenue per club than those in the Championship. Without either of us having watched it, I don't see what reasonable reasons remain to doubt that it will be roughly on par.

Most of the Championship doesn't have a pot to piss in.

When Kompany won the league by spending £40m, he spent about ten times more than every non-parachute payment club. When Leicester bought Harry Winks for £11m last year (plus his massive wages) JDT came out and said that was more than his entire operating budget. 

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I think the likes of Hamburg and Schalke are in Bundesliga 2, and their stadiums were used for the Euros, and host massive concerts. So that would bump up revenue.

1 hour ago, Forever Blue said:

I think I’m with Nixon on this one. Said a week or so ago that Rover Insider seems to have an agenda.

And nixon doesn't! 

"agenda" or not his stuff adds up, he may have his own reasons why he's posting it but that doesn't make what he's saying false. 

The scummy nixon has probably just got his grubby whiskey stained egotistical knickers in a twist about being called a hack (or whatever it was) 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 4

57 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

I think I’m with Nixon on this one. Said a week or so ago that Rover Insider seems to have an agenda.

Nixon suggesting it's ex employee 

56 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Could they have recruited better? Yes but like with the current set up theyll find it practically impossible under such restrictions.

Deffo could and should happening. 

56 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You always turn on people and freely criticise as soon as they are no longer employed by the club.

No I don't turn, I evaluate the job he did here. 

36 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

As far as he's concerned, if Nixon says it, it's fact. If someone else says it but he wants it to be true, it's fact.

Nixon is a great source of info. His story

10 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

I wonder if Jackson in the LT is ever going to stick his head above the parapet?

What do you expect him to do? LT needs the club for viewing figures

• Downvote 1

46 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Most of the Championship doesn't have a pot to piss in.

When Kompany won the league by spending £40m, he spent about ten times more than every non-parachute payment club. When Leicester bought Harry Winks for £11m last year (plus his massive wages) JDT came out and said that was more than his entire operating budget. 

Yeh I did also mention in the prior post that 2.Bundesliga clubs also appear to be in far less debt than Championship clubs, so their spending power is greater. The flipside of that being that it means Championship clubs are deeper invested into their squads, which in theory should raise the average quality. But many of us have been in debt for ages and not been able to spend much...most of it just goes on over-inflated wages. Point is, it's a financially comparable league, so should be on a par.

44 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

I think the likes of Hamburg and Schalke are in Bundesliga 2, and their stadiums were used for the Euros, and host massive concerts. So that would bump up revenue.

The figures are from 2022/23, before the Euros. It's also a season that Schalke weren't in it. There are occasionally very big clubs with big revenue in the Championship too. Either way, clubs like that competing in it (Hamburger have spent at least the last six seasons there and failed to escape it) suggests it's not that weak a league.

I noticed that the club put out an article today with Eustace eulogising about Hedges being like a new signing.

Otherwise, whilst other teams are active, our social media has only some delayed youth extensions and photos of our team playing golf to share.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

And nixon doesn't! 

"agenda" or not his stuff adds up, he may have his own reasons why he's posting it but that doesn't make what he's saying false. 

The scummy nixon has probably just got his grubby whiskey stained egotistical knickers in a twist about being called a hack (or whatever it was) 

How do you know it’s not false?

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

What do you expect him to do? LT needs the club for viewing figures

Er, write a story about the current situation, like a proper journalist would. Other local journalists manage it about the clubs they report on. 

Did we not have a ‘Kean Out’ or ‘Venky’s Out’ story  once on the front cover of the LT? 

The first game is 3 weeks away. Incredible we haven’t signed a player. When we needed 6 or 7.

We had squad size issues last season even with a bunch of loans. We also had (and still have) some really poor players in the first team squad. It’s total negligence from the owners.

We had Adam Wharton playing passes half the squad couldn’t even see, for half the season. His money simply had to be reinvested in quality players to stand any chance. 

They must be selling the club, surely. 

24 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

The first game is 3 weeks away. Incredible we haven’t signed a player. When we needed 6 or 7.

We had squad size issues last season even with a bunch of loans. We also had (and still have) some really poor players in the first team squad. It’s total negligence from the owners.

We had Adam Wharton playing passes half the squad couldn’t even see, for half the season. His money simply had to be reinvested in quality players to stand any chance. 

They must be selling the club, surely. 

The bookies seem to be sussing it at last. Paddy power have is as third favorites for relegation at 7/2 although you can still get a generous 11/2 with Sky. 

Assuming Szmodics goes and everyone else stays, the bare minimum we need is a GK, CB, LB, RW, LW, AM, CF. 

And then we still have to pray we don’t get many injuries. 

Shameful neglect by the owners and not a murmur from our local media. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

Er, write a story about the current situation, like a proper journalist would. Other local journalists manage it about the clubs they report on. 

Did we not have a ‘Kean Out’ or ‘Venky’s Out’ story  once on the front cover of the LT? 

We did, shows how supine the LT has become this past decade, I suppose it’s understandable when you realise it’s entire business model now relies on Rovers online clicks (and ergo club access) but it also means there will be very little, you know, journalism.

• Like 1

Makes me chuckle Nixon talking about agendas, his posts are all driven by an agenda - to generate revenue, be that clicks, signs ups to his patreon or buying the paper he writes for. 

It’s fairly clear the non existent pot we had to piss in last year has now been smashed all over the floor! 

SS sold shortly before or after the court case with all monies used to keep the lights on. Only incomings will be loanees and maybe an out of contract player or 2. All this will happen after we’ve played at least 1 game of the season! We may get lucky and see an ‘exciting prospect’ loanee before the season starts. Oh what a time to be alive 

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

We did, shows how supine the LT has become this past decade, I suppose it’s understandable when you realise it’s entire business model now relies on Rovers online clicks (and ergo club access) but it also means there will be very little, you know, journalism.

But again it shows what kind of people are running the club that the access would be rescinded should they actually run any kind of story on what is actually happening.

• Like 1

If the 2 out 3 want to sell bit is true I am guessing it’s Balaji that is the 1 .. it would be a typical Venkys F U to the fans to sell after the January window , when we are stranded at the foot  of the table and new owners can’t do anything to change the tide 

Edited by AJW

8 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

I wonder if Jackson in the LT is ever going to stick his head above the parapet?

is he hell , out his depth already and stealing a living. Every credit to him for getting a career from copy/pasting.