BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

I wonder how the the 8,500 who have bought season tickets are now feeling?

A handful of folk I know are wishing they hadn't and are vowing it will be their last until an ownership change.

Looking forward to the new season thanks Mercer - as I have done over the past sixty-odd years.  I doubt anyone bought a season ticket expecting anything other than a struggle - I've bought season tickets in every decade knowing a particular season would be difficult.  Unless something changes dramatically, which I doubt, I fully expect us to be involved in a relegation battle again but I believe we have a decent manager and that he and his staff will keep us safe.  I may be right, I may be wrong, but I'll enjoy the ride nonetheless.      

• Like 6

• Backroom
20 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Don't forget Trav.

We must be due 5 days of interview "snippets" from him soon by the club and Elliot about how he is a new signing and great to be back etc.

New signing from a team just promoted to the Premier League, no less! #goingup

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SuperBrfc said:

I'm seeing this 'agenda' thing differently.

I don't know if anybody else is noticing a theme here. The theme being that anybody who speaks out against Swag or the shadow man is a troublemaker with an axe to grind. This could be, imo, a deflection tactic.

After JDT and GB departed, we saw a rise in ITK's suddenly sharing 'info' which portrayed those two as being the problem. This happened here, on another forum and on the likes of Facebook etc.

According to their 'sources', JDT was a troublemaker for speaking out the way he did, the players didn't like him and he 'wasted his budget on midfielders'.

At the same time, GB didn't know what he was doing, he was causing trouble by doing an interview with a YouTube channel rather than via the official channels and he was going to waste money on x, y and z before the hero that is swag stepped in. This is the kind of, imo, shit that the ITK's were being fed and were then relaying to the fans.

The end result? Blame deflected away from swag and the shadow man, with many blaming JDT and GB for the shitshow. Ironically, the only two people who spoke about Rovers being a Premier League club again.

Back to the Insider. He posts a tweet claiming that Mr Shadow told Pune there's no need to spend. The following day or two then sees us linked with Krul, Cooper, the Hull defender and Dykes. It is later played down with 'erm, Rovers aren't at the spending stage yet, but they are interested and have had talks'.

Now the suggestion is that the Insider is probably an ex employee out to cause trouble. Fans are already guessing who it could be. Is it GB? Is it somebody else? Again, this is taking the heat away from swag and his sidekick and vaguely laying it elsewhere.

'Oh, that Insider account? Ignore. Just someone causing bother, mate'. That's the type of vibe I'm getting.

The Insider could be talking shit, he/she could be making that Pune tweet up, but I'm looking at it in context of the following two quotes and wondering whether it possibly tallies up?

1) The owners have been very generous to us and it's time for us to give them something back. We can't keep going to them and ask them to spend every time. (Swag in 2018 following L1 Promotion.)

2) The owners are excited and wanted a double bounce, another promotion, I had to calm them down and tell them to put their money away, that we need to gradually build a team to reach the Premier League. (Mowbray in the summer of 2018 following L1 Promotion.)

How believable is it that the shadow man has told Pune 'no need to spend, we can wash our own face'? It's believable to me given everything that has happened over recent years, but that's just my opinion.

Not that it matters much, but I'm siding with the Insider on this and think he/she has touched a nerve somewhere with their posts.

I really think what you have written is completely true but to add a little more I genuinely think that the two main protagonists, Waggott and Suhail are the only ones who have a direct line to the Punekars and their word is acted upon. I have said before that I very much doubt if Tomasson or Broughton ever spoke to them. And as you allude to anybody who merely threatens their cosy little lifestyle are gone. I believe it's one of the reasons that Mowbray lasted so long. He didn't rock the boat t and played the game. And, importantly he went to India. For Waggott and Suhail read Shaw and Agnew. The singers change but the song has been on repeat for fourteen years.

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, Mercer said:

What a wonderful fantasy world you live in Chaddy!

However, I live in the real world and all the ups, downs, joys and disappointments that come with it.

No Mercer, Its called backing your club to the hilt through the good and bad times, I won't be force away from supporting my club, 

I have already bought a Home replica kit and I will be buying an Away replica Kit if I like it. 

21 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

What evidence do you have that this is likely to happen with what we have seen so far this summer?

Have to belief and confident in the club to bring in some good quality players instead of being doomed merchant. I am always Positive Mental Attitude(PMA) to life. Lets see who we signed by end of the window 

11 minutes ago, FE123 said:

Sory Kaba has been told he can leave Las Palmas in La Liga either permanently or on loan, limited game time for them last season. Was very impressive at Cardiff the season before in the championship.

Dont know what kind of salary he will be on, but he’s apparently being looked at by English clubs, which presumably will be championship clubs

Great shout. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, SuperBrfc said:

The Insider could be talking shit, he/she could be making that Pune tweet up, but I'm looking at it in context of the following two quotes and wondering whether it possibly tallies up?

1) The owners have been very generous to us and it's time for us to give them something back. We can't keep going to them and ask them to spend every time. (Swag in 2018 following L1 Promotion.)

2) The owners are excited and wanted a double bounce, another promotion, I had to calm them down and tell them to put their money away, that we need to gradually build a team to reach the Premier League. (Mowbray in the summer of 2018 following L1 Promotion.)

This is old ground I know but that paragraph is depressing in light of what happened in the rest of Mowbray's reign and what could have been possible as Ipswich demonstrated by getting double promotions from League One to the PL.

It also perhaps indicates that the owners do have ambitions for the club but they are being continually disappointed by a succession of unambitious managers and officials.. in Tony's case one who wanted to spin the job out for as long as he could in one of his last jobs before retirement

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Jackson is running a Q&A on twitter today so he’s asking for questions fans would like answering.

What could anyone want to possibly ask Elliot?

28 minutes ago, FE123 said:

Sory Kaba has been told he can leave Las Palmas in La Liga either permanently or on loan, limited game time for them last season. Was very impressive at Cardiff the season before in the championship.

Dont know what kind of salary he will be on, but he’s apparently being looked at by English clubs, which presumably will be championship clubs

Loan is probably the only option as they paid more than €2m for him last summer. He signed a 4 year deal but hasn’t done a lot for them (1 goal).

2 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Loan is probably the only option as they paid more than €2m for him last summer. He signed a 4 year deal but hasn’t done a lot for them (1 goal).

I imagine someone will get him on loan for the season possibly with an option to buy next summer. He’s brilliant in the air but pretty limited in other areas, probably why he has struggled in Spain. I imagine he’s on a decent salary if he signed there after a good season in the Championship. He will certainly offer something different for a club who can pay him 😒

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Have to belief and confident in the club to bring in some good quality players instead of being doomed merchant. I am always Positive Mental Attitude(PMA) to life. Lets see who we signed by end of the window 

I’m sorry but that’s not how PMA works, that’s bordering on delusion. If you have years of examples of the club failing to bring in quality and poorly using it’s resource both on-field and off-field then what gives you the belief or confidence in the same people ceasing to make the same mistakes this year. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Devon Rover said:

Paul, I really do understand your view and I'm not criticising it as it is clearly based on fairness and empathy.

Allow me to explain why my view is very different. It is based partly on my experience as an Exeter City supporter (alongside Rovers) back when I lived there. That club was owned by crooks, it simply happens, sometimes. The crooks in that case quickly ran the whole club into the ground. Staff began to be 'let go' by the crooks, including a friend of mine who ended up having to (successfully) take the club he loved to a tribunal after he uncovered some financial irregularities, reported them to one of the 'Chairmen' and was promptly sacked. The crooks increasingly failed to pay local suppliers, whilst flying celeb 'friends' to the club for day trips. They eventually invited the attentions of HMRC for non-payment of tax. Debt increased and club staff were made redundant. Although the club did not go into administration, it was bought from a position of unsustainability by a newly formed supporter's trust, a CVA was agreed with suppliers to cover part of their debts owed, and the club started again after relegation from the football league. This restart included some of the same employees who had left returning as volunteers and fan representatives, fan work parties formed to maintain the stadium, subs into the trust began funding a player's wages per year. All immediately establishing a new kind of bond between players, staff and fans. The club was united, not least for having come through 'the worst'.

I would be delighted to see something similar, although hopefully not SUCH a monumental fall (National League), at Rovers as what Exeter City did to rebuild as a community club that has a hell of a lot more collective positivity and spirit about it than Blackburn Rovers does, as of 2024.  

This ownership of Rovers has broken this club. It is broken. It will only be fixed when something significant is made to happen. Staff who are here now will leave by their own volition, or gradually they will be forced to leave due to the ownership and finance position. These things are very likely and have happened at other clubs. Wishing to avoid some people losing their jobs through something monumental forcing a change in the club's ownership is unlikely to be anything more than delaying inevitable redundancies and the further slow death of everything that has been built up over many years as revenues continue to drop. It has happened elsewhere and it will happen here. Something needs to change, even if it brings some pain with it. Most important changes in life do.

He also massively misses the point that a LOT of jobs have already been lost due to venkys presence. The damage done not only to the club but the wider town and surrounding areas is immeasurable.

If you're still working at Rovers and not checking seek on a daily basis then you've got nobody else to blame but yourself, because it's a case of when not if the shit hits the fan.

• Like 7

54 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

What could anyone want to possibly ask Elliot?

To do his job and ask more probing questions to the powers that be at Ewood. Instead of lying or saying nothing to us.

Edited by Moptop1

1 hour ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

A terrible view to take.  Many people would lose their jobs and some local suppliers would go unpaid.  I assume you're not one of them.

Admin wouldn't do that or at least not to the depths doom mongers like to believe.

Going bust or liquidated would, continued managed decline and ending up in the lower reaches of league one will also do that.

By the way invoices are allegedly already going unpaid for 90 days.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Lancaster Rover said:

I’m sorry but that’s not how PMA works, that’s bordering on delusion. If you have years of examples of the club failing to bring in quality and poorly using it’s resource both on-field and off-field then what gives you the belief or confidence in the same people ceasing to make the same mistakes this year. 

This reminds me of my late mother, who sadly, thought that smoking 60 cigarettes per day, was okay, because when your times is up, your time is up. Despite losing a leg to smoking, she carried on and passed away at 59. I used to say, if I walk across the M6 blindfolded at rush hour, I will be okay if my time isn't up, as that argument was a poor one, as is the PMA  thing here.

We all need to accept that the club is being destroyed by the owners and the current incumbents and although I respect people decisions to still go and watch the team PLEASE do not let these people get away with it, by allowing them to take advantage of your blind faith and loyalty. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

I wonder how the the 8,500 who have bought season tickets are now feeling?

A handful of folk I know are wishing they hadn't and are vowing it will be their last until an ownership change.

Probably about 2,500 are kids who have had cheap tickets bought by their parents and have no idea what is going on.

A great ploy by Rovers to make it seem like total ST sales are not in decline

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

A terrible view to take.  Many people would lose their jobs and some local suppliers would go unpaid.  I assume you're not one of them.

LOADS HAVE LOST ALREADY DUE THEM

8 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Probably about 2,500 are kids who have had cheap tickets bought by their parents and have no idea what is going on.

A great ploy by Rovers to make it seem like total ST sales are not in decline

Which is exactly why Waggott should be questioned by the various fan groups on the demographics of sales and the total amount of money brought in. I'm with you and envisage some kind of spin by the club to mitigate the current malaise that many are feeling.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

Looking forward to the new season thanks Mercer - as I have done over the past sixty-odd years.  I doubt anyone bought a season ticket expecting anything other than a struggle - I've bought season tickets in every decade knowing a particular season would be difficult.  Unless something changes dramatically, which I doubt, I fully expect us to be involved in a relegation battle again but I believe we have a decent manager and that he and his staff will keep us safe.  I may be right, I may be wrong, but I'll enjoy the ride nonetheless.      

I would personally want more from my Football Club than a Season of struggle,that odd mindset should be acceptable to no one.

No 'ride to enjoy' surely?

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 6

14 hours ago, cmkay1999 said:

It is awful and upsetting what is happening to our once great club. Im only 25 but remember watching us as a youngster in the prem, idolising Tugay, Pederson and Santa Cruz, how I and I’m sure we all miss those days. I’m glad people outside of the fanbase are realising how much shit we’ve had to put up with. It’s gonna be a long season no doubt but hopefully we can keep some of our main lads and we need to pray we don’t get too many injuries or else we are up shit creek.

And let’s hope this court ruling gets shut of Venkys once and for all!! We need to get reset and go again under new ownership and make our way back slowly to where we want to be. And Waggott and Suhail need to be banished from the Blackburn boundaries. 

Forced to see out their days within the confines of Burnley?