BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

15 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

We don't know if these are like-for-like roles, so a head count if only one measure.  It also ignores the human cost of administration to many families in the area.  It's important that this issues are discussed in good faith and honestly and in the right spirit.   A sale to another owner (which may also include job loses of course) is all our preferences.  Administration is in no-ones interest.

I was only using the same measure you used.

I think the only reason some people seem so eager for administration is because they can’t see how else the part of your post I’ve emboldened will happen.

I’m sure each and every one of us would prefer new ownership to be achieved in a far less painful way.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

The problem is that the club isn't self sufficient. So what do they do when it becomes apparent ?

I assume you mean when it becomes apparent to the owners.

If they took even a cursory look at our accounts they’d already be aware of this.

• Like 1

This site has moved on recent years and mostly for the better I'd say, but one area I'm not to fond of personally, is the open forum to post consistent inaccurate bullshit when it comes to transfers and the like. Its a very emotive subject, some people take these snippets with a pinch of salt, some people will stay awake at night thinking about them, it will affect the daily lives for some, its not one size fits all.

If you've been posting for more than 12 months on here you know who is making stuff up and who isn't, but as long as the moderators deem it appropriate and allow this type of behaviour, we must accept that some will continue to feed off that and post made up drivel. 

Views and opinions are one thing, selling our best players and sacking our managers every 3 months is very much another. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Forever Blue said:

That Nathan Jones chap is now saying the signings he promised this week will now come after the Austria trip. 

You can hang your hat on that transfer exclusive. 

The only use for his head is to hang a hat on it. There’s no brain in there.

37 minutes ago, Gav said:

This site has moved on recent years and mostly for the better I'd say, but one area I'm not to fond of personally, is the open forum to post consistent inaccurate bullshit when it comes to transfers and the like. Its a very emotive subject, some people take these snippets with a pinch of salt, some people will stay awake at night thinking about them, it will affect the daily lives for some, its not one size fits all.

If you've been posting for more than 12 months on here you know who is making stuff up and who isn't, but as long as the moderators deem it appropriate and allow this type of behaviour, we must accept that some will continue to feed off that and post made up drivel. 

Views and opinions are one thing, selling our best players and sacking our managers every 3 months is very much another. 

At the end of the day Gav, I'll believe we've signed a player when they run out on the pitch in a match. Not before.

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

That Nathan Jones chap is now saying the signings he promised this week will now come after the Austria trip. 

You can hang your hat on that transfer exclusive. 

He said it would be a busy week this week. 

He wasn't wrong, the lads played golf AND did some training.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Its an internet messageboard where people share opinions. Its not a ranking system where people's contributions are judged based on accurate ITK information.

Your track record is shocking and the majority of your "information" is beyond cryptic and the actual supposed information is covered by not actually being able to say what it is for confidential reasons. So even if you do know stuff, which I doubt, then its worthless if you cant actually say it.

But equally, you dont have to know anything insider to justify your place here. Just be comfortable knowing that you know nothing more than the rest of us and its just as valid to be here sharing your opinions like the rest of us.

I responded to a previous post of yours addressing all the points you raised and now you have nowhere to go with those points you have now resorted to a broad brush dissing of me.

Please do me a huge favour and put me on ignore and extend me the courtesy of not responding to any of my posts instead of merely trying to make yourself feel better by projecting your own insecurities on to me.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

At the end of the day Gav, I'll believe we've signed a player when they run out on the pitch in a match. Not before.

These days I wouldn't put it past them to field ineligible players, either.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Gav said:

When it happens, I believe it, and not before. 

1 hour ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

We don't know if these are like-for-like roles, so a head count if only one measure.  It also ignores the human cost of administration to many families in the area.  It's important that this issues are discussed in good faith and honestly and in the right spirit.   A sale to another owner (which may also include job loses of course) is all our preferences.  Administration is in no-ones interest.

To be honest administration might be a lot preferable speed wise.

If I was buying us I would do the deepest and most in-depth due diligence process I have ever done on a company and that would likely take 6 months.

Buying it from the administrators there is normally a time limit and you can include indemnities etc .

I would say as a buyer I would want to do a deal with the administrators and at least they will respond back.

• Like 8

28 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Its never one size fits all Upside Down, some folk are much more invested and live for Blackburn Rovers only.

How do I know this?

I was one of them when I was younger, a transfer could make or break my year! In fact Howard Kendall going to Everton, Simon Barker going to QPR and Colin Hendry going to City did!

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, phili said:

Shockingly Duncan Ferguson deal was agreed pending Broughton approval on becoming Director of Football. Broughton met Ferguson didn't like him and moved for JDT.

So Mercer was totally correct.

You’ve just confirmed something that someone told me and I laughed aloud at (specifically that the Duncan Ferguson deal was “basically done” I didn’t know it was Broughton that had approval/changed course).

Staggering that Duncan Ferguson nearly became our manager and I chuckled that no such madness could ever occur.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, phili said:

Shockingly Duncan Ferguson deal was agreed pending Broughton approval on becoming Director of Football. Broughton met Ferguson didn't like him and moved for JDT.

Rhodes, Battersby and investors and Ferguson to name but three - surely not as I only post made up sh1t!

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Au contraire Gav, I think entirely the opposite

Transfer threads and rumours are driven by rumour. I first started reading this forum around a transfer window and was impressed at the amount of people who had 'inside knowledge'. Some didn't happen, some did, but you are infinitely more informed by reading this board than waiting for the LT

But the mood in recent times has shifted. There's quite a degree of animosity shown for posters who post "what they hear". It has definitely trimmed down the genuine insider information whereas trolls seem to be increasing. They know they can spend a couple of weeks winding people up, who can't help but respond to "ITK bullshitters". They take the bait! That level of posting then stops people who actually may know something because they cba to get the responses back

I don't know what the mods can do. Banning it is useless. If you believe it, good for you, if you don't, who cares. It really shouldn't be a big deal. Usually I believe it when it is announced...especially these days!

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Transfer threads and rumours are driven by rumour.

Don't get me wrong here I love a good rumour, but I can smell bullshit a mile off, especially when its consistent bullshit over a number of years, that is my point. 

Anyway I've said my piece, have we signed anyone yet 🤔

50 minutes ago, phili said:

@phili if you don’t mind me asking, do you have any incline that we’ll see signings in the up & coming weeks? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

He said it would be a busy week this week. 

He wasn't wrong, the lads played golf AND did some training.

After watching the golf video (all 20 mins of it..) the biggest revelation of the window so far is that Gallagher can actually hit a ball with pace and accuracy. Just a shame it’s not with his feet.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

@phili if you don’t mind me asking, do you have any incline that we’ll see signings in the up & coming weeks? 

Don't know, I really can't see us doing anything until after the court case on the 20th August.

• Like 1