BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

8 minutes ago, J*B said:

No idea why people are getting excited about Cooper, whether he signs or not. Leeds fans call him “League One Liam” because that’s his standard. 

Any idea why he was picked to play regularly in the premier league season before last then? 

Nonsense really from their supporters that really isn’t it, even if he struggled in the premier league

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, J*B said:

No idea why people are getting excited about Cooper, whether he signs or not. Leeds fans call him “League One Liam” because that’s his standard. 

They were calling him that before he captained them to winning the Championship under Bielsa,  and him making the PFA team of the year for the 2nd year running. 

And before he played 3 consecutive seasons in the Prem. 

Probably best to judge him once he pulls on the blue n white, if he ever does.

• Like 6

the mcfadzean deal must be off then,we can`t have two veteran centre backs,shows how completely useless the backroom staff are when they can`t even get a deal done with someone who played for us,any normal club would have agreed a deal at the end of last season,if we ever do sign anyone,he`s nailed on to be cheap,rubbish and desperate for a contract

• Like 3

Amari bell whas dog shit here…Look at him now…McFadzean did a job for us and he’s an oldman compared to Cooper.

I dont think we are in any fit state to be calling anyone shit and or picking n choosing - He’s experienced as they come at the back, so get him in! 

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

the mcfadzean deal must be off then,we can`t have two veteran centre backs,shows how completely useless the backroom staff are when they can`t even get a deal done with someone who played for us,any normal club would have agreed a deal at the end of last season,if we ever do sign anyone,he`s nailed on to be cheap,rubbish and desperate for a contract

Let’s hope it is! 

42 minutes ago, J*B said:

Get him signed up , ideal for next Season...Planning in advance now !

• Like 1

Cooper might not have been good enough for the Prem or a top 2 chasing championship side but that doesn't mean he'll be no good for a relegation battling championship side.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Forever Blue said:

They were calling him that before he captained them to winning the Championship under Bielsa,  and him making the PFA team of the year for the 2nd year running. 

And before he played 3 consecutive seasons in the Prem. 

Probably best to judge him once he pulls on the blue n white, if he ever does.

We've had complaints that we're the only club not to sign anybody. 

Now we've got some turning their nose up at signing Cooper. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Cooper might not have been good enough for the Prem or a top 2 chasing championship side but that doesn't mean he'll be no good for a relegation battling championship side.

You'd imagine that our first choice pairing would be Carter and Hyam anyway. Cooper will get plenty of games with injuries/suspensions/cups but he'd be good enough to fill the gaps when required.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, M_B said:

We've had complaints that we're the only club not to sign anybody. 

Now we've got some turning their nose up at signing Cooper. 

Im not saying that I'd turn my nose up at Cooper as I wouldnt.

But as a general rule, people shouldnt just feel grateful should we sign anyone.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, G Somerset Rover said:

Cooper is just this years Batth. On top of that we have even less of a pot to piss in than this time last year.

What a tragic time to be a Rover.

It's never a tragic time to be a Rover.

3 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

we were going to sign 8 players today but this damn world wide outage has stopped us and we seem to have lost all their details so we have to start looking again . next excuse from rovers

We have all the luck!

25 minutes ago, G Somerset Rover said:

Cooper is just this years Batth. On top of that we have even less of a pot to piss in than this time last year.

What a tragic time to be a Rover.

I hope not

Cooper played and was good in the Premier League. Batth was never trusted to play PL and instead loaned out or released as he fell down the pecking order

Batth has been linked with the likes of Solihull Moors this year

Not signing Batth was a good idea at the time. The fact we then signed McFadzean was a blow. He’s even worse than Batth

Cooper is a better play than both. He will be our 2nd best defender….behind Carter 

14 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

we were going to sign 8 players today but this damn world wide outage has stopped us and we seem to have lost all their details so we have to start looking again . next excuse from rovers

Tbf, that outage stopped me doing any work all day.

And if it's stopped us signing Telalovic MK2 then that's a double bonus.

42 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Im not saying that I'd turn my nose up at Cooper as I wouldnt.

But as a general rule, people shouldnt just feel grateful should we sign anyone.

To be honest, i hadn't seen your comment, it was just a general view. 

I'd rather we signed 3 with the pedigree of Cooper, than 6 or 7 squad fillers, we've enough of those. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Makes you think, will the tea lady be next.

They have coffee machines nowadays but it's probably bring your own pods.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, M_B said:

To be honest, i hadn't seen your comment, it was just a general view. 

I'd rather we signed 3 with the pedigree of Cooper, than 6 or 7 squad fillers, we've enough of those. 

We need both quality and quantity, and will likely get neither. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We need both quality and quantity, and will likely get neither. 

I realise that, but as I say, I'd rather sign 3 of quality than a good few stocking fillers. 

• Like 1

Eustace obviously wants to spice the squad up with some experience and I’m glad we’re not pushing the boat out for Cooper. Maybe it’s negotiating tactics towards McFadzean as well, who I think we should sign as he can teach the other defenders (and Pears) to grow a set and learn how to defend properly. He’s a proven success too but is best suited playing in a three-back line. 

As things currently stand we need a lot of luck with injuries to our key players.