BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Rovers are the only Championship club yet to make a senior addition and need to bolster their defensive options. With three weeks until the season begins, Hayden Carter and Dom Hyam are the only centre-backs available to John Eustace with second-tier experience.

LT reports.

Incredible thanks VENKYS

• Like 1

Marek Rodak/Asmir Begovic

Paudie O’Connor/Sean McLaughlin AND Liam Cooper

Winger loan

Striker loan

Is the minimum to give us a competitive squad IMO, plus replacing anyone that the club inevitably receive an offer for.

Really struggling for depth otherwise. Our bare 11 is fairly decent, but how long can we survive with that? Maximum 5 games I would suggest.

14 minutes ago, FE123 said:

Marek Rodak/Asmir Begovic

Paudie O’Connor/Sean McLaughlin AND Liam Cooper

Winger loan

Striker loan

Is the minimum to give us a competitive squad IMO, plus replacing anyone that the club inevitably receive an offer for.

Really struggling for depth otherwise. Our bare 11 is fairly decent, but how long can we survive with that? Maximum 5 games I would suggest.

I think we have 14 players who should be able to play at this level fairly comfortably, and have done in the past to be fair.

After that you have Markandey, Vale, Garrett, O'Riordan, Duru, Batty and Gent. We know the first couple on that list aren't good enough, jury is out on Garrett and who knows about the rest, I'm sure we'll see before long.

Also Leonard and Gilsenan who look like they are both out for a while, and obviously Wharton who is out for most of the season.

We need a keeper, central defender, left back, winger and striker just to hopefully stay clear of that bottom 3 for me.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

David Ozoh on his way to derby “on loan” from Palace…What are we even doing?!?

We are doing nothing! All part of the owners plan , to send us down!

Edited by Waggy76
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I think we have 14 players who should be able to play at this level fairly comfortably, and have done in the past to be fair.

After that you have Markandey, Vale, Garrett, O'Riordan, Duru, Batty and Gent. We know the first couple on that list aren't good enough, jury is out on Garrett and who knows about the rest, I'm sure we'll see before long.

Also Leonard and Gilsenan who look like they are both out for a while, and obviously Wharton who is out for most of the season.

We need a keeper, central defender, left back, winger and striker just to hopefully stay clear of that bottom 3 for me.

I think Markanday will surprise many.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He's proven he can't play out wide at this level - so unless he turns into a goal scoring #10 he's not good enough. 

I think it will be , when he turns into a goalscoring #10.

The rise of Brereton was very much an exception to the rule and he had a season between being very bad and very good where he did fairly well and scored 7 or 8 so it wasnt a sudden emergence.

Markanday has been here for a couple of seasons and has really struggled to show capability at this level. There isnt 0% chance of him coming good but it isnt some sort of laughable unsupportive impatient mob that suggests that he isnt up to it.

• Like 1

This is going to be his fourth season here, think fans are quite entitled to doubt if he’s up to it at this level. 

He’s only still around the first team because we’ve feck all else. 

• Like 4

I know this is all futile and we've no money/ambition but you'd think after 2 (3?) pre seasons in Austria we may have dipped into that market.  

Can't say I've ever watched the league but they've obviously got decent enough players going into Germany semi regularly and you'd think we'd be seen as a step up compared to the league except Rapid

Markanday needs to model himself on Craig Conway and learn to perfect a cross and become an industrious wide player.

Championship level flying winger he isn't although he is capable of some decent games but i think if you plonked him in a good league 1 side he'd look more at home.

He isn't alone though, big season coming up for him.

• Like 1