BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

34 minutes ago, M_B said:

Agreed £20 million is nuts, £6 million obviously isn't enough. 

Like you say, a fair price could be reached if it's handled properly, which is the stumbling block. 

I imagine the negotiations with Waggot will be like the scene in Bad Santa when they are trying to negotiate with Bernie Mac and he just keeps repeating the same offer,and they give in after 30 seconds. Waggot won't last the 30 seconds obviously.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Mercer said:

From BBC:

Ipswich Town have had several bids rejected by Blackburn Rovers for Republic of Ireland forward Sammie Szmodics.

The Tractor Boys remain in talks with Rovers over last season's Championship top scorer and an agreement is getting closer.

And there it is. Writing has been on the wall for some time. 

We're obviously giving enough encouragement for Ipswich to keep coming back and Szmodics will want the move.

It's going to be one of the worst seasons in recent times, strap yourselves in for a bumpy ride.

• Like 1

Why? Why do we need to sell absolutely everything or anything with any value? These sales more than keep the lights on surely. When Smodic has gone, who’s going to pay the electricity bill next season?

Not a single word from the club. The supporters deserve far better than this. About time those who can, start asking the tough questions. Starting tonight with WATR and the LT.

Just now, den said:

Why? Why do we need to sell absolutely everything or anything with any value? These sales more than keep the lights on surely. When Smodic has gone, who’s going to pay the electricity bill next season?

Not a single word from the club. The supporters deserve far better than this. About time those who can, start asking the tough questions. Starting tonight with WATR and the LT.

Any chance the Raos are reclaiming their "loans" and the information just hasn't leaked?

No surprise Sammie is on his way out. He would be mad to want to stay here and a prem club would always likely come in for him.

Another nail in our coffin for next season. Genuinely concerned it could be one of the worst in our history. We have to remember our manager did not win a single home game last season - and that was with Sammie in the team. 

• Like 1

if sammie goes then we are really down to one player left with any value,thats carter,if he has a good start to the season he will definately be gone in january,his injury last season is the only reason no one is taking an interest in him at the present,after carter,we are officially left without anyone of any value🙄

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

if sammie goes then we are really down to one player left with any value,thats carter,if he has a good start to the season he will definately be gone in january,his injury last season is the only reason no one is taking an interest in him at the present,after carter,we are officially left without anyone of any value🙄

All part of the Venky plan !

• Like 2

Taking a step back from thinking of Rovers as a football club, wouldn’t these large sales and no external investment whatsoever signify an organisation looking to recoup its loans before a sale? Essentially asset strip? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Ah yeh, that journalist whose name sounds like he wants you to steal his toilet. I forgot about him.

I found that more amusing than it had any right to be.
Laugh or you'll cry, I guess.

1 hour ago, M_B said:

I've no idea. 

How do you know it's £6 million? 

There's no release clause for SS.
But £8m was the agreed number between player, club and agent.
If it's announced as 'undisclosed', it's definitely £8m.

I am beginning to think , the best thing that could happen is Eustace resigning , that would put the club in the national spotlight, which is something the Venkys and Waggott don't like..

We need a couple of proper journalists, asking a few awkward questions..

Get Waggott and the Shadow man squirming!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Im not sure Carter will attract any big bids. He turns 25 this winter which is a good age but hes no longer a young prospect and he doesnt stand out to attract Prem interest.

he is to good to be treading water at our level,a move to a more ambitious club certainly,be gone in january unless injured again

• Like 1

1 minute ago, davulsukur said:

Perhaps that would be that case under other circumstances, however in this case it's purely to keep the lights on whilst they get through the courts.

I don't want the lights keeping on , Venkys out at any cost for me !

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Andy said:

I found that more amusing than it had any right to be.
Laugh or you'll cry, I guess.

There's no release clause for SS.
But £8m was the agreed number between player, club and agent.
If it's announced as 'undisclosed', it's definitely £8m.

Most transfers are declared as undisclosed.

I know we are a ridiculous club but why would we agree to let him go for 8 million?

And also if he was available for such a low price then surely a deal would have been done already.Granted he is 28 and hasn't played in the prem but lower placed premier league teams would have been in for him before now at £8 million after a 30 goal season 

Edited by islander200
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, M_B said:

It's a good idea if the fee is set correctly. 

The main problem is if Rovers are asking too much and price Szmodics out of his dream move to the Prem,that situation is never going to end well. 

It's a bad idea, because the fee may be correct at the time, but too low in the future. Szmodics has definitely become more valuable since his contract was signed.

Asking too much would still get us offers above the release clause. The release clause is never going to be the exact maximum we are able to get. They're a terrible idea for a club unless they're necessary to secure a player who is almost out of contract, or if they're set at a stupidly high level (as most are in Spain, where minimum fee clauses are mandatory).

The worse it gets the more interested I am to see how they do next season. One thing's for sure, you can forget about total football. The only way they can be competitive next season is through pure graft and determination. They will undoubtedly be the lowest scorers in the league. The only way they can somewhat offset Szmodics leaving is being defensively horrible to play against. On top of that they need to avoid injuries because they simply can't afford to have them. 

They need a miracle. 

Edited by Neal