BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

3 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Such a random link that it sort of feels like it could be true.

but it will be a loan with an option to buy (that wont be taken up)

Probably blow the entire "war chest" on the loan fee too

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nicko did that story on Sunday

Thanks for the link. What type of player is he? What position does he play? 

Looks like he can play on the left, right and in the hole. Probably more in the hole than anywhere.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yes, this aspect is particularly noticeable, and worrying. You'd have thought the guy from Leeds, Cooper, would be worth a 2 year deal for example.

Especially so when you throw in that there's just a shrug of the shoulders to a number of our higher earners only having a year remaining (Dolan, Hyam and Gallagher just 3 off the top of my head). 

Edited by G Somerset Rover

2 minutes ago, G Somerset Rover said:

Especially so when you throw in that there's just a shrug of the shoulders to a number of our higher earners only having a year remaining (Dolan, Hyam and Gallagher just 3 off the top of my head). 

Sigurdsson too

Edited by KentExile

I'm not even gonna bother looking into this Yuki Ohashi chap, have made this mistake too many times!

Once I hear something concrete I may entertain it... but I just can't see these muppets spending ~£1m on someone.

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

I'm not even gonna bother looking into this Yuki Ohashi chap, have made this mistake too many times!

Once I hear something concrete I may entertain it... but I just can't see these muppets spending ~£1m on someone.

On the other hand, our boy Nicko is now reporting on it...

Anyone have access to his patreon?

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 1

Can imagine that if we sign this lad that:

A - he's to replace Szmods. 

B - Swag has convinced the Vs it'll open up marketing opportunities. Can't wait for David Dunn to be drafted in for the commercial for the first Vs takeaway in Japan. 

• Like 2

If we are signing Ohashi, strange to only offer a 2 year deal? What's the point? 1 year left on his deal next summer and same position with Gallagher and Dolan this year. Will probably walk on a free 🤣

• Like 2

Looks like a John Park special to me….

As for the million pounds, it will be spread over several years and Waggott will know he can offload him to Holland/Germany/Spain in 12 months for a similar fee if he doesn’t fire in the championship.

8 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

6 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

On the other hand, our boy Nicko is now reporting on it...

Anyone have access to his patreon?

The emotional rollercoaster of a transfer window at Rovers!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gamst21 said:

If we are signing Ohashi, strange to only offer a 2 year deal? What's the point? 1 year left on his deal next summer and same position with Gallagher and Dolan this year. Will probably walk on a free 🤣

Imagine it'll be the classic '2 years with an option' thing

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gamst21 said:

If true, it is probably due to the wage being offered to him.

ie Rovers wont commit anything more than £7K-10K/week, So he wont sign a longer deal

Edited by KentExile

18 hours ago, rog of the rovers said:

Will he even qualify for a work permit? 

No, but you can have up to 4 players on those "elite significant contribution"  permits.  Since we got rid of Telalovic and Wahlstedt, we only have Sigurdsson (*) taking up a spot currently, so can bring in 3/4 cheap foreign pot shots

* Not 100% sure if Sigurdsson qualified for a work permit or takes up one of these slots, so we either have 3 or all 4 of these slots remaining

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 3

Always felt we should be looking at Asia and the J league . From a marketing point of view the fruits can be huge.

This lad 28 in a few days and 6 months into a j-league season so will be fit , worry would be can he last a full season with zero rest?  January  best time to buy players from Japan 

• Like 2