BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

4 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Looking at some of the"Free" agent signings in the EFL Championship this summer;

Vaclav Hladky, Callum Chambers, Chris Willock, Ben Osborn, Cody Drameh, Japhet Tanganga, Louie Sibley, Josh Murphy, Callum O'Hare, Jamie Shackleton, Max Lowe, Jamal Lowe, Nathaniel Chalobah, Ben Hamer, Ben Gibson, and even Ian Poveda.

Rovers annually sleepwalk through this part of the summer transfer window. In fact, looking back over the past dozen years, are Rovers perhaps the worst club when it comes to "Free" signings.

Danny Graham and Charlie Mulgrew stand out, but the best I could research beyond that are Lewis Holtby, Daniel Ayala, Stewart Downing, Bradley Johnson, Richie Smallwood and Tommy Spurr... Maybe Arnor Sigurdsson becomes one. But that is only 9 players in 12 years. Must wake up and do better. Every year we end up annoyed and disappointed.

Completely agree. There is always plenty of decent Championship level players available on a free every summer, and yet Rovers never seem to do much in that area...or maybe they can't compete with other clubs in offering contracts, not sure.

Tronstad was on a free last summer wasn't he? I'd call that one a win.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, AVE1875 said:

So looks like we'll be announcing Ohashi (for the first team) and Mafoumbi (for the U-21s soon) according to reports ... Potentially followed by Danny Batth (first team).

Also seeing rumours about us being linked with Marek Rodak but stumbling due to wage demands and now Al Ettifaq are circling... So he's obviously going to the Saudi league... A signing like him would be exceptional business, but as if Rovers would ever pull that off!

I guess I will resign to us signing Weopold Lahlstedt from one of the Scandinavian Leagues ... 🤣

Which Mafoumbi we signing ? the boy from FC NANTES ?

1 hour ago, cmkay1999 said:

Can’t believe the amount of people already slating the lad. Saying he’s not good enough or that it likely won’t work out. Give him a chance to get to Brockhall first 😂

That isn't his fault or the fans fault, again it comes back to the club and the owners. It's hard for anyone to have confidence in any target or decision they make because of the way it is being ran.

Naturally you would expect signings in our circumstances to have less of an impact than ones at well run, well scouted and well funded clubs.

The reality is they aren't doing enough in the window, they haven't for years and the reaction to this signing is just collateral damage.

Good luck to him, I really hope he's a good un and importantly... the first of many!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MarkBRFC said:

The reason we don't sign any free transfers with championship experience is because of the wages and signing on fee, we just aren't prepared to pay it.

Which is likely why this will very likely be our last year in the Championship for the foreseeable. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, den said:

My only thoughts are around the idea that £30m in the bank and there isn’t a better bet between here and this guy for a striker. Really? There isn’t another striker anywhere between here and China?

WTF are the club thinking?

Looking all over the world for quality players which we need asap. We need a bigger squad. Still need another striker, winger with pace, 2 centre backs and keeper minimal 

47 minutes ago, Polky said:

Rangers looking at Dykes, so hopefully he signs for them.

I would take Dykes over Gallagher. Can hold the ball better and can be affect from Crosses especially if we are going to play this way. 

• Downvote 1

Out of interest, how many signings do you all think we need…..absolute bare minimum I’d say 4 but they would have to be first team ready and better than what we currently have. This is also including no outgoings.

GK, CB, CM, CF.

Our midfield worries me as it is very one dimensional and has very little creativity.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hi Mack said:

Out of interest, how many signings do you all think we need…..absolute bare minimum I’d say 4 but they would have to be first team ready and better than what we currently have. This is also including no outgoings.

GK, CB, CM, CF.

Our midfield worries me as it is very one dimensional and has very little creativity.

I don't think Eustace wants centre midfield creativity but using wide areas to be creativity

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Polky said:

The ITK wars continue…

To be fair to Elliot he did state this morning as far as he's aware Ohashi is still in Japan. Nathan on the other hand said he was in the country last night and that he was doing first part of medical in Manchester. 

You’d have to think that if the fee of 150k is right, that the Japanese attacker is nothing to do with sammie leaving. So you would hope that if Sammie does leave that the money will go into signing some more players. However this is rovers so the money will likely go into heating Waggots indoor pool. 

Will be a shame if he does go, but at his age you’d think Sammie needs to jump at the chance to play prem football.

45 minutes ago, sharpysharps86 said:

Completely agree. There is always plenty of decent Championship level players available on a free every summer, and yet Rovers never seem to do much in that area...or maybe they can't compete with other clubs in offering contracts, not sure.

Tronstad was on a free last summer wasn't he? I'd call that one a win.

We were comfortably in the bottom third of the Championship for wage budget last season.

I suspect we're comfortably in the bottom three now.

Free Agents require more in salary to acquire. The Championship mostly doesn't have a pot to piss in on transfer fees because it all goes into wages.

29 minutes ago, Hi Mack said:

GK, CB, CM, CF.

I think JE wants a GK, CB, Wingers and a striker at the bare minimum.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cmkay1999 said:

You’d have to think that if the fee of 150k is right, that the Japanese attacker is nothing to do with sammie leaving. So you would hope that if Sammie does leave that the money will go into signing some more players. However this is rovers so the money will likely go into heating Waggots indoor pool. 

Will be a shame if he does go, but at his age you’d think Sammie needs to jump at the chance to play prem football.

Where has 150k come from? I thought it was 800k