BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

11 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

So he’s still over there?

It's making my head spin!!

I can imagine this ending in no signing but the club shop making a killing with a new 'Where's Yuki?" book. Each page being set in a different country/city/airport and including an extra special challenge of finding a laughing Duncan McGuire peeping out from behind a randomly-placed and camouflaged 'submit' button. Bonus points for spotting Suhail in the shadows.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Madon said:

I feel sorry for Eustace, sounds as though he actually genuinely believes we are going to bring in 5 decent players! Sorry Mr.Eustace, us Rovers fans have heard the same spiel from our gaffers for the past 11 years or so! 

Defenders are coming

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WacoRover said:

If Rovers are bringing in 5 or 6 players- and three of those are Yuki, Batth, & Humphrys- that’s at least a step in the right direction. But, even then, only one of those three is proven at the Championship level (Batth).  

I will defer to y’all, many of you have followed the club 50 years. But, the other 2-3 signings would need to be a step up from these three, imo. 

But it's not really a step forward is it, it never is under the Venkys.

As always it's 1 step forward 3 steps back

because non of those players are going to come close to replacing what szmodics brings to the team

Probably getting punished by the club or he’s just a nice chap …. It’s strange. ..  could another saga be on its way  😉

Edited by unleaded
Mistake

5 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Probably getting punished by the club or he’s just a nice chap …. It’s strange. ..  could another saga be on its way  😉

Careful, people take your words very seriously on here, as our most reliable ITK... that winky face after asking if another saga is on its way will have people thinking you know something, which I don't think is what you meant.

Of course, if you have heard another saga is coming, that's a different story...

52 minutes ago, Polky said:

image.thumb.jpeg.e0123349d48830ec263a32d1d6f5d657.jpeg

My first thought upon seeing that is "he's staying" (with the Japanese club).

Let's hope it's him being kind and this is his way of saying farewell to the fans over there. If this is botched up again...seriously. It wouldn't even be about the player in such a scenario for me, but everything to do with the clown show. Prove us wrong.

1 hour ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I thought that a couple of years years ago but to me he hasn't developed at all as a footballer. Still very little end product and poor decision making. You get a great 10-20 minute spell out of him once in a blue moon, but thats about it 

Personally I think Dolan, Buckley and possibly Garret to have until Christmas to prove their worth and if they can't step up they should step aside. 

I know you can read too much into these sorts of stats, but his end product per minute under JDT was way up on where it had been. Admittedly a big part of that was that he was very rarely on the pitch for 90 mins, which maybe tells its own story! 

There are times where he really can't get into games, but I think they tend to when the team is struggling and he lacks the physicality to impose himself. I think when we have a decent platform, he's more effective than he was a few years ago when he was exciting but a one-trick pony. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I know you can read too much into these sorts of stats, but his end product per minute under JDT was way up on where it had been. Admittedly a big part of that was that he was very rarely on the pitch for 90 mins, which maybe tells its own story! 

There are times where he really can't get into games, but I think they tend to when the team is struggling and he lacks the physicality to impose himself. I think when we have a decent platform, he's more effective than he was a few years ago when he was exciting but a one-trick pony. 

What was that one trick, i must have missed it ?

Sanfrecce Hiroshima have played 12 home games this season, 8 sell outs, averaging about 25 k in a 28.5 k stadium.

Yuki will have to get used to something a tad different, IF he comes to Ewood.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, rigger said:

What was that one trick, i must have missed it ?

He had a bag of tricks, you must have needed your eye prescription upgrading. But I suspect the poster is talking about the stepovers. As time has gone on he's stopped a lot of the flashy stuff, but he was a very exciting player to watch in that first season. Hasn't kicked on as much as I'd hoped, but his game has changed nonetheless.

12 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

john john john,you really hav`nt been here long enough to experience the venky/swag way of running ruining a football club

Small typo there, sorted it for you.

• Like 1

rovers apparently getting frustrated at ipswich over sammie negotiations,personally i suspect it`s the other way round,there is no way we are ever getting 15-20 million quid for him,this carrying on will only result in one p****d off player denied his big chance of the premier league,this is the brereton saga repeated,not selling a player by overvaluing him and refusing to reason on the price,rovers repution in the game must be absolutely shredded

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WacoRover said:

If Rovers are bringing in 5 or 6 players- and three of those are Yuki, Batth, & Humphrys- that’s at least a step in the right direction. But, even then, only one of those three is proven at the Championship level (Batth).  

I will defer to y’all, many of you have followed the club 50 years. But, the other 2-3 signings would need to be a step up from these three, imo. 

Less likely Batth, more likely McFadzean

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

rovers apparently getting frustrated at ipswich over sammie negotiations,personally i suspect it`s the other way round,there is no way we are ever getting 15-20 million quid for him,this carrying on will only result in one p****d off player denied his big chance of the premier league,this is the brereton saga repeated,not selling a player by overvaluing him and refusing to reason on the price,rovers repution in the game must be absolutely shredded

We won't lose Szmodics for free though (or if we do it will be on 3 years when all his best years are gone).

I'm sick of us selling players below true worth, so I'll take it. Plus I do think 15 mill to a Prem team is fair (20 is a bit much though) although it's likely we'd have to settle for less, and that we're guaranteed relegation if we sell him. And I don't think he's a throw the toys out the pram type either. So I'm fine with this.

Also, fuck Ipswich for their utterly insulting 6 million initial bid (allegedly).

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

He had a bag of tricks, you must have needed your eye prescription upgrading. But I suspect the poster is talking about the stepovers. As time has gone on he's stopped a lot of the flashy stuff, but he was a very exciting player to watch in that first season. Hasn't kicked on as much as I'd hoped, but his game has changed nonetheless.

So his trick was doing multiple step overs and beating no-one !

Before leaving for the UK, Jashibashi took the opportunity to buy the first class next Thursday's Hiroshima Three Arrows vs Stegar preseason warm-up match. No. 77 special air support uniform has 100 fans. Special autographed thank you card.

Although it was not possible to say goodbye to a group of three arrows fans on the pitch, the bridge still hopes to send thanks to him by hand, and thank him for his support for half a year.

Japan is a country full of human feelings, never too much

#布力般RumourMill

#YukiOhashi

Venkys always ask for 20 million they did with Rhodes but ended up with 9 rising to 11.

Did with Armstrong and ended up with just over half that, did with BBD initially so it doesn't mean a right lot in the grand scheme of things.

Buyers know he wants to move, they know we need money and are willing sellers for a reasonable price.