BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

35 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Asmir Begovic Off to Charlton.

Nixon did say a week or so ago that Begovic’s preference was to stay in London. We were interested apparently but obviously not interested enough to make a decent offer!

10 minutes ago, matt83 said:

I’ll have a sportsman’s bet with you. Whether he wanted to stay or not he’ll be well below the quality needed. 

Out of interest, if he does sign as a forward (not necessarily an out and out striker) what do you class as a success for someone coming in on a free? 

What numbers ( goals and assists) would you describe as acceptable?

5 minutes ago, matt83 said:

If we sign him I’m sure we’ll see. My position remains he’ll be well below the quality needed. 

Reports are that he’s direct and quite quick, something we lack…Let’s be honest the benchmark on our attacking line isn’t really hard to beat, if he’s not a starter he will be surely a decent addition off the bench.

I would like to hope one of our main targets is a foreign winger,  hopefully on a permanent.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

19 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Nixon did say a week or so ago that Begovic’s preference was to stay in London. We were interested apparently but obviously not interested enough to make a decent offer!

Outbid by Charlton. Bloody hell.

12 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Outbid by Charlton. Bloody hell.

15 years ago you'd never have expected that.  

I wonder who was in charge at Charlton back then, and how they've managed to turn it round since then!

34 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Duff info on that one. He had no issue at all with coming back up north. 

Not sure if an offer was made but he still has property in the north west and was happy to move back up this way. I was told that after the press had mentioned that his preference was to stay down south. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Duru is definitely different to anything we have in that position, very direct runner in the Frimpong mould. Very hard to say where he is at in terms of being championship level after playing against Accrington and a Morecambe side that signed 17 players in a week. 

It was interesting tactically how high and wide he was instructed to be at times, whilst at the same time Biniek clearly had instructions to pin the touchline high on the opposite side. Eustace looking to make the pitch as big as possible and play out then through the centre. Not quite what I expected from Eustace, in that we set up more aggressively than we've seen

That's how we have played all pre season with the right winger moving inside into the 10 role and the Right back and left winger providing the width and the left back staying back making it 3 at the back and us playing like 3-4-2-1 formation and without the ball in 4-2-3-1/4-4-2 formation defending

3 hours ago, danger19_80 said:

McFadzean signing next week then. He did a good job but it's an entirely underwhelming one

Its a shame it couldn't have been done a week or two ago. 

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

‘5 or 6 really good players to come in’… so when they don’t?

But of course a couple of 20 year old loanees who have never played a game at this level will count as two of those.

Harvey Elliott and Tosin never played at this level before but both were outstanding here. Ayari and Chrisene were decent loan players last season and Would like to see us signed both this summer

50 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Some new names tomorrow from Nixon we are chasing now

• Downvote 1

We’ve had good loans in the past, we’ve had a load of shite ones too - but as usual you missed the point. If we bring in five players and two of them are young loanees that is nowhere near enough and I think you know that.

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

We’ve had good loans in the past, we’ve had a load of shite ones too - but as usual you missed the point. If we bring in five players and two of them are young loanees that is nowhere near enough and I think you know that.

So if Eustace is able to bring in someone like Nathan Fraser from Wolves and Ben Chrisene from Villa both on loan would you welcome that or not? 

I agree on your last point actually Matty and its a more than valid one. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So if Eustace is able to bring in someone like Nathan Fraser from Wolves and Ben Chrisene from Villa both on loan would you welcome that or not? 

I agree on your last point actually Matty and its a more than valid one. 

‘We’ve had good loans in the past’ answers that question.

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

That's how we have played all pre season with the right winger moving inside into the 10 role and the Right back and left winger providing the width and the left back staying back making it 3 at the back and us playing like 3-4-2-1 formation and without the ball in 4-2-3-1/4-4-2 formation defending

I remember when Brum came here a couple of seasons ago under JE and their French RB (whose name escapes me but always looked a good un) played almost like a RW when they were attacking.

Brum looked very good that day. I remember JDT commenting on how good they were after the match. 

If JE is supported and players provided for him then I’m confident we can have a decent season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

I’ll have a sportsman’s bet with you. Whether he wanted to stay or not he’ll be well below the quality needed. 

Completely beside the point I’m making. Say you think he’s shit by all means. He possibly is. I’ve no idea.

But don’t make stuff up to try and prove that point.

Edited by Hasta